Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BC

Oil trading-total newbie

I’m completely new to this. I have $5000 that I want to play with and can lose (but don’t want to). What is the best and simplest way for me to try and cash on these historically low oil prices? Thank you.

• Like 1

(edited)

I'm not recommending anything in particular, but maybe an ETF or mutual fund of oil companies?  Spread the risk between all of the fund's holdings, and let the fund managers lay awake at night wondering which companies are going out of business.

Edited by Bob_W
  • Upvote 1

5K is not enough to play anything reasonable. You're not allowed to make mistakes at all with the sum like this. So try better another market

Invest in an electric-bicycle retail shop or franchise.  The planet is going broke, and even at low prices nobody can afford to run a car, so the electric bicycle or side-car bicycle is likely going to emerge as the new winner in transportation.  I am setting up a manufacturing plant to fabericate them by the thousands, flood the market with product!

• Upvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Jan van Eck said:

Invest in an electric-bicycle retail shop or franchise.  The planet is going broke, and even at low prices nobody can afford to run a car, so the electric bicycle or side-car bicycle is likely going to emerge as the new winner in transportation.  I am setting up a manufacturing plant to fabericate them by the thousands, flood the market with product!

The Dutch love bicycles, North Americans hate them. 

I raced road bicycles for years and spent way too much time taking abuse from moronic truck drivers.

Edited by Enthalpic