Tom Kirkman

Coronavirus hype biggest political hoax in history

18 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Better to read the full article in the link below, rather than just what I copied here.  A bit difficult to post all of the graphics and links and highlights here using the forum software.

Google App Censoring Covid-19 Courses

Google App Censoring Covid-19 Courses

Screen-Shot-2020-05-06-at-9_51.01-PM-1024x593.thumb.png.587b7062cefaae7a880a42e798341a7d.png

Screenshot from a Great Courses Daily tutorial on coronavirus Source)

MAY 6, 2020

ROD DREHER

I have taken and really benefited from the Great Courses series of recorded college lectures. The one on Dante is so great that I wish I could buy a copy for everybody I know.

Turns out that the Great Courses folks recorded some lectures from academic authorities offering takes on Covid-19.

A reader writes tonight:

A friend of mine took these screenshots. I have no idea the quality of the lectures on Great Courses, or if the info is legitimately misinformation, but it seems a bit dangerous for google to be able to censor apps that have info about COVID-19.

Here are the screenshots:

0.jpg.85836c113075443dfc2afc8b923d0679.jpg

0-1.jpg.5d597f0e9276d25165f3620e2e6caaa3.jpg

Here is a link to the Great Courses YouTube page.

Here is a link to TheGreatCoursesDaily.com.

Here is a link to Dr. David Kung’s app-banned clip on How Math Predicts the Coronavirus Curve.

Here is a link to Dr. Kevin Ahern’s app-banned clip titled Viral Intelligence: What Is Coronavirus?

Here is a link to Dr. Roy Benaroch’s app-banned clip titled Coronavirus Outbreak: What You Need To Know

What could these courses possibly say that offends Google? Maybe Google simply has a blanket policy of not allowing any non-official Covid-19 discussion on its platform. If that is the case, then the reader is right: it is really bad news that Google exercises its right to censor any non-government app featuring Covid-19 information — even from college professors.

Google is a private entity. It has the right to control what goes out on its app platform. Whether Google is morally correct to exercise that right to suppress any unofficial pandemic information is a different question — and a very important one. Google owns YouTube — how long will they allow these courses to remain on YouTube?

UPDATE: A reader writes:

Your website is one of the only ones I could find that has covered the banning of the Great Courses covid videos from Google. I wanted to add that this content was not only removed from the Android (Google version) of the app but also from the entire app itself, including the online version, and the Apple app version (I would presume). Definitely a ripple effect. What recourse the Great Courses has to fight back, I don’t know, but it will be interesting to see.

UPDATE.2: Reader Mario Diana comments:

I just got off the phone with one of the Great Courses Plus representatives, because the lectures cannot be played via their Apple TV app either. She told me that they had to remove it from their Google app, and so they have removed it, for now, from their other platforms, while they figure out if they can offer it on their other platforms (such as Apple TV), and that hopefully the lectures unavailability is just temporary. (I’m sorry if that leaves questions.)

The representative told me the lectures are available through their “Great Courses Daily” on the web.

I have a large library of their CD’s and DVD’s, as I’ve been their customer for years, and I just recently subscribed to their “Plus” service. This is really sad.

You can see the removed courses in the links I provide above. They are short — each only about 15 minutes.

I cannot understand why wealthy conservative Americans can't see the dire need to replace Facebook and Twitter with alternatives. Shadowbanning is so prevalent that it is hardly worthwhile for conservatives to continue using them. I have eleven thousand followers between them but barely any of my communications actually get out. Fortunately Gab gab.com provides a free speech forum and you mute whoever you do not want to see. The powers that be tried many times to knock Gab off of the internet, but new technology on the internet was used and Gab has been able to survive all the attacks. Gab runs on a shoestring because of one patriotic freedom loving person who founded, built it and protects it. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

My wife and I take vitamin D regularly. Anyone who does not get a lot of sun should take it IMO. We learned about it at a medical conference years ago. 

I'll buy Vitamin D ASAP that can only help! 

