Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FM

Tic-Toc: Destiny of 300,000 Diesels VW Vehicles In U.S. Is Uncertain- Market or Withdrawal?

Volkswagen AG has paid more than $7.4 billion to buy back about 350,000 U.S. diesel vehicles through mid-February, a recent court filing shows.  Volkswagen has 37 secure storage facilities around the United States housing nearly 300,000 vehicles, the filing from the program’s independent administrator said. The lots include a shuttered suburban Detroit football stadium, a former Minnesota paper mill and a sun-bleached desert graveyard near Victorville, California. Acording to VW officials  these vehicles are being stored on an interim basis and routinely maintained in a manner to ensure their long-term operability and quality, so that they may be returned to commerce or exported once U.S. regulators approve appropriate emissions modifications...

As I know VW must buy back or fix 85 percent of the vehicles involved by June 2019 or face higher payments for emissions.  300,000 that's not being sold....talk about overstocking... No cheating.

• Like 1

So simple. VW should donate the unwanted diesels to charities offering ride-sharing services for the elderly and homeless. This will help repair their damaged brand. Note to VW, fix these and give them to families in need.

• Like 1

VW is one of the largest car maker in the world and I do not doubt it will do everything to stay in the U.S. market. These 300,000 for VW is like a water drop in ocean...

VW already pays the price of his cheating. In September last year,Colorado was awarded $68 million last after Volkswagen threatened the very air we breathe by trying to cheat U.S. emissions standards. And, State announced the would invest nearly three-quarters of that $68 million into building electric vehicle charging stations and encouraging transit agencies and school districts to convert their dirty diesel bus fleets to clean, electric-powered vehicles....Fair enough.

3 hours ago, Pavel said:

So simple. VW should donate the unwanted diesels to charities offering ride-sharing services for the elderly and homeless. This will help repair their damaged brand. Note to VW, fix these and give them to families in need.

Nope, VW will eventually resell to Countries with no emission standards.

image.png.2dcad488991a1905ed599b395a0a53df.png

Is the world still thinking that only Volkswagen cheated the emissions tests? If they’re flogging then I’d buy a few:)

They will be in Africa or Balkan soon. Very soonxD

VW diesel cars sit in a desert graveyard near Victorville, CA.

image.png.f53b0a4eb5f13d8608632905f5c09c3e.png  That’s mine right there column 9 row 25, the BLACK one:)

• Upvote 1

My father had 4 of these diesels over 40 years and over 800,000 miles. Never replaced am engine in all those years. One valve job on one Golf3. Two out of four were destroyed in not at fault accidents but live on as parts cars... They will not die but can be killed... Fix the exhaust flaws and they could live on for a decade at least.....

Potential destroying these and then building a load of new ones from scratch is definitely the right thing for the environment....

Should recycle them all if they are never going to be modified? Sell them cheap, I'll bye 1