Harsh vardhan singh

Why we ever think that oil industry is now nothing more than a setting of the sun?

A few days ago. I met a person, and he made a statement or it is good to say that he asks me a question that "Why you are riding into a sunset?? He means that "why am i choosing an oil industry which have no future?

He is telling me that oil industry is only till 2020 after that the graph of oil industry will going downwards..,

He is the official of very reputed company. So at that time i also shocked and don't have any answer of his question but one thing i assure him that he is not totally right...

And now what i think that it is wrong to say that oil industry is riding into sunset.

How anyone analyze the peak oil graph...we can not say that whether peak oil is occured last year, current year, next year or in coming years. Because demand and supply both are increasing...

We have many statement to cross his argument, without touching any facts and figure i will give him many reasons...

1. First of all it is wrong to say that oil industry is riding into sunset, Oil industry is now transformed and now it is more depends on technical things and after the discovery of unconventional oil we need to transform. Everything will change itself wether it is of any sector and its a need and demand of time. And oil industry is transformed and investing into renewables

2. We will seeing an increasing demand of energy day by day and we will now investing in renewables but if we see, it is wrongly to say that renewables will fullfill our demand. We still need conventional fuel...at least for next 15-20 years.

3. We are seeing many new well discoveries and increasing supply in the market. Thanks to the OPEC Cut deal otherwise we will see oil prices still at $30

4. The production of heavy oil from oil sands will become more environmentally friendly.

5. And now the industry is transformed and after the prices of oil swing wildly, the industry is now reducing their production cost and bringing more automation to oil fields and using data in smarter way.

6. And one of the biggest reason is that it is very difficult to use renewables at the place of oil. Of course these days we heard lots of talkings about EV's and renewable source of energy but still we need a oil to maintain all these.

Oil and gas are finite resource and with each increasing year they get more expensive. We will not seeing oil graph downwards, we accelerate the production of cars, boilers, furnaces, that need oil, coal, gas. At least untill we've any solution to capture renewables more or cutting down the cost of carbon.

So if we seeĀ  the growth of consumption, and there is many developing countries with increasing oil demand, it clears that oil and gas will remain very important at least for next 20-30 or more years.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Harsh vardhan singh said:

A few days ago. I met a person, and he made a statement or it is good to say that he asks me a question that "Why you are riding into a sunset?? He means that "why am i choosing an oil industry which have no future?

He is telling me that oil industry is only till 2020 after that the graph of oil industry will going downwards..,

He is the official of very reputed company. So at that time i also shocked and don't have any answer of his question but one thing i assure him that he is not totally right...

And now what i think that it is wrong to say that oil industry is riding into sunset.

How anyone analyze the peak oil graph...we can not say that whether peak oil is occured last year, current year, next year or in coming years. Because demand and supply both are increasing...

We have many statement to cross his argument, without touching any facts and figure i will give him many reasons...

1. First of all it is wrong to say that oil industry is riding into sunset, Oil industry is now transformed and now it is more depends on technical things and after the discovery of unconventional oil we need to transform. Everything will change itself wether it is of any sector and its a need and demand of time. And oil industry is transformed and investing into renewables

2. We will seeing an increasing demand of energy day by day and we will now investing in renewables but if we see, it is wrongly to say that renewables will fullfill our demand. We still need conventional fuel...at least for next 15-20 years.

3. We are seeing many new well discoveries and increasing supply in the market. Thanks to the OPEC Cut deal otherwise we will see oil prices still at $30

4. The production of heavy oil from oil sands will become more environmentally friendly.

5. And now the industry is transformed and after the prices of oil swing wildly, the industry is now reducing their production cost and bringing more automation to oil fields and using data in smarter way.

6. And one of the biggest reason is that it is very difficult to use renewables at the place of oil. Of course these days we heard lots of talkings about EV's and renewable source of energy but still we need a oil to maintain all these.

Oil and gas are finite resource and with each increasing year they get more expensive. We will not seeing oil graph downwards, we accelerate the production of cars, boilers, furnaces, that need oil, coal, gas. At least untill we've any solution to capture renewables more or cutting down the cost of carbon.

So if we seeĀ  the growth of consumption, and there is many developing countries with increasing oil demand, it clears that oil and gas will remain very important at least for next 20-30 or more years.

This is great! With evolving technologies it has brought the Oil Industry into a new era. The Oil Industry is diversifying into new technologies, new industries, and setting their eyes on other uses of oil. I'm still very optimistic about the Oil Industry as you mentioned for the next 20-30 or more years.Ā 

• Like 1

Calling oil's doom as early as 2020 is grossly unrealistic. That's not even two years away. While I believe that wise investors will need to choose their exit accordingly before the train to Doomsville leaves the station, it is nearly inconceivable that this will happen by 2020.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1