• Like 2

It has more scientific proof than most of the other supplements I take. I would suggest a multiple mineral supplement with zinc and copper also. At least take zinc if you do get a fever. I take a lot of supplements. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

I cannot understand why wealthy conservative Americans can't see the dire need to replace Facebook and Twitter with alternatives. Shadowbanning is so prevalent that it is hardly worthwhile for conservatives to continue using them. I have eleven thousand followers between them but barely any of my communications actually get out. Fortunately Gab gab.com provides a free speech forum and you mute whoever you do not want to see. The powers that be tried many times to knock Gab off of the internet, but new technology on the internet was used and Gab has been able to survive all the attacks. Gab runs on a shoestring because of one patriotic freedom loving person who founded, built it and protects it. 

The probably is the so called 'far right' are always the first to migrate there, the left and media start screaming blue murder about nazis and then no one else wants to be associated with a platform...just like Gab.

If there are any actual nazis about you could be forgiven for thinking they may be a creation or unknowing tool of the left for the above reason.

Ironically the 'far right' were happly living on Twitter for quite some time until they were all purged from there in 2016 and no one tried to shut down Twitter or facebook.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jim Profit said:

I'll buy Vitamin D ASAP that can only help! 

Or just go outside in the sun and your body will produce it.

Oh wait we're all locked in doors away from natural light :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

Or just go outside in the sun and your body will produce it.

Oh wait we're all locked in doors away from natural light :(

No we're not.  The sunshine is lovely here.  A bit hot, but lovely.  Just spoke to my brother on the phone.  He's in Illinois and he was getting ready to leave work (essential, don't you know) and go to a bar in support of a local bar owner who needs to get back to work (flat broke and going to lose the business otherwise).  He doesn't normally go to bars anymore, but he's getting on his motorcycle and will show up in support, AGAINST Gov. Pritzger's order that bars and restaurants remain closed until August(!!).  He said he heard about the bar owner's decision on Facebook and expects there to be many others already there by the time he gets there.  All in support of a man and his family.  I asked him if he saw the "shocked" Gov. Cuomo story and graph about new hospital admissions led by 66% of people who had been staying at home, and he said he and everyone else in town sure has.  It appears that the residents of Illinois will reopen the state well ahead of the Governor's orders.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I live in France. I'm confined since end of March. 

Allowed to go outside for some relevant motives, including "talk a walk ofr physical exercice", which is limited to one time per day one hour max. 

We have to fill a form, first it had to be in paper form then it became available electronically .. And carry some ID as we can be fined if we go out without the ID or the form. 

Mask is not mandatory, I wear it voluntarily.. 

I must confess that I don't feel totally comfortable with something looking very much like a restriction of freedom. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jim Profit said:

I live in France. I'm confined since end of March. 

Allowed to go outside for some relevant motives, including "talk a walk ofr physical exercice", which is limited to one time per day one hour max. 

We have to fill a form, first it had to be in paper form then it became available electronically .. And carry some ID as we can be fined if we go out without the ID or the form. 

Mask is not mandatory, I wear it voluntarily.. 

I must confess that I don't feel totally comfortable with something looking very much like a restriction of freedom. 

I already work from home and since Novemeber have hardly been away from my house, work, then the winter storms which made fishing pointless, then finally we lost all our work and I was ready to get out and enjoy some fishing and the backward idiots that populate this little island have shut all the carparks and are reporting each other to the police for going for a second walk.

I've almost lost the will to live after 6 months of being confined to the house

• Like 3

Welp, I'm on day 8 of fasting, out here in a rural area.   Been starting my mornings lifting weights for exercise, and then going on a long walk for 2 to 5 hours.  Oh, and it snowed here this afternoon.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2020/04/google-play-updates-and-information.html

image.png.71ab17e649fd8c1f8bff2cec4da59620.png

If Google publish applications that spread COVID-19 related disinformation I guess they could get in big trouble.

Isn't gab a safe haven for supremacists, neo-nazis ? The term "patriot" would be stained if used for these kind of people.
Here they're using russian sites when they are fed up with their antisemite diatribe or whatever being taken down from youtube;

9 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Welp, I'm on day 8 of fasting, out here in a rural area.   Been starting my mornings lifting weights for exercise, and then going on a long walk for 2 to 5 hours.  Oh, and it snowed here this afternoon.

