Brett Jackson

safest WTI long term spot price investment?

Hi, i want exposure to the spot price of oil for long term hold. What is the safest investment out there for 100% of my own funds. (no cfds!) 
I do not want to get caught out with rolling contracts in an ETF  I am looking for something that will track the spot price only ?? if possible....?

2 hours ago, Brett Jackson said:

Hi, i want exposure to the spot price of oil for long term hold. What is the safest investment out there for 100% of my own funds. (no cfds!) 
I do not want to get caught out with rolling contracts in an ETF  I am looking for something that will track the spot price only ?? if possible....?

I have the same question but they will answer after they buy first at lowest price and use me and you to drive the price up so they can sell high. We will hold the bag.

DBO has better roll strategies with higher potential returns than USO in this severe contango situation. But in 1 and half years they both will at least double after everything becomes normal after vaccinations.

UWT is good if you want to gamble for a short time because it decays in long term. If oil doubles in a short time your investment grows 6X but the opposite is true too so don't play with borrowed money.

• Like 1

You cannot avoid rolling and huge contango as you cannot invest in SPOT. Only way to avoid contango is to get delivery of oil and then sell it at later time.. I bought DBO. Glad I did as front month colapsed to negative, USO is tanking with it. DBO or USL are viable options. Or invididual stocks / ETFs with oil companies. Most people recommend those in time of contango as they do not suffer from it and also you get dividend. But I did not buy any because with oil price this low, a lot of companies will suffer badly. And here to you have producers, refiners,...

• Upvote 1

USO owned 25% of the outstanding volume of May WTI oil futures contracts as of last week and today was dumping the worthless paper. It went down 11% but DBO only below 2%.

I wonder What month DBO is invested right now and how much this mega contango will affect the futures for summer months.

Buy an oil well and shut it in. No different than money in a bank, Try to withdraw money from a bank these days, good luck. Same for an oil well, withdraws these days will cost you a bundle

UWT closed last month big disappointing ... Gush is the one that is leveraged for 2x oil any suggestions for agresi

What is the most logical strategy now to get ready for the  3 X profit when oil goes back to 50 after recovered people can go back to normal and the rest get vaccinated or there is suddenly an easy treatment? 

UWT is gone. How long will USO decay? Is USO now like DBO? Any safe oil stocks?

(edited)

Ara Panoyan is correct as they will only answer this question after buying low. After that, they'll use all of us, who are seeking to invest some money, to drive the prices up and rip off every penny from our pockets. However, I don't consider your strategy, Ara, as the most logical for the moment of April 2020. If you are ready to wait more than two years in this case, then yes, you can do it, but if you're not, you should look for something else. If you really want to find the best investment strategy for you, you should seek it on https://www.moneyunder30.com/. There you'll find all the answers you need.

Edited by Ouallan