Tom Kirkman

Coronavirus hype biggest political hoax in history

5 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Bill introduced in U.S. House of Reps, asking for $100 Billion to do contract tracing. 

Basically abolishing the U.S. 4th Amendment.

==============================================

https://congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/6666/text

If they come to take my 13 year old son, they had better wear pads and helmets, because his mother and I will be swinging.  Seriously, though, Republicans had better at least get that portion of the Bill taken out, or President Trump should, IMHO, veto it when it hits his desk (likely, so that the Senate Republicans won't have to take responsibility, as usual).  

• Upvote 1

https://www.facebook.com/inthenow/videos/240339903986417/?t=6

NURSE: 'COVID PATIENTS ARE BEING MURDERED'

"Like literally, black lives don't matter here"

Here is partly why NY have a high number of deaths, in a blue state hospital. Depends on you believe her or not, off course.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 11:44 AM, 0R0 said:

We are angry most of all about China sending thousands of flyers out of Wuhan into the world during the peak of the pandemic while cutting off the city and its province and blocking its flyers within China. An obvious policy choice to spread the virus around the world. The complaints about restriction of outgoing flights from China and the minimization of the contagion and potential seriousness of the disease add to it. The complicity of the WHO in this makes it into a laughing stock around the world, and nobody will ever again take WHO statements seriously. 

In the category of China winning friends and influencing people, we have

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/03/world/europe/backlash-china-coronavirus.html?referringSource=articleShare

Seems like China is setting itself up to have 200 doors slammed in its face. 

CCP members and companies that have CCP members on their boards and management are in danger of losing all their foreign assets to law suits brought by governments and individuals against it over CV19. 

You owe your countrymen a favor of flinging a CCP member off the nearest window. 

You are very adept at twisting facts.  

• Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

Meet the robot dog promoting social distancing in Singapore's park. 

22 minutes ago, Radha said:

More evidence that lock downs don't work and that people with normally functioning immune systems don't have much to worry about

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/majority-of-new-covid-19-hospitalizations-in-new-york-are-people-who-stayed-at-home-2020-05-06?mod=mw_more_headlines

"Lock downs" ? is English your primary language ?

I think there could be an intermediary explanation between the anti-science conspirationism and the optimistic one.

The current pandemic is entirely natural. It was bound to happen.
Some government either saw this as an opportunity to test how much they can restrict freedom of their population, they may have been preparing for it (because it was expectable). For that purpose they may be exaggerrating the dangerosity of this virus.

I totally expect politicians exaggerating or understating the dangerosity of the virus, according to what suits their agenda the best..

• Like 1

Medical Staffing Companies Owned by Rich Investors Cut Doctor Pay and Now Want Bailout Money

ProPublica is a nonprofit newsroom that investigates abuses of power. Sign up to receive our biggest stories as soon as they’re published.

Medical staffing companies — some of which are owned by some of the country’s richest investors and have been cutting pay for doctors on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic — are seeking government bailout money.

Private equity firms have increasingly bought up doctors’ practices that contract with hospitals to staff emergency rooms and other departments. These staffing companies say the coronavirus pandemic is, counterintuitively, bad for business because most everyone who isn’t critically ill with COVID-19 is avoiding the ER. The companies have responded with pay cuts, reduced hours and furloughs for doctors.

Emergency room visits across the country have fallen roughly 30%, and the patients who are coming tend to be sicker and costlier to treat, the American College of Emergency Physicians said in an April 3 letter to Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar. The professional group asked the Trump administration to provide $3.6 billion of aid to emergency physician practices.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Jim Profit said:

I'll buy Vitamin D ASAP that can only help! 

These COVID patients are mainly obese and without much more in the way of health problems.

Fat tissue is clearly playing a role among those who are infected who need the ICU. 

https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/08/icu-doctor-what-i-wish-people-knew-about-coronavirus/

"Obese individuals need to be mindful they are likely to be vitamin D deficient,"

https://www.livescience.com/26961-obesity-causes-vitamin-d-deficiency.html

And finally, look up the data on general Vitamin D status in Vietnam. They are off the charts high (I don't know why). And check out Vietnamese COVID deaths - from a country that shares a large northern land border with China. The only country I can find that shows higher Vitamin D status than Vietnam is Tanzania. Of course, one would expect local variations across all countries. The ultimate low-status Vitamin D people, worldwide, are elderly long-term care patients.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

Medical Staffing Companies Owned by Rich Investors Cut Doctor Pay and Now Want Bailout Money

ProPublica is a nonprofit newsroom that investigates abuses of power. Sign up to receive our biggest stories as soon as they’re published.

