1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

But for how long? Is this the new normal?

You guys really need to read this in its entirety to get your answers:

• Great Response! 2

9 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

You guys really need to read this in its entirety to get your answers:

Just read it and agree entirely!

• Haha 1

Tom, you  forget, all of these outfits have two outstanding role models to learn from.  British East India company and the US Marshall Plan.   In the later case, Robert Taft and  Congress dissolved the Truman Commission which had overseen and kept defense contractors honest (relatively during WWII).  since the Marshall plan required most all materials to be purchased in the United States    Local contractors and manufacturers who had survived the war had launder their goods through  a US front company.  or first sell to US Companies The less said about the East India Co. and the  unpleasant  Opium Wars the better. 

I was an attorney working for Amoco on the Foreign corrupt Practices act problems before I crossed someone who tried to make my life very difficult.  They didn't dare fire me since retaliation added 5 years to the federal sentencing guidelines.  I took the hint and left for greener pastures.  there is nothing new under the sun.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nsdp said:

The less said about the East India Co. and the  unpleasant  Opium Wars the better. 

1600AD - America was just a pipe dream at this time, not really a fair comparison, we could even add the slave trade to the USA for good measure. Thats was probably the UKs fault as well. Sorry we ruled the world for a while and made most of the economic supply chains and development of Indo/Asia along with the Dutch.

8 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Add Italy, Austria, and Switzerland. That is my definition of Western Europe. That includes all of the most popular countries that Americans visit. Eastern Europe is considered another area as is Greece, and usually the United Kingdom. 

Are you serious? 

“I wish other countries including you Yanks good luck. You aren't even nearly ready to open up in some areas but in very many places you are, and arguably have been for a while, so I hope it all goes well, as much as some people will be hoping for and expecting a morbid spectacle.”

Yeah, internationally people don’t seem to mind dead Americans. Yet do not feel that the US should retreat back into itself. Very odd....

• Upvote 3

(edited)

16 minutes ago, Ron Ron said:

Are you serious? 

I was stationed in Germany for 26 months. I have been to about all of the countries I mentioned. Please tell me what other countries you would consider Western Europe. There are many opinions. This is just mine. What difference does it make to you? I was mainly approximating the population of the United States for comparison of covid 19 mortality. 

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/travel-guide/top-10-most-visited-european-countries/

Edited by ronwagn
reference

5 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

I was stationed in Germany for 26 months. I have been to about all of the countries I mentioned. Please tell me what other countries you would consider Western Europe. There are many opinions. This is just mine. What difference does it make to you? I was mainly approximating the population of the United States for comparison of covid 19 mortality. 

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/travel-guide/top-10-most-visited-european-countries/

Keep in mind that many EU countries are only arguably European. They are considering Turkey for membership!

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 2

Just read it and agree entirely!

No other choice, Douglas!  You're getting used to taking orders down there, aren't you?  :)  But I get your point.  Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan Warnick said:

No other choice, Douglas!  You're getting used to taking orders down there, aren't you?  :)  But I get your point.  Cheers!

I just got a heads up from my Malaysian riding buddy. The are now releasing an app which you must use to get a code to be out on the road. At roadblocks and if you get pulled over you must show them the code on your phone. Your code is only good during certain hours and only three days a week.

Sounds like Germany in the early ‘40’s!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Keep in mind that many EU countries are only arguably European. They are considering Turkey for membership!

Technically it is in Europe until you cross the bridge, nothing changes its still a dung pit Istanbul that is, the rest of the country is amazing. We have enough muslims in the UK etc, its hard to tell the difference, a bit like New York.

I just got a heads up from my Malaysian riding buddy. The are now releasing an app which you must use to get a code to be out on the road. At roadblocks and if you get pulled over you must show them the code on your phone. Your code is only good during certain hours and only three days a week.

Ver ar yor Pepers, za SS has reason to believe Herr Buckland you are bald, go back to lockdown or its za cooler for you....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Technically it is in Europe until you cross the bridge, nothing changes its still a dung pit Istanbul that is, the rest of the country is amazing. We have enough muslims in the UK etc, its hard to tell the difference, a bit like New York.

Hmmm....why are us white people referred to as ‘caucasians’? Not a one of us looks like we came from the Caucasus!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Australia's coronavirus tracing app launches amid lingering privacy concerns

Australians can now download the government’s controversial coronavirus contact tracing app, Covidsafe, amid ongoing concerns about privacy of those using the app.

The app, based on source code from Singapore’s Tracetogether software, maintains a log of bluetooth connections a person’s phone makes with the phones of those they have come into contact with, making it easier for health authorities to trace potential Covid-19 carriers in the case of a positive diagnosis.

For the app to be successful, just under half the population would need to carry it on their phones.

From 6pm Sunday, users will be able to go to the Apple app store or Google Play store and install the app, and register their name, phone number, postcode, and age range.