Fasting ? Like not eating anything ?

1277215481_CDC1968pandemiccap.thumb.png.8ed273109d52a6c9b01c805a8b6eb7ab.png

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1968-pandemic.html

"The 1968 pandemic was caused by an influenza A (H3N2) virus comprised of two genes from an avian influenza A virus, including a new H3 hemagglutinin, but also contained the N2 neuraminidase from the 1957 H2N2 virus. It was first noted in the United States in September 1968. The estimated number of deaths was 1 million worldwide and about 100,000 in the United States. Most excess deaths were in people 65 years and older. The H3N2 virus continues to circulate worldwide as a seasonal influenza A virus. Seasonal H3N2 viruses, which are associated with severe illness in older people, undergo regular antigenic drift."

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Jim Profit said:

https://www.instagram.com/rxforliberty/?igshid=hejv6i26h1ax

Dr. Jeff Barke, MD
Concierge Primary Care Physician in Orange County, CA

I guess he's not on the pandemic frontline..

What does primary translate to in French? Because in English it's very close to "frontline". 

Just because Orange County hasn't managed to kill off as many as NYC has, don't blame their "front line" doctors. Perhaps congratulations are in order instead? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

1277215481_CDC1968pandemiccap.thumb.png.8ed273109d52a6c9b01c805a8b6eb7ab.png

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1968-pandemic.html

"The 1968 pandemic was caused by an influenza A (H3N2) virus comprised of two genes from an avian influenza A virus, including a new H3 hemagglutinin, but also contained the N2 neuraminidase from the 1957 H2N2 virus. It was first noted in the United States in September 1968. The estimated number of deaths was 1 million worldwide and about 100,000 in the United States. Most excess deaths were in people 65 years and older. The H3N2 virus continues to circulate worldwide as a seasonal influenza A virus. Seasonal H3N2 viruses, which are associated with severe illness in older people, undergo regular antigenic drift."

Antigenic drift versus antigenic Shift

F01CA1AE-2124-40A7-987D-1647E8AFB4F2.jpeg

• Like 1

Without a doubt, the novel coronavirus underwent an antigen shift. The fiction that it happened in a wet market and not in the lab 250 meters away is just that, fiction. It was bio engineered, whether by CRISP-R or selective breeding is irrelevant at this point. It's a Frankenvirus. 

• Like 3

Millions predicted to develop tuberculosis as result of Covid-19 lockdown

With attention focused on coronavirus, undiagnosed and untreated TB cases will cause 1.4 million to die, research suggests

The head of a global partnership to end tuberculosis (TB) said she is “sickened” by research that revealed millions more people are expected to contract the disease as a result of Covid-19 restrictions.

Up to 6.3 million more people are predicted to develop TB between now and 2025 and 1.4 million more people are expected to die as cases go undiagnosed and untreated during lockdown. This will set back global efforts to end TB by five to eight years.

“The fact that we’ve rolled back to 2013 figures and we have so many people dying, this for me is sickening,” said Lucica Ditiu, executive director of the Stop TB Partnership. “I am outraged that just by not being able to control what we do … and forgetting about programmes that exist we lose so much, starting with the loss of the lives of people.”

There is currently no TB vaccine for adults, only one for children.

We look in amazement on a disease that … is 120 days old and it has 100 vaccine candidates in the pipeline

Lucica Ditiu, Stop TB Partnership

“I have to say we look from the TB community in a sort of puzzled way because TB has been around for thousands of years,” Ditiu said. “For 100 years we have had a vaccine and we have two or three potential vaccines in the pipeline. We need around half a billion [people] to get the vaccine by 2027 and we look in amazement on a disease that … is 120 days old and it has 100 vaccine candidates in the pipeline. So I think this world, sorry for my French, is really fucked up,” she said.

“The fear we have in the community is that researchers are heading towards just developing a vaccine for Covid. That’s on the agenda of everyone now and very few remain focused on the others [diseases]. We don’t have a vaccine for TB, we don’t have a vaccine for HIV, we don’t have a vaccine for malaria and out of all this, TB is the oldest. So why this reaction? I think because we are a world of idiots. What can I say?”