Medical staffing companies — some of which are owned by some of the country’s richest investors and have been cutting pay for doctors on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic — are seeking government bailout money.

Private equity firms have increasingly bought up doctors’ practices that contract with hospitals to staff emergency rooms and other departments. These staffing companies say the coronavirus pandemic is, counterintuitively, bad for business because most everyone who isn’t critically ill with COVID-19 is avoiding the ER. The companies have responded with pay cuts, reduced hours and furloughs for doctors.

Emergency room visits across the country have fallen roughly 30%, and the patients who are coming tend to be sicker and costlier to treat, the American College of Emergency Physicians said in an April 3 letter to Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar. The professional group asked the Trump administration to provide $3.6 billion of aid to emergency physician practices.

Our hospitals are also empty and covid patients only occupy around 25-27% of all ICU beds. Last I checked ICU bed usage was down about 40% compared to last year. Makes you wonder where all those critially ill people are that should normally be filling them! I have a horrible feeling people who really should be in hospital right now are at home suffering.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jim Profit said:

I think there could be an intermediary explanation between the anti-science conspirationism and the optimistic one.

The current pandemic is entirely natural. It was bound to happen.
Some government either saw this as an opportunity to test how much they can restrict freedom of their population, they may have been preparing for it (because it was expectable). For that purpose they may be exaggerrating the dangerosity of this virus.

I totally expect politicians exaggerating or understating the dangerosity of the virus, according to what suits their agenda the best..

and that is what is worrying a lot of people including me

• Like 1

(edited)

26 minutes ago, TooSteep said:

These COVID patients are mainly obese and without much more in the way of health problems.

Fat tissue is clearly playing a role among those who are infected who need the ICU. 

https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/08/icu-doctor-what-i-wish-people-knew-about-coronavirus/

"Obese individuals need to be mindful they are likely to be vitamin D deficient,"

https://www.livescience.com/26961-obesity-causes-vitamin-d-deficiency.html

And finally, look up the data on general Vitamin D status in Vietnam. They are off the charts high (I don't know why). And check out Vietnamese COVID deaths - from a country that shares a large northern land border with China. The only country I can find that shows higher Vitamin D status than Vietnam is Tanzania. Of course, one would expect local variations across all countries. The ultimate low-status Vitamin D people, worldwide, are elderly long-term care patients.

I think because of the Vietnamese ride scooters to work and lots of sunshine (near the equator). My wife  moved to Minnesota in 2008 at got high vitamin D deficient. The summer could boost everyone with vitamin D against covid19 but if it is true, then it may come back this fall/winter.

It may explain why Australia and NZ don't have much Covid19 deaths until now, as it was in the summer/autumn. But it is getting closer to winter now so that may be why Brazil covid19 deaths start increasing.

Edited by SUZNV
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Jim Profit said:

You say "science" and there's only one scientific paper in the bunch, which I've previously rebutted. Perhaps you missed it? 

The Nature reference is the only science paper and how do they reach their conclusions? They claim elements of the "design" are sub optimal according to computer modeling. Somehow by implication, human engineering would have created a vastly more effective contagion mechanism. They also claimed it could have been more lethal and is not so in their opinion it isn't a bio weapon. But when did the goalposts change from this was created in a lab to this is a bio weapon? There are other papers that speak to the laboratory origin of this virus. Including papers from 2015 written by the lab itself bragging about their synthetic virus. But yeah, conspiracy. 

There's a conspiracy of morons here, guess which side you're on? 

Your other links are opinion and not science. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Jim Profit said:

Yet, there is still an unanswered 800 lb gorilla question in the room, for those in the 'natural virus' camp:

Where are the bats?

Why has nobody produced the species of bat that carries this virus? When MERS emerged, you could go straight to the camel and extract the virus, which of course the scientists did. If SARS-CoV-2 came from either the wet market or a simple lab study bat, wouldn't the first order of business be identifying the culprit bat?

