Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PP

Big Breakthrough: Two Koreas On The Meeting - April 27

Kim Jong Un could become the first North Korean leader in history to enter South Korea (in just over four weeks) for a summit with President Moon Jae-in. The April 27 meeting on the southern side of the demilitarized zone will be the first between leaders of the two nations in 11 years. Leaders of the two nations -- which are still technically at war -- have only met twice since the peninsula was divided in 1948.  Kim got the ball rolling with a call for talks in a News Year’s Day speech, which led to his nation’s participation in the Pyeongchang Olympics and a series of meeting between the two Koreas. The Winter Olympics in S. Korea were more than sports. Step to a better world!

Entire Korean peninsula should be one and united.That would be a formidable force. And, now everything is clear: Mart China, April Korea, May meeting with Trump. Good news.

Well, this at least shows progress and hopefully they'll find common ground.  There is no benefits of a nuclear war or create any tension between two countries, which create slow down the growth. The development of science must be used in the prosperity and progress of human beings. 

Slowly. I'm not expecting the 2 Koreas to become a unified one nation but this is definitely a good start to be more comfortable with each other and put aside all past disagreements. A good for this year, good for whole  world.

It's terrible to watch all those poor North Koreans suffering from starvation under a brutal regime. Hopefully this will be a turning point. I just hope they come to some good terms. Anyway they have same cultural heritage just divided by political beliefs: hope they find their way in reuniting.

Actually, nothing will change. After March, April or May - it will work like it was....Yes, they can be friends now, but afterwards they'll fight again.... KJU is unpredictable.

I like to hear that negotiations are underway to pave the way to settlement of their differences. They can stand United and hopefully Japan would toe the line. I saw statement of Japan PM, looks like they honestly support all of this.  Remember that a lion would never attack a herd of cattle but would attack one which is strayed from the rest.  After so many years, they deserve chance for better future

29 minutes ago, jpZelabal said:

hope they find their way in reuniting.

The only reason NK isn't been removed from the map is because China supports them.. So when they come near the reunion how many are going to request asylum? :)

6 minutes ago, pinto said:

The only reason NK isn't been removed from the map is because China supports them.. So when they come near the reunion how many are going to request asylum? :)

Kim Jong Un  has "changed" diplomatic policy and it's better step toward solution for conflict with South Korea. Not only SK. And before we make any conclusion, let's the two countries promote peace.

As I said. Let's hope two nations will sign a peace treaty and end the Korean war.  And I'm so happy for the Korean People.