The figures, published on Wednesday, are based on a three-month lockdown and a 10-month period of restoring services after lockdown is lifted.

The research was commissioned by the Stop TB Partnership in collaboration with Imperial College London, Avenir Health and Johns Hopkins University. It was modelled on data drawn from rapid assessments of the impact of the coronavirus on TB services in countries with some of the highest number of cases.

TB kills 1.5 million people a year, more than any other infectious disease.

The past few years have seen a steady decline in cases as a result of more services to treat the disease and prevent its spread.

Five years ago, world leaders pledged to end the TB epidemic by 2030. At a high-level meeting in 2018, they promised to scale up their response, including doubling funding by 2022.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/may/06/millions-develop-tuberculosis-tb-covid-19-lockdown

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

50 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

What does primary translate to in French? Because in English it's very close to "frontline". 

Just because Orange County hasn't managed to kill off as many as NYC has, don't blame their "front line" doctors. Perhaps congratulations are in order instead? 

There no such thing as a concierge physician there.
While he's not in the ICUs he can be confronted to the virus.
I think I was unfair. I retract.

Edited by Jim Profit
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

20 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Without a doubt, the novel coronavirus underwent an antigen shift. The fiction that it happened in a wet market and not in the lab 250 meters away is just that, fiction. It was bio engineered, whether by CRISP-R or selective breeding is irrelevant at this point. It's a Frankenvirus. 

Sorry, I don't buy your dubious theory, I prefer to stick to real science.

You may know there is a consensus that this is a virus with natural origins;;

https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-what-scientists-think-of-the-coronavirus-was-made-in-a-lab-rumour
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9
https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2020/03/26/genomic-research-points-to-natural-origin-of-covid-19/

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/us-military-chief-covid-19-natural-and-not-man-made/1830458
https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/coronavirus-not-man-made-us-intelligence-concludes

Unless all these people are part of the conspiracy ?

Jeez these rumors, they are like zombies, they'll never die...

Edited by Jim Profit
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

I hope the US doesn't ever end up in the same sorry state as the UK.

Dispersing a social distancing VE street party

• Like 2

Bill introduced in U.S. House of Reps, asking for $100 Billion to do contract tracing. 

Basically abolishing the U.S. 4th Amendment.

==============================================

https://congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/6666/text

2096136122_HR6666cap.thumb.png.5fb6043c5c87011f4e15c2870eba6cef.png

Introduced in House (05/01/2020)

116th CONGRESS
2d Session
H. R. 6666

A BILL
To authorize the Secretary of Health and Human Services to award grants to eligible entities to conduct diagnostic testing for COVID–19, and related activities such as contact tracing, through mobile health units and, as necessary, at individuals’ residences, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the “COVID–19 Testing, Reaching, And Contacting Everyone (TRACE) Act”.

SEC. 2. COVID–19 TESTING AND CONTACT TRACING USING MOBILE HEALTH UNITS.

(a) In General.—The Secretary of Health and Human Services, acting through the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, may award grants to eligible entities to conduct diagnostic testing for COVID–19, to trace and monitor the contacts of infected individuals, and to support the quarantine of such contacts, through—

(1) mobile health units; and

(2) as necessary, testing individuals and providing individuals with services related to testing and quarantine at their residences.

(b) Permissible Uses Of Funds.—A grant recipient under this section may use the grant funds, in support of the activities described in subsection (a)—

(1) to hire, train, compensate, and pay the expenses of individuals; and

(2) to purchase personal protective equipment and other supplies.

(c) Priority.—In selecting grant recipients under this section, the Secretary shall give priority to—

(1) applicants proposing to conduct activities funded under this section in hot spots and medically underserved communities; and

(2) applicants that agree, in hiring individuals to carry out activities funded under this section, to hire residents of the area or community where the activities will primarily occur, with higher priority among applicants described in this paragraph given based on the percentage of individuals to be hired from such area or community.

(d) Distribution.—In selecting grant recipients under this section, the Secretary shall ensure that grants are distributed across urban and rural areas.