For example Myotis daubentonii (Daubenton's bat) and Rhinolophus sinicus (Chinese horseshoe bat) are two commonly studied bats whose ACE2 receptors support viral entry via the spike protein of specific corona-virus's. 

I'm personally on the fence about this, but significant skepticism IS warranted.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

...But when did the goalposts change from this was created in a lab to this is a bio weapon? There are other papers that speak to the laboratory origin of this virus. Including papers from 2015 written by the lab itself bragging about their synthetic virus...

"On the basis of these findings, we synthetically re-derived an infectious full-length SHC014 recombinant virus and demonstrate robust viral replication both in vitro and in vivo."

"SARS-like viruses replicate in human airway cells and produce in vivo pathogenesis."

"Evaluation of available SARS-based immune-therapeutic and prophylactic modalities revealed poor efficacy; both monoclonal antibody and vaccine approaches failed to neutralize and protect from infection with CoVs using the novel spike protein."

The SARS-like virus was the basis, with the key S-protein replaced by the one know to infect humans.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.3985

Concensus you say? The Nobel Laureate who identified HIV thinks SARS-CoV-2 was an attempt at an HIV vaccine:

https://www.gilmorehealth.com/chinese-coronavirus-is-a-man-made-virus-according-to-luc-montagnier-the-man-who-discovered-hiv/

Made in a lab does not mean sinister intentions at the outset!!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It is so sad listening to all those who choose to believe that Covid-19 is a hoax and that we should ignore what has been working in every other country that has brought it under control.  On the one hand, we have South Korea, New Zealand, Australia, Germany, UAE, Iceland, and even China, all of whom identified and isolated those infected early with high number of tests and contact tracing relative to both the number of infections and per capita.  On the other hand, we have the US, Britain, and Brazil all of whom chose initially to down play the seriousness of the virus, let it become widespread, failed to test early and often, failed to contact trace, and unnecessarily experienced a great deal more suffering and death, and the decimation of their economies.  Even more unfortunate is the fact that things can get even much worse if we let up taking the relatively weak steps we are presently taking in light of the widespread serious threat we are facing in this country.   

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2020 at 12:48 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

Excellent overview.

Coronavirus hype biggest political hoax in history

ANALYSIS / OPINION:

The new coronavirus is real.

The response to the coronavirus is hyped.  And in time, this hype will be revealed as politically hoaxed.

In fact, COVID-19 will go down as one of the political world’s biggest, most shamefully overblown, overhyped, overly and irrationally inflated and outright deceptively flawed responses to a health matter in American history, one that was carried largely on the lips of medical professionals who have no business running a national economy or government.

The facts are this: COVID-19 is a real disease that sickens some, proves fatal to others, mostly the elderly — and does nothing to the vast majority.

That’s it.

That, in a nutshell, is it.

Or, in the words of Dan Erickson and Artin Massih, doctors and co-owners of Accelerated Urgent Care in Bakersfield, California: Let’s get the country reopened - and now.

“Do we need to still shelter in place?  Our answer is emphatically no.  Do we need businesses to be shut down?  Emphatically no. …  [T]he data is showing it’s time to lift,” Erickson said, in a recent interview.

He’s right.  They’re right.

The data to keep America closed and Americans closed in simply doesn’t exist.

If truth be told, it’s questionable it ever did.

The scientists leading the coronavirus shutdown charge predicted in March that in America, between 100,000 and 250,000 would die.  They based those estimates on computer modeling.

But at the same time they were basing those estimates on computer modeling, they were acknowledging that computer modeling is inaccurate and errs on the side of hype.

“I’ve never seen a model of the diseases I’ve dealt with where the worst-case actually came out,” said Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a member of President Donald Trump’s White House coronavirus task force, during a CNN interview in March.  “They always overshoot.”

Catch that?  Fauci’s message: Computer models are flawed and inaccurate and always overestimate the problem.

But from these faulty overinflated computer figures came all the constitutionally questionable actions by government anyway - from ordering businesses closed to quarantining-slash-house arresting American citizens to doing some quick and pitiful and economically painful income redistribution schemes via stimulus funds’ legislation.

