Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PP

U.S. Withdraw Troops From Syria?

U.S. President Donald Trump said that Washington may pull out of its involvement in Syria "very soon," in comments that seem to have caught the U.S. State Department off guard.  Contradicting Trump, the U.S. State Department said it was unaware of any plans to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria.The United States has around 2,000 military personnel in Syria, deployed as part of the U.S.-led coalition’s campaign against Islamic State. Is this just another decision of U.S. President made without consultation with anyone?

This will leave the place free for Iran and Russia, their stronger  influence and control of Syria. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing in that "government". One man show...

So strange. Don't forget the U.S. is leader of coalition was set up in 2014 to battle Islamic State fighters in both Syria and Iraq, who were largely defeated last year. Some 2,000 U.S. forces remain on the ground in Syria, allied to the Kurdish-led SDF alliance, which holds the largest swathe of territory still outside the control of the government.

5 minutes ago, damirUSBiH said:

So strange. Don't forget the U.S. is leader of coalition was set up in 2014 to battle Islamic State fighters in both Syria and Iraq, who were largely defeated last year. Some 2,000 U.S. forces remain on the ground in Syria, allied to the Kurdish-led SDF alliance, which holds the largest swathe of territory still outside the control of the government.

Not strange, I don't think. The disconnect between P. Trump and the State Department is strange. But we can't stay in Syria forever. Some day, Syria has to protect their own people. I'm not saying that that day is today. But we can't just hang there forever.

That will make Putin happy..no surprises there. U.S. troops have been in Afghanistan for 15 years and haven't done anything...

It will be a test for European powers collectively. Can they manage it without US? With Russia strong as now- very hard.

I'll believe it when I see it. No way the US is abandoning regional control, especially after the billions it and its allies have already invested in regime change and general chaos there. This Trump's statement is in contradiction what Emmanuel Macron said in Paris meeting with Kurd delegation. 

US still controls the largest border crossing on the Iraq/Syria and most of the oil, water, dams, and etc. And, leave it all of that after a statement that may be a bluff ... I don't believe

7 minutes ago, jpZelabal said:

I'll believe it when I see it. No way the US is abandoning regional control, especially after the billions it and its allies have already invested in regime change and general chaos there. This Trump's statement is in contradiction what Emmanuel Macron said in Paris meeting with Kurd delegation. 

Does anyone really care what France has to say?

2 hours ago, Missy said:

Does anyone really care what France has to say?

This is excellent news for Russia - their influence in Middle East is growing fast. China make its way to Africa. Soon nobody cares about Americans.

Or, Bolton needs troops in Iran or NK soon, would be my guess.

All part of the russian global strategy. They are now the dominant power, notwithstanding China. Mideast is their control, china has africa. US has very little and reducing in front of them. US will be very worried now and with Trump, he has no idea with chaos in government. Shambles it is, and affecting all of the west. Putin tells him what to do, we all know that. Good luck , keep your head down.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2018 at 11:24 AM, franco said:

too long and too boring. Sometimes it's better (and easier) to say your own attitude...

My own attitude is that the U.S. wasn't doing shit anyways. Get the f out of the way.