YK

A government-funded analysis found hydroxychloroquine ineffective for COVID-19, increases risk of death

“Specifically, hydroxychloroquine use with or without co-administration of azithromycin did not improve mortality or reduce the need for mechanical ventilation in hospitalized patients,” they wrote. “On the contrary, hydroxychloroquine use alone was associated with an increased risk of mortality compared to standard care alone.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/study-of-hydroxychloroquine-trump-promoted-coronavirus-drug-finds-more-deaths?source=articles&via=rss

Observe the "glorious" leader Donald Trump with a fresh load of lies and evasions on the topic - because that's his method. Brush aside the expert advice, listen to loyalists, yes men and various interest group lobbyist, make random decisions, if they work, paint yourself a savior, if not, blame someone else. 

As long as the cult magic works - clap your hands, yesterday's lies are forgotten, today's lie becomes the tomorrow's truth. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

Well, it either happened, or it did not happen. In this case, the study does exist, and it says what the article says. The messenger is not all that important.

There are things they won't tell you on heavily censored Fox News with their "Alternate reality" approach: 

"Bring me the news!"

"Lord Warwick is dead, sir!"

"No, I don't like this news! Bring me the other news!"

"Sir Warwick is alive, sir!"

"Great! We should celebrate!"

• Great Response! 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 3

It's sad, isn't it?  ^^

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

It's sad, isn't it?  ^^

TDS combined with 4am talking points gets amusing sometimes.

• Like 4
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Nope.

The Department of Veterans Affairs study (Outcomes of hydroxychloroquine usage in United States veterans hospitalized with Covid-19) being pushed by the media right now is not a randomized control study, nor has it been peer reviewed. It is a retroactive analysis. The problem with retrospective analysis is that it relies upon secondary data where researchers have no control over how the data was initially collected, essentially making any conclusions in such research studies biased or incomplete. The VA study being pushed by the media right now only involved 385 patients, of which only 368 males between the ages of 59 and 75 were evaluated.

The French trail was small and not blind. yet you liked using that study as evidence.

You can't just look at studies that show promise and ignore everything else.

Unfortunately, Hydroxychloroquine is not the miracle you hoped.  If it was so fantastic we wouldn't be seeing ~1000 death/day in the US alone.

You can't argue that it hasn't been tried by plenty at this point.  Everyone and their dog has heard of it by now. There is no conspiracy preventing it from saving lives if it worked so well.  Sure, it might help but it's no miracle.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

10 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

You can't argue that it hasn't been tried by plenty at this point.  Everyone and their dog has heard of it by now. There is no conspiracy preventing it from saving lives if it worked so well.  Sure, it might help but it's no miracle.

Let's agree to disagree.

The concerted MSM talking points all saying the same thing at the same time, knocking HCQ ... does that concern you in any way?

[ No benefits, more deaths. ]

So scary, right?

Critical thinking not needed, just be happy to be told what to think, right?

HCQMockingbird.thumb.png.8fabf12cc2e864b0079d0feef09a5c97.png

• Great Response! 5
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Let's agree to disagree.

The concerted MSM talking points all saying the same thing at the same time, knocking HCQ ... does that concern you in any way?

So scary, right?

Fox and conservative media are MSM. If 1/3-1/2 of your population is into 'whatever', by definition that 'whatever' IS main stream.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Strangelovesurfing said:

Fox and conservative media are MSM. If 1/3-1/2 of your population is into 'whatever', by definition that 'whatever' IS main stream.

Fox is MSM? What you been smokin boy? Mainstream media is the usual suspects, the old school charlatans. Fox News broke that mold. If your brain is unwilling or unable to make that connection I'm more than happy to define MSM = Liberal Media since you're so happy to call something "conservative media". Only a moron would equate "conservative media" with MS . 

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

What part of if 1/3-1/2 of your population is confusing you? Main stream means what ever a large percentage of your population is doing. So if a large percentage of people are getting their media through Fox or various 'conservative' outlets they are main stream.

Edited by Strangelovesurfing
typos
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

1 hour ago, Strangelovesurfing said:

I also view Fox as Mainstream, controlled opposition.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Let's agree to disagree.

So scary, right?

All the media 'sides' uses talking points that are disseminated into their respective bubbles. On the bright side seems like less and less people are calling it news anymore so I guess that's progress! Maybe one day we'll have actual reporting and near-objective news again. Gee wiz wouldn't that be a nice.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

I also view Fox as Mainstream, controlled opposition.