Since, about 56,000 have died in America due to coronavirus — or have they?  Again, the facts are flimsy.

Government ordered hospitals weeks ago to stop performing elective surgeries to make way for the projected numbers of coronavirus patients.  So they did.  And in so doing, they cut off their revenue streams.  So Congress passed legislation giving hospitals billions of dollars to treat coronavirus patients.  Conflict of interest?  Yikes.  Yes.

The coronavirus counts, already flawed from computer modeling, were then given another flaw treatment.

“[Pennsylvania] removes more than 200 deaths from official coronavirus count as questions mount about reporting process, data accuracy,” The Inquirer reported.

Add to that the ever-changing nature of a virus that spreads by air and contact, and honestly, suddenly, even expert Fauci’s best guess is about as good as Joe Neighbor’s best guess.  So that leaves common sense, combined with knowledge of past viruses, to guide.

But the quote-unquote medical experts refused to go there, refused to acknowledge common sense, refused to compare with past viruses in any way that didn’t hype the coronavirus counts.

This virus was different, Americans were told.  This virus was far more contagious than anything ever before seen or studied, Americans were told.  And any time the case counts dropped off and the numbers proved wrong, well, this was due to the social distancing and quarantining and face-mask wearing that Americans had been doing, by government’s order - Americans were told.

It just didn’t make sense.

It just doesn’t add up.

It just didn’t, and doesn’t, justify the utter shredding of civil rights.

And now some in the medical community, thank goodness, are starting to point out the glaring omissions of logic and fact that have plagued this overhyped, overreaching coronavirus crackdown that has stretched on far, far too long.

Among some of Erickson’s remarks: “This is immunology — microbiology 101.  This is the basis of what we’ve known for years: When you take human beings and you say, ‘Go into your house, clean all your counters, Lysol them down’ … what does it do to our immune system? … Sheltering in place decreases your immune system.”

And this: “Any time you have something new in the [medical] community, it sparks fear — and I would have done what Dr. Fauci did … initially. … But you know, looking at theories and models — which is what these folks use — is very different than the way the actual virus presents itself throughout communities.”

And this: “Do you think you’re protected from COVID when you wear gloves that transfer disease everywhere? … We wear masks in an acute setting to protect us.  [But] we’re not wearing masks.  Why is that?  Because we understand microbiology.  We understand immunology.  And we want strong immune systems.  I don’t want to hide in my home, develop a weak immune system and then come out and get disease.”

And this: “When I’m writing up my death report I’m being pressured to add COVID.  Why is that?  Why are we being pressured to add COVID?  To maybe increase the numbers, and make it look a little bit worse than it is.  We’re being pressured in-house to add COVID to the diagnostic list when we think it has nothing to do with the actual cause of death.  The actual cause of death was not COVID, but it’s being reported as one of the diseases processes. … COVID didn’t kill them, 25 years of tobacco use killed.”

Does it get any clearer than that?

Seriously, America.  The only reason America is still in shutdown mode is political.

Either politicians are too afraid to make any move that might come back to bite them politically or politicians are using this coronavirus to political advantage — to, say, pass gun control laws, like Virginia’s governor, Ralph Northam.  Or to, say, float campaign hopes on the current ravaged economy, like former Vice President Joe Biden and oh, all the Democrats facing races.

But for the rest of America - the rest of hardworking, freedom-loving America - it’s time to reel in the radically unconstitutional.

“If you’re going to dance on someone’s constitutional rights, you better have a good reason - you better have a really good reason, not just a theory,” Erickson said.  “The data is showing us it’s time to lift … so if we don’t lift, what is the reason?”

That is the key question.

As time goes by, the answer will only become more and more evident.  The coronavirus may be real — but the hype is hoaxed.  Now let’s just hope this is a one-time hoax that doesn’t roll around every time flu season approaches.

