Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PP

No1: Germany's Unemployment Is At A Record Low And More Than A Million Jobs Are Open

After years of robust growth, unemployment has dropped to a record low of 5.4 percent, and the country has 1.2 million unfilled jobs—nearly equivalent to the population of Munich. Manufacturing, construction, and health care are particularly stretched, and 1 in 4 businesses may have to hold back production as a result of the labor crunch, the European Union reports. After the economy expanded by 2.2 percent in 2017, the highest rate in six years, the German central bank warned that a surge in retirees and slower migration will constrain the supply of labor. Chancellor Merkel led Germany to the top of the world.

No wonder. The German people are a hardworking nation. Although they have many migrants, the law is clear : whoever wants to work has all the conditions for it. Their biggest problem is right-wing parties. But, fortunately, their influence is still small. The German people are a hardworking nation.

Definitely, they know what they want.  According to the Institute for Employment Research, over three million workers in Germany are still pursuing a second job in addition to their main job. This has tripled the number of secondary jobbers within the last 20 years. 

Sometimes the numbers don't tell us anything. Germany has 7.3 million “mini-jobs”, jobs that pay €350 ($430) a month. Mini jobs have risen 30% since 2003. Hardly what you would call a tight labor market. Job openings exist because firms are unwilling to pay fair wages to make it worth people's time. 

What am I still doing in Macau?!

My next move....

image.png.3c87452f90f5f22bb35cc79909fce1a3.png     image.png.6f43bb03487bb8fdc302d19d03084db9.png

All current projections indicate a good growth for the medium term in the Eurozone. That's good news. In same time we have Brexit and guess? UK has lowest GDP performance in G7. No surprise. Goodbye UK.

What s beautiful problem! That's what happens in a conducive reliable environment with focused leadership at the helm. 

I wish my country is dealing with this kind of a problem.