Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jj

U.S. Charges, Sanctions Iranians For Global Cyber Attacks on behalf of Tehran. What about sanctions on Russia?

The United States on Friday announced criminal charges and sanctions against nine Iranians and an Iranian company for attempting to hack into hundreds of universities worldwide, dozens of companies and parts of the U.S. government, including its main energy regulator, on behalf of Tehran’s government. The cyber attacks, beginning in at least 2013, pilfered more than 31 terabytes of academic data and intellectual property from 144 U.S. universities and 176 universities in 21 other countries, the U.S. Department of Justice said, describing the conspiracy as one of the largest state-sponsored hacking sprees prosecuted. The U.S. Treasury Department said that it was placing sanctions on the nine accused individuals and the Mabna Institute, a company described by U.S. prosecutors as designed to help Iranian research organizations steal information. Russia?

• Like 1

I support this sanctions. But - Russian infiltration of US electric grid? Without sanctions?

If this is true (which I have no way of verifying) I think it is a good thing. I also wonder why Rosenstein has not charged Russia for any of its cyber attacks. 

John Bolton comes in. Now Iran is the new "boogeyman". Be prepared for yet another war, folks.

This lines up perfectly for the coming John Bolton in WH....In same day.

This has been building with Iran for awhile now. Of course, I think it's b.s. but it is what they want to justify starting a war with them. At least a proxy war.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Indeed, some of the decisions looks like a pretext for war