(edited)

21 minutes ago, WaytoPeace said:

It is so sad listening to all those who choose to believe that Covid-19 is a hoax and that we should ignore what has been working in every other country that has brought it under control.  On the one hand, we have South Korea, New Zealand, Australia, Germany, UAE, Iceland, and even China, all of whom identified and isolated those infected early with high number of tests and contact tracing relative to both the number of infections and per capita.  On the other hand, we have the US, Britain, and Brazil all of whom chose initially to down play the seriousness of the virus, let it become widespread, failed to test early and often, failed to contact trace, and unnecessarily experienced a great deal more suffering and death, and the decimation of their economies.  Even more unfortunate is the fact that things can get even much worse if we let up taking the relatively weak steps we are presently taking in light of the widespread serious threat we are facing in this country.   

WOW! you totally missed the thread topic. Go back and read again

Edited by El Gato
bad grammar
  • Like 4
  • Great Response! 1

(edited)

4 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

You say "science" and there's only one scientific paper in the bunch, which I've previously rebutted. Perhaps you missed it? 

The Nature reference is the only science paper and how do they reach their conclusions?[...]

Your other links are opinion and not science. 

Should I link every scientific paper supporting the that fact that the virus has natural origins ?
I'm not here to hold your hand. This articles captures the current scientifical consensus...
https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-what-scientists-think-of-the-coronavirus-was-made-in-a-lab-rumour

Where are the scientific papers supporting your conspiracy theory ? 
The pot calling the kettle black ?

And the "opinions" article where official statement from US Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Mark Milley,
the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and Francis Collins, NIH director...

Edited by Jim Profit

4 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Including papers from 2015 written by the lab itself bragging about their synthetic virus. But yeah, conspiracy. 

They engineered a chimera virus in 2015, that does not imply that SARS-COV2 is human enginereed neither that it was mad at this lab..

Unless you replace rationality by conspirationist logic..

See other posts for "circular reasoning" and "begging the question"

1 hour ago, TooSteep said:

Concensus you say? The Nobel Laureate who identified HIV thinks SARS-CoV-2 was an attempt at an HIV vaccine:

https://www.gilmorehealth.com/chinese-coronavirus-is-a-man-made-virus-according-to-luc-montagnier-the-man-who-discovered-hiv/

Made in a lab does not mean sinister intentions at the outset!!!!

A scientific consensus doesn't mean that the view is shared by every single scientist or ex-scientist.
From Wikipedia "Scientific consensus is the collective judgment, position, and opinion of the community of scientists in a particular field of study. Consensus implies general agreement, though not necessarily unanimity."
You do not even understand this simple concept yet you think you know better the origin of the virus than the scientific community ?
Because of your conspirationist superpowers maybe ?

Luc Montagnier, 87 y/o, is a retired and discredited scientific, he's a shadow of his former self..
Discredited since his absurd claims about the HIV, scientific caution of homeopathy and the anti-vaccine Pr. Joyeux.
Now only conspiracy theorists listen to him, because they only believe scientific whose claims are compatible with their conspiracies.
Regarding montagnier, "La vieillesse est un naufrage". Really.

Fine. Where are the bats? Where is this virus in the wild? Or is this the Wuhan bat paradox?

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1

11 hours ago, Jim Profit said:

Dangerosity?

Is English your primary language?

Yes, and you can look up using a permanent trumped up state of emergency via use of a contagion to justify it, to impose a "1984" state in order circumvent the constitution. 

One of many examples of the purposes proposed is Agenda 21. Where the world is culled to produce a "sustainable" future. I.e. massive genocide. 

The reason this matters now is that (1) we just entered a world of diminishing demand for natural resources. Solar and Wind have come of age and allow cheap energy in some areas. New hydrocarbon production provides abundant natural gas, which will displace 1/3 and up to 40% of oil demand. (2) We have just had peak babies last year, and there will be a declining birth rate, so all the growth of the human population would be from aging. Which means that the developed world needs very little incremental infrastructure. And what the developing world may require is much smaller in scale. (3) a second Trump term would likely end with a collapse of the transnational organizations that the "world government" promoters intend to use as the infrastructure for it. It would also end the IMF and introduce Judy Shelton's new gold standard, whatever that turns out to be. 

These factors make the justifications for the action go away. Thus breaking down the support coalitions for creating such a world. Thus it is either now or never. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

Dangerosity?

Is English your primary language?

I believe Jim mentioned early on that he lives in France.  He's on my ignore list, but I keep seeing his comments because people keep quoting him.  Such is life. 

• Haha 1