Scott Morrison, after saying it was not his “preferred option”, confirmed downloading the app would not be mandatory, and instead has likened it to a civic duty, such as buying war bonds in the second world war. He also flagged it as a necessary step to relaxing restrictions.

The app will store 21 days of data of people you have come into contact with, and the data will be held on your phone in that time.

It is only uploaded to a government server, housed in Australia and run by Amazon, in the event that you test positive for coronavirus, and then consent for your log to be uploaded to the server.

Health officials in each state and territory will then be able to access the list of contacts to then call those people and inform them they need to isolate and get tested.  ...

======================================================

Coronavirus app: will Australians trust a government with a history of tech fails and data breaches?

The federal government is attempting to convince Australians it can be trusted to handle personal data collected by the coronavirus contact tracing app. But it’s an uphill battle due to a long history of secrecy and failures to live up to promises on security and privacy of Australians’ data.

Governments around the world are dealing with the same problem: everyone wants to be able to resume some level of normal life, but authorities will need to be able to quickly find and contain people who might have the virus and not yet know it.

Currently they do this by relying on human memory of who a person who tests positive has been around and where they have been – and cases can be easily missed.

But if everyone is running an app that records a list of everyone they’ve been in close contact with, the process would be much more simple, and faster.

There will be some people who want to help the effort and will use the government’s proposed coronavirus contact tracer app on that basis, along with those who adopt the view that they already give a lot of information out to other services, so what difference does it make?

================================================

TV invents a disease you think you have
So you buy our drugs and soon you depend on them
Pain is in your mind gotcha comin' back for more
Again and again and again and again, gonna rip you off
Rip you off

Doctor says you need surgery now
You're feelin' good 'til the side effects f*ck up something else
You're ensnared by the medicine man paying up the ass again and again, gonna rip you off

Trust your mechanic to mend your car
Bring it in to his garage
He tightens and loosens a few spare parts
One thing's fixed, another falls apart
And the rich eat you

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

The best film ever made IMO.

I could act in it Ive seen it so many times, who actually escaped - Actor(s) will do

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 05.57.18.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 05.59.03.png

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Hmmm....why are us white people referred to as ‘caucasians’? Not a one of us looks like we came from the Caucasus!!!

It helps if you examine the Etymology of the word "Caucasian"

Cau: Latin - neck red

Ca: Latin - face pale

Si: Spanish - yes gun / alcohol (depending on context)

An: Scottish - no kilt

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Its another American bastardisation im afraid pal, but I would prefer to go with you guys than the Anthropologists as we have options of Mongoloid, Negroid, Europoid etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

• Like 1

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

I knew it, we were in there some where, where's the FEBs part in this, they were to busy with the frogs wearing make up and wigs, pretending to be women we were real cross dressers and prood o et.....kin pansy perfumed soap dodgers....

When you wear a Kilt its unbelievable the amount of women you get attention from, apart from the obvious are ya wearing any drawers etc, but its a fanny magnet. 

Edited by James Regan
  • Haha 1

Just now, James Regan said:

I knew it, we were in there some where, where's the FEBs part in this, they were to busy with the frogs wearing make up and wigs, pretending to be women we were real cross dressers and prood o et.....kin pansy perfumed soap dodgers....

Appreciate if you could please translate that into plain English; I don't speak Kiltish.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Appreciate if you could please translate that into plain English; I don't speak Kiltish.

FEBs ?

1 minute ago, James Regan said:

FEBs ?

The heck is FEB?  More kilt speak, apparently.

• Great Response! 1

(edited)

18 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Translated loosely - I have realised it know how the Scottish had to be involved in this word and its origins, what part of this word did the (Fkn English Bastards) play any part in its development, they were too busy playing lady parlour games with the French, we Scots are the original cross dressers and proud of it, we were absolute in our decisions to wear a skirt type garment, we were sure of our sexuality and we didn't hide it behind wigs and make up and sweet smelling perfumes- "Bugger it Angus no time for fashion get Morags dress and lets gets to fighting....."

FEB is now a gregarious word used often when referring to southerners who have taken over Scotland, normally bank managers who come north to get away from the hum drum of English life, currently being overrun with muslims brothers and such folk, its too cold up north for most with a darker complexion, but have you ever heard a Glaswegian Indian talking its a sight to behold, rather strange but still very funny.

Nuff said

Edited by James Regan
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Ahhh....that explains it!

28 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Translated loosely - I have realised it know how the Scottish had to be involved in this word and its origins, what part of this word did the (Fkn English Bastards) play any part in its development, they were too busy playing lady parlour games with the French, we Scots are the original cross dressers and proud of it, we were absolute in our decisions to wear a skirt type garment, we were sure of our sexuality and we didn't hide it behind wigs and make up and sweet smelling perfumes- "Bugger it Angus no time for fashion get Morags dress and lets gets to fighting....."

