On the subject of flights

• Upvote 1

Social shaming of non clangers is now a thing in the UK

90 year old dementia sufferer had nasty letter put through his door because he didn't clap for the NHS

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, James Regan said:

Dr Sanjay Gupta looks worried, he cares you know......

Sanjay, Wolf and Christiane Amanpour used to be so, what's the term?  Honest?  They used to report what they saw, what they knew, what they investigated and researched.  I really did like all 3 of them.  And then one day, it was as if Dracula had bitten them all and they turned into something else.  Guess somebody explained to them that it was either one way with a bonus; or another way with a horse's head in their beds.

Really sad.  They used to be so good at what they did.

• Upvote 3

+3000 dead in the US today. 

Is it really the "blind leading the blind"? 

Or rather the half-blind trying to lead the ones with their head in the sand? 

Question  asked. 

23 hours ago, 0R0 said:

Yes, there are multiple levels of corruption, and an additional level of malevolence in suspension of anti trust law for hospital coops regional pharma distributors/benefits/wholesalers and their likes as well as medical staff unions. Kickbacks are paid to hospital corps. by the coop organization where the markup occurs. 

I take this lobbying fraud in US too emotional, but in my late 20s my employer required me to become Certified Internal Auditor. These were just 4 test exams, 2 weeks study, no big deal cause I knew how it works in practice.  This was from Institute of Internal Auditors, American one. At that time I was not interested in US politics, just knew who was the current President. And later I found out how lobbying is functioning in US. I said what the hell ? How they can tolerate something like this ? I mean US just has to go down with such type of corruption. Only it is a big economy and a great country, so even that the process accelerated already some 15 years ago, the country is still resilient. And China and other blocks like EU are also making a lot of mistakes. But such unexpected events like COVID-19 are further accelerating the trend. I would say COVID-19 is like 3-4 years of continuation of bad policies, it hastens US demise by a few years.

And how economic illiteracy, being simply d@mb suddenly became a virtue ? I understand that Trump had the best rival possible in Hillary "Deplorables" Clinton and he must have won.

It was so strange that whole Democratic Party cannot find and breed from a small puppy a good looking person with charisma like was Barack Obama.

Obama was just a good looking, very intelligent man, with a very good ability to deliver speeches written by other persons. He had no experience in anything distantly related to being US President, never managed even the smallest team.

I would say Democratic Party with all its resources should find 3-4 persons in each decade, make them Senators (any intelligent & educated person with some actors skills can become US Senator in Democratic State) and have them start in Primaries.

Party should make program for them, and advertise and sell them like washing powder. (Ronald Reagan became US President, Arnold Szwarzenegger became governor of California).

Otherwise we are doomed to have Trumps.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

(edited)

They have been arriving or looking at the wrong place..........

On 4/23/2020 at 8:56 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

This whole corona virus issue reminds me of the climate change debate where we are willing to bet our livelihood and way of life on science which does not have the blessing of the entire scientific community and has hatched cheerleaders on both sides of the debate that rarely, if ever, actually understand the science supporting what they are cheering about.

In regards to the corona virus issue, and the climate change debate, it appears that the blind are leading the blind.

On 4/23/2020 at 10:43 PM, Tom Kirkman said:

:  "voluntarily" giving up rights and freedoms in exchange for a false sense of security.

image.png.460ebd1a15bf7896457ea590a7d1549e.png

Edited by specinho

Day 364 quarantine...or so it feels like

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/23/2020 at 9:45 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

(My comment 2 of 2)  (Copied from elsewhere.  Amusing but mostly true.)

=============================================================

Can we get an accurate timeline of what's even happening in the world right now?

>2020 starts off with a bang, WW3 almost happens

>virus memes out in china, reports are that it's bad to horrendous

>starts happening in the west with most countries going into pseudo-martial law

>media and left going into a tailspin trying to have this be the end of the world

>turns out it's a meme virus akin to the flu and the media is overplaying the f*ck out of it for raisins

>Trump declares national emergency and gets wartime powers

>largest military operation happening in europe (Defend Europe 2020) since the cold war ended

>million+ troops stationed across American soil, Trump now saying he's going to bring out all stops to end the "Invisible enemy"

>now he's flying out Blue Angels and other aircraft for moral reasons (now we'll regularly be seeing aircraft in the sky and this is the cover story)

>globalism in freefall around the world with nationalism on the rise, governments around the world being shown for what they are, protection for the elite

>celebs and other political elite acting really really abnormal through the entire thing to say the least, even the sleepiest of normies are waking

>Trump seized the Federal Reserve something that Andrew Jackson would have loved and something that got Abe Lincoln and JFK assassinated for even mentioning

>he now signed an EO going around congress to issue money during the crisis giving him control of all the money and where it can be sent

>Gates, Wuhan, Microsoft, WHO all confirmed rumored to be hacked within the last 24 hours

>now confirmed rumors of wikileaks releasing all their documents

>all happening around the announcement of a new chan which may or may not be a honeypot (unconfirmed but suspicious indeed)

Are we in the heart of the start of something big here?

What's going to happen in these next couple of days, it seems like it's going to be huge honestly. Like HUGE.

What's going to happen??

===================================================

You forgot the locusts.