(e) Federal Privacy Requirements.—Nothing in this section shall be construed to supersede any Federal privacy or confidentiality requirement, including the regulations promulgated under section 264(c) of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (Public Law 104–191; 110 Stat. 2033) and section 543 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 290dd–2).

(f) Definitions.—In this section:

(1) The term “eligible entity” means—

(A) a Federally qualified health center (as defined in section 1861(aa) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1395x(aa)));

(B) a school-based health clinic;

(C) a disproportionate share hospital (as defined under the applicable State plan under title XIX of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1396 et seq.) pursuant to section 1923(a)(1)(A) of such Act (42 U.S.C. 1396r–4));

(D) an academic medical center;

(E) a nonprofit organization (including any such faith-based organization);

(F) an institution of higher education (as defined in section 101 of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 1001));

(G) a high school (as defined in section 8101 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 7801)); or

(H) any other type of entity that is determined by the Secretary to be an eligible entity for purposes of this section.

(2) The term “emergency period” has the meaning given to that term in section 1135(g)(1)(B) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1320b–5(g)(1)(B)).

(3) The term “hot spot” means a geographic area where the rate of infection with the virus that causes COVID–19 exceeds the national average.

(4) The term “medically underserved community” has the meaning given to that term in section 799B of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 295p).

(5) The term “Secretary” means the Secretary of Health and Human Services.

(g) Authorization Of Appropriations.—To carry out this section, there are authorized to be appropriated—

(1) $100,000,000,000 for fiscal year 2020; and

(2) such sums as may be necessary for each of fiscal year 2021 and any subsequent fiscal year during which the emergency period continues.

============================================

PDF of H.R. 6666 attached:

BILLS-116hr6666ih.pdf

• Like 3

State officials looking at house arrest monitoring devices to enforce quarantines on COVID-19 carriers

monitor.thumb.png.fe1b7b8e404fe586799f04156708e0ad.png

Some state officials are looking at the possibility of using house arrest monitoring devices — such as ankle bracelets or location-tracking apps — to enforce quarantines on those infected with COVID-19, Reuters reported.

What are the details?
The outlet said the technology has been deployed in isolated circumstances over the last several weeks but that widespread use is on hold due to legal issues — specifically whether or not officials can electronically track those who haven't broken the law.

Hawaii considered sweeping use of GPS-enabled ankle bracelets or smartphone tracking apps to enforce stay-at-home orders for those arriving on the islands by plane, Reuters said, citing Ronald Kouchi, president of the Hawaii state Senate.

Kouchi told the outlet officials were concerned many travelers were disobeying the state's 14-day quarantine order but that the idea of widespread use of tracking devices was tabled when Hawaii attorney general's office raised concerns.

"America is America," Kouchi told Reuters. "There are certain rights and freedoms."  ...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

State officials looking at house arrest monitoring devices to enforce quarantines on COVID-19 carriers

Some state officials are looking at the possibility of using house arrest monitoring devices — such as ankle bracelets or location-tracking apps — to enforce quarantines on those infected with COVID-19, Reuters reported.

What are the details?
The outlet said the technology has been deployed in isolated circumstances over the last several weeks but that widespread use is on hold due to legal issues — specifically whether or not officials can electronically track those who haven't broken the law.

Hawaii considered sweeping use of GPS-enabled ankle bracelets or smartphone tracking apps to enforce stay-at-home orders for those arriving on the islands by plane, Reuters said, citing Ronald Kouchi, president of the Hawaii state Senate.

Kouchi told the outlet officials were concerned many travelers were disobeying the state's 14-day quarantine order but that the idea of widespread use of tracking devices was tabled when Hawaii attorney general's office raised concerns.

"America is America," Kouchi told Reuters. "There are certain rights and freedoms."  ...

It's quite worrying how all governments are talking about these 'tracing apps'.

While we don't have the same (or any?) rights here one thing going for us is the shear incompetence of most state institutions.

If there is any talk of it being mandatory I'll switch back to an old non smart Nokia type phone, our government is creepy enough as it is.

• Like 5