FEB is now a gregarious word used often when referring to southerners who have taken over Scotland, normally bank managers who come north to get away from the hum drum of English life, currently being overrun with muslims brothers and such folk, its too cold up north for most with a darker complexion, but have you ever heard a Glaswegian Indian talking its a sight to behold, rather strange but still very funny.

Nuff said

He sounds just like you Jimmy!😭😂😅

(edited)

57 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Australia's coronavirus tracing app launches amid lingering privacy concerns

Australians can now download the government’s controversial coronavirus contact tracing app, Covidsafe, amid ongoing concerns about privacy of those using the app.

The app, based on source code from Singapore’s Tracetogether software, maintains a log of bluetooth connections a person’s phone makes with the phones of those they have come into contact with, making it easier for health authorities to trace potential Covid-19 carriers in the case of a positive diagnosis.

For the app to be successful, just under half the population would need to carry it on their phones.

From 6pm Sunday, users will be able to go to the Apple app store or Google Play store and install the app, and register their name, phone number, postcode, and age range.

Scott Morrison, after saying it was not his “preferred option”, confirmed downloading the app would not be mandatory, and instead has likened it to a civic duty, such as buying war bonds in the second world war. He also flagged it as a necessary step to relaxing restrictions.

The app will store 21 days of data of people you have come into contact with, and the data will be held on your phone in that time.

It is only uploaded to a government server, housed in Australia and run by Amazon, in the event that you test positive for coronavirus, and then consent for your log to be uploaded to the server.

Health officials in each state and territory will then be able to access the list of contacts to then call those people and inform them they need to isolate and get tested.  ...

======================================================

Coronavirus app: will Australians trust a government with a history of tech fails and data breaches?

The federal government is attempting to convince Australians it can be trusted to handle personal data collected by the coronavirus contact tracing app. But it’s an uphill battle due to a long history of secrecy and failures to live up to promises on security and privacy of Australians’ data.

Governments around the world are dealing with the same problem: everyone wants to be able to resume some level of normal life, but authorities will need to be able to quickly find and contain people who might have the virus and not yet know it.

Currently they do this by relying on human memory of who a person who tests positive has been around and where they have been – and cases can be easily missed.

But if everyone is running an app that records a list of everyone they’ve been in close contact with, the process would be much more simple, and faster.

There will be some people who want to help the effort and will use the government’s proposed coronavirus contact tracer app on that basis, along with those who adopt the view that they already give a lot of information out to other services, so what difference does it make?

================================================

TV invents a disease you think you have
So you buy our drugs and soon you depend on them
Pain is in your mind gotcha comin' back for more
Again and again and again and again, gonna rip you off
Rip you off

Doctor says you need surgery now
You're feelin' good 'til the side effects f*ck up something else
You're ensnared by the medicine man paying up the ass again and again, gonna rip you off

Trust your mechanic to mend your car
Bring it in to his garage
He tightens and loosens a few spare parts
One thing's fixed, another falls apart
And the rich eat you

I have no expectation of contact tracing doing anything favorable for anyone. It is a sheer waste of effort, which had a short window of opportunity to succeed, and did, in part. Now we know that it accomplishes nothing we need, it is just a tool to buy time till we know what we are doing, something that was obvious from the start.

But the "experts" at running mathematical models that assume we are a uniform gas and our collisions have a fixed probability of passing infection with a fixed mortality never had a large scale epidemic let alone a pandemic to calibrate their models, ran numbers on irrelevant data highly biased by test protocols and gave nonsense for advice while ignoring the virological and medical data and statistics of outcomes by age and condition. The result of following their instructions rather than common sense caused more damage than the virus, by orders of magnitude. The entire profession needs to be fired and go back to school to do actual research on actual disease with actual  measurements and data. Learn how to estimate R0 variations with population density and presence of differing transmission environments (subways, schools, events, spring break parties). Actually talk to virologists and infectious disease doctors, microbiologists and physiologists. 

But it is now clear that we DO NOT WANT to stop the virus. We WANT the YOUNG and HEALTHY to get it in order to create herd immunity now. The mortality and hospitalization rates for this group are well within that for the flu. We need only protect the elderly and the ill with lethal comorbidities. They need to stay away from gatherings and bad transmission conditions like unpartitioned office spaces and shared ventilation or crowded workspaces, public transport and events. Use masks and gloves, have verified sanitized conditions at the start of the retail day for them to come in. Everyone else can go about their business as usual with as much precautions as they may want to take.

The giveaway on privacy and the distraction of useless contact tracing data is all damage and no good. I don't need to be near you to get your cooties, I just need to pass in your path within a few hours of you being there. 

Edited by 0R0
  • Great Response! 1