Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FM

Looks Unbelievable: Little Magnetic Robot Cleans The Outsides Of Giant Ships

Climb Rob 125 is a small robot with remote control. It has a magnetic wheels to stick to metal surfaces and two wires for safety. It can clean a 15 meters high tank for two hours. Angle and speed of the jet can be controlled. This little robot can reach 3000 Bar pressure 

image.png.94691ecf28df7e2ae44a420de82ad65d.pngimage.png.5a793e18abcd64c152aa9257ea31675d.pngimage.png.87e6eb2895ac6ab50427700f1d94ea47.png

Definitely, job for robots. No way humans can do this job better. 

Yep. Let me guess what's next? Little robot on sky tower...:)

image.png.b2305bd0ef7eed92edcc347e81dd694e.png image.png.151541146ca1a9b1d94501c007827194.png

Very soon we will see robots

instead of humans in this picture 

We shall become robots, too.

What could possibly go wrong? Maybe the wheels drift off the ship and fall into the water:) :)

image.png.9d471720b2c0f9115b45ce6595044958.png

• Like 1

Hmm not bad... this underwater welding stuff is quite dangerous I'd imagine.

47 minutes ago, Chris Leech said:

Interesting and we R robots!

One day,(I hope not so soon) around us will be world of terminators, dog robots, etc....Humans will be strangers on their land:)

Robots in the air, on the ground, and newest - in the water. Finding SoFi: scientists have created a robotic fish that logs marine life and measures pollution without disrupting natural environments...And, what if a bigger fish eats it? :)

(edited)

1 hour ago, pinto said:

One day,(I hope not so soon) around of us will be world of terminators, dog robots, etc....Humans will be stranger on their land:)

One day scientists and citizens of the world will realise there's no point in searching for intelligent life on other plants, we will become our own aliens sooner or later. Just matter of time & technology.

It's just we haven't got round to colonising other plants with all the varying micros, gravities, climates etc. that will impact on physical development in as yet unknown ways.  Well not that I've been informed.

Till then we must keep on with R & D of robots for potential defensive/protective needs from aforementioned aliens.  

Now wonder if my mate at Tesla would lend me that machine of his? Time conquers all   

Edited by Chris Leech
oops

another robot - another human jobless

Most of AI experts know more than they are doing. Many of them don’t like the idea of a machine smarter than humans. Generally, such thinking slows down  the development of AI in all fields. Technology = evolution, or evolution = technology...

• Like 1

I don't like an idea of a machine smarter than humans either.  Robot should serve us and not the other way.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CMOP said:

another robot - another human jobless

I done jobs that robots should do and really it's a waste of a human life.  Hopefully in the future, wealth will be better shared and people will do interesting things.

Let's not talk about turning back the clock! http://www.newlanark.org/learningzone/clitp-dangerinthemill.php

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sen said:

I done jobs that robots should do and really it's a waste of a human life.  Hopefully in the future, wealth will be better shared and people will do interesting things.

Let's not talk about turning back the clock! http://www.newlanark.org/learningzone/clitp-dangerinthemill.php

I know exactly what you're talking about. I've been there, too. And don't want to go back. There'll be always jobs for humans. Just we should keep great jobs for us and leave the boring, waste of time jobs for robots. 

• Like 1

Tokyo's Shin-tomi nursing home uses 20 different models of robots to care for its elderly residents. The Age of Robots. What are doing humans?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jpZelabal said:

Tokyo's Shin-tomi nursing home uses 20 different models of robots to care for its elderly residents. The Age of Robots. What are doing humans?

Ok. robots instead humans for cleaning outside, inside, (wherever) of ship..But robots instead humans for care about elderly people - no way. A robot can never replace human warmth.

Sorry but this is ridiculous. I'm glad to live in a country where I can grow old with respect and dignity. WITHOUT a robots help

The saddest picture I've seen in the last few months. How this robot can make her day beautiful? No way.

image.png.af5ab973ac771d92a0c9637ee07c8035.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pavel said:

The saddest picture I've seen in the last few months. How this robot can make her day beautiful? No way.

image.png.af5ab973ac771d92a0c9637ee07c8035.png

Jesus, this reminds me of the Baby Rhesus Monkeys feeding from Fake Surrogate Mothers made from Wire and Wood. As humans we need social interaction especially in times such as birth / death. So sad. :/

• Upvote 1