Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CN

Amerisur Resources

Hello Gents,

First post here, only found these forums a couple of days ago some really insightful posts from people with great knowledge.

Looking at other point of view from experienced guys like yourselves. I'm currently invested in AIM:AMER, it's a producer with mostly operations in Columbia.

Currently producing around 7k barrels a day, with plans to expand this to 12k by end of the year, with 20k target for end of next year.

They own a pipeline from Columbia into Ecuador with capacity up to 50k a day but there are issues Ecuador side and it needs a new pumping station added to increase flow rates (due completion in Nov). Operating costs for the pipeline work out about $14 a barrel so nice profit margin at current price of oil.

15 wells planned to be drilled in next 16 months planned to be drilled or worked over.

No debt, new discovery on LTT in a block which Amer owns 30%, producing about 5k a day with 2 more wells here planned in next couple of months

The fundamentals look all there but there is a major share holder called Rex Habour that has been reducing his holding for some time, currently still owns just below 5% of the company

With everything looking good I can't understand the share price, wondering if I should cut my losses and sell up, my average is 22p so it's quite  hit to take on the portfolio but sometimes if something isn't right it isn't right, am I missing something obvious here?

Been a holder for 2 years and it's not been rosy apart from a spike when the OBA came online, which I didn't sell at, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Hmmm.. I don't know anything specifically about that company, or when Rex lowered his stake. But I do know that Colombia's oil production dipped in February (reported just recently) after an uptick in violence. 

Yeh, I thought that may be an issue but the violence was in the North of the country from the ELN, were as these operate in the south. It just looks too cheap at the minute which is making me nervous as to why, if the big boys know something the PI's don't. Guess I will keep holding till end of the year as the fundamentals look too good, hopefully not get egg on my face!

Anyone got any other oil plays? With Brent flirting with $70 oil stocks look unloved and undervalued at the minute.

16 hours ago, UKOilTrader said:

Hello Gents,

First post here, only found these forums a couple of days ago some really insightful posts from people with great knowledge.

Looking at other point of view from experienced guys like yourselves. I'm currently invested in AIM:AMER, it's a producer with mostly operations in Columbia.

Currently producing around 7k barrels a day, with plans to expand this to 12k by end of the year, with 20k target for end of next year.

They own a pipeline from Columbia into Ecuador with capacity up to 50k a day but there are issues Ecuador side and it needs a new pumping station added to increase flow rates (due completion in Nov). Operating costs for the pipeline work out about $14 a barrel so nice profit margin at current price of oil.

15 wells planned to be drilled in next 16 months planned to be drilled or worked over.

No debt, new discovery on LTT in a block which Amer owns 30%, producing about 5k a day with 2 more wells here planned in next couple of months

The fundamentals look all there but there is a major share holder called Rex Habour that has been reducing his holding for some time, currently still owns just below 5% of the company

With everything looking good I can't understand the share price, wondering if I should cut my losses and sell up, my average is 22p so it's quite  hit to take on the portfolio but sometimes if something isn't right it isn't right, am I missing something obvious here?

Been a holder for 2 years and it's not been rosy apart from a spike when the OBA came online, which I didn't sell at, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

not sure about this one. I'm not keen on the management. I think their PR announcements are generally misleading and that they're not on track to deliver in the timeframes that they suggest.