• Like 4

On 4/23/2020 at 10:35 AM, El Nikko said:

protect the NHS and throw the elderly under a bus is the mantra

Oh, yeah. I remember the "death panels" discussion during the Obama years. They acted like they couldn't believe we would accuse them of such a thing. But here it is - death panels. Nobody 'plans' it; but it happens when you have a single payer that doesn't give a dang about you and no outside alternative.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Valerie Williams said:

Oh, yeah. I remember the "death panels" discussion during the Obama years. They acted like they couldn't believe we would accuse them of such a thing. But here it is - death panels. Nobody 'plans' it; but it happens when you have a single payer that doesn't give a dang about you and no outside alternative.

It's absolutely happened in the UK, we stopped hospital admissions, stopped life saving surgeries, stopped everything to save the heath service...you know the one we all pay for to save us.

It's all coming out slowly at first but it will...we left the elderly to die, we didn't give PPE to the care home workers, the health service refused to take those same elderly who got CV-19.

I've refrained from politics since this started but it looks like a pattern is emerging

• Like 2

5 hours ago, El Nikko said:

Social shaming of non clangers is now a thing in the UK

90 year old dementia sufferer had nasty letter put through his door because he didn't clap for the NHS

Wow

Just now, Valerie Williams said:

Wow

This country is a sh*thole 😂

2 hours ago, Marcin2 said:

And how economic illiteracy, being simply d@mb suddenly became a virtue ? I understand that Trump had the best rival possible in Hillary "Deplorables" Clinton and he must have won.

It was so strange that whole Democratic Party cannot find and breed from a small puppy a good looking person with charisma like was Barack Obama.

Obama was just a good looking, very intelligent man, with a very good ability to deliver speeches written by other persons. He had no experience in anything distantly related to being US President, never managed even the smallest team.

I would say Democratic Party with all its resources should find 3-4 persons in each decade, make them Senators (any intelligent & educated person with some actors skills can become US Senator in Democratic State) and have them start in Primaries.

Party should make program for them, and advertise and sell them like washing powder. (Ronald Reagan became US President, Arnold Szwarzenegger became governor of California).

Otherwise we are doomed to have Trumps.

They already do this. AOC is one of them. All the Kennedy's, all the Bushes. Lord, I hope we won't have to deal with Chelsea in a few years.

This is how you get corrupt, know-nothing career politicians who think they are better than the hoi polloi, but who've never done anything truly useful in their lives and wouldn't know how to. But they sure think they can tell the rest of what to do!

What needs to happen in the US is for the federal government to relinquish all the power and control it has usurped from the states. And we need term limits. There should be no such thing as a career politician. Those idiots should know something about the world they're trying to push around. America's strength came from decentralized and limited government, your representatives close to home, accessible and accountable to the people they SERVE. We are running on the fumes of the past now because we have lost that and the federal government is doing too much and doing it badly.

The European Union was created to copy the US model. But they got it wrong. All the power is concentrated at the top, and the common people have no recourse when things go badly for them. This is the cause of Brexit. America's model that was successful, was really that each state should operate independently, like small countries. We have lost a lot of that, and it will end us if we don't restore it.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 4
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Valerie Williams said:

They already do this. AOC is one of them. All the Kennedy's, all the Bushes. Lord, I hope we won't have to deal with Chelsea in a few years.

This is how you get corrupt, know-nothing career politicians who think they are better than the hoi polloi, but who've never done anything truly useful in their lives and wouldn't know how to. But they sure think they can tell the rest of what to do!

What needs to happen in the US is for the federal government to relinquish all the power and control it has usurped from the states. And we need term limits. There should be no such thing as a career politician. Those idiots should know something about the world they're trying to push around. America's strength came from decentralized and limited government, your representatives close to home, accessible and accountable to the people they SERVE. We are running on the fumes of the past now because we have lost that and the federal government is doing too much and doing it badly.

The European Union was created to copy the US model. But they got it wrong. All the power is concentrated at the top, and the common people have no recourse when things go badly for them. This is the cause of Brexit. America's model that was successful, was really that each state should operate independently, like small countries. We have lost a lot of that, and it will end us if we don't restore it.

Amen

Change will come..it has too and not just in the US the ongoing collapse of the EU is testament of that

Nationalism is what happens next...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, El Nikko said:

The farce continues

"Dyson is about to be stood down from making ventilators just weeks after sparking a row by announcing it had received a government order for 10,000 of the medical devices.

Sources close to the Government project say Sir James Dyson's company will soon be told its services are no longer required."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/04/24/dyson-set-have-ventilator-contract-cancelled/

Dyson sucks...

• Haha 2

I've been watching a series of video podcasts that I think are very helpful. Maybe some of you will like them. This one is the first, but I think they are up to nine videos in the series. They are long, but so informative and interesting they don't feel long. Like a little college lecture, each one.

I think they are both evolutionary biology professors. They are both at Stanford, I think.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

This country is a sh*thole 😂

Oh no! I'm so sorry. 😥

Just now, James Regan said:

Dyson sucks...

The age old question

Which is better....Sucked or blown?

(edited)

1 hour ago, El Nikko said:

I have a plan

Fantastic reaction time, she closed the diverter in time, pity she had both overboard lines open, this is what happens when you get gas above the BOP in the riser......

This video should be used in Well control schools, most will get the idea of bubble point and leave with a good understanding of Boyles Law....

Edited by James Regan
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Dyson sucks...

But, but... I REALLY LOVE my V11!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Nikko said:

The age old question

Which is better....Sucked or blown?

Depends where you are hand cleansing blown but he was always know for sucking, now he blows as well, oh how the world has gone topsy-turvy 

Both groups are just plain ass holes as the same with the majority of media, to date the virus has killed less then annual influenza which the DO NOT TRACK TOTAL INFECTIONS, But report the annual number of dead! There a

• Like 2