Thank god not everybody's drinking the cool aid. The whole conservative/liberal media crap has become all consuming for too much of the population. From where I'm sitting the whole thing looks like a giant divide and profit strategy that not enough people will step back and see.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Strangelovesurfing said:

Thank god not everybody's drinking the cool aid.

meMMaO1x.thumb.jpeg.fddbbe401a82f5c0783e56dd8b632f8f.jpeg

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 7
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

Fox news has already fallen out of love with hydroxychloroquine.  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/media/fox-news-hydroxychloroquine-reliable-sources/index.html

Oh, they also fired the top doctor developing the CV19 vaccine, after he resisted widespread adoption of hydroxychloroquine.  Dr. Rick Bright was removed from his post for insisting that “the billions of dollars allocated by Congress to address the Covid-19 pandemic” be put toward “safe and scientifically vetted solutions, and not in drugs, vaccines and other technologies that lack scientific merit.”

Edited by Hotone
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

The French trail was small and not blind. yet you liked using that study as evidence.

Unfortunately, Hydroxychloroquine is not the miracle you hoped.  If it was so fantastic we wouldn't be seeing ~1000 death/day in the US alone.

I think it has been a miracle for many, I have heard their stories. It also seems to be the best drug to take early in the treatment plan. You are, of course, free to refuse it as anyone is. Especially Yoshiro. 

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hotone said:

Fox news has already fallen out of love with hydroxychloroquine.  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/media/fox-news-hydroxychloroquine-reliable-sources/index.html

Oh, they also fired the top doctor developing the CV19 vaccine, after he resisted widespread adoption of hydroxychloroquine.  Dr. Rick Bright was removed from his post for insisting that “the billions of dollars allocated by Congress to address the Covid-19 pandemic” be put toward “safe and scientifically vetted solutions, and not in drugs, vaccines and other technologies that lack scientific merit.”

When you oppose the President of the United States and those over you because of your intransigence it is nobody's fault but your own. He was just plain wrong and deserved to be fired.

Fox did not go against hydroxychloroquine either. You are welcome to refuse it though. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3

(edited)

56 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

I think it has been a miracle for many, I have heard their stories. It also seems to be the best drug to take early in the treatment plan. You are, of course, free to refuse it as anyone is. Especially Yoshiro. 

Unfortunately, with often self-resolving diseases "fake cures" can appear to be effective.  If you give 100 people with the common cold a single piece of raw broccoli on day 1, it has 99.9 % effectiveness at "curing" the cold by day 9.  Silly example, but still, many people go to bed feeling terrible and wake up feeling way better the next day -without any treatment- for a wide variety of ailments.  If they took XYZ pill the night before they falsely attribute the recovery to the pill.

I'm not saying it doesn't help.  I just think we would be seeing more response if it were a miracle drug.

I would take it if a physician offered, but that doesn't mean I need to promote it before I see more data.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

(edited)

Accepting the Null is the high scientific high road.

Clinging to a hypothesis that is not holding water is the low road.

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results"

-Winston Churchill

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

In my personal opinion, there are simply too many people involved in the issue who simply want to make a buck or a reputation out of this pandemic at this point.

Par for the course.

5 hours ago, ronwagn said:
13 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

As there appear to be at least 33 different mutations of the virus that have been identified so far is it not the case that Hydroxychloroquine or any other drug may be far more effective on 1 strain as opposed to another?? Also doesn't it depend on the optimum time-frame during infection of when to take these drugs?

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-has-mutated-into-more-than-30-strains-say-scientists-in-china-11976380

I would welcome opinion on this especially @Gerry Maddoux and @Oro 

Also Ron the availability of actually taking Hydroxychloroquine in may countries / States seems to be a problem, so it may not actually be a choice many of us get to make presently.

• Like 1

CNN SHOWING NO RESPECT FOR THE US PRESIDENT- THIS IS TREASON

While watching my favourite show of the the week The situation Room with Herr Wulf Blitzkreig I was flabbergasted after waiting for what seemed an internity for the CV19 brief they aired the presidents team starting with Berk and her "thats a really good question" intro and then on to Steve Munchen etc and when it came time for "The President" to speak CNN cut it off and went to some democrat talking about massage parlours in Georgia, while POTUS was addressing the nation, this happened two days on the trot, then what was broadcasted was the edited version of his parle with reporters.

Is this legal to cut off a head of state or your president in mid address to the nation, what could be more breaking news? Something is wrong in the USA that this kind of thing happens, god forbid you did this in the UK if the Queen was on the box, you would be thrown in the tower.

Last night Trump was smart he started interrupting the journalists from the sidelines with some fairly heated rhetoric, I think the guy who has to hit the Trump disappear button at CNN realised that it was going to get hairy and left him speaking. CNN is tarting to look like North Korean TV, blatant censorship is this not covered in the 1st amendment - Freedom of speech - surely the president out Trumps massage parlours in Georgia?

You guys have some work to do, forget foreign policy best stay at home for a while and sort it out.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Rolling Eye 1

3 hours ago, James Regan said:

CNN is tarting to look like North Korean TV, blatant censorship

Great typo  : )

2 thumbs up

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 2