Tom Kirkman

Coronavirus hype biggest political hoax in history

The Dems are trying to do anything possible at this point to bring down Trump. It's actually only going to get worse.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, HermitMunster said:

The Dems are trying to do anything possible at this point to bring down Trump. It's actually only going to get worse.

Previously, on our continuing political soap opera ...

And slightly more tongue in cheek:

9fcc0c0a99eb3669dc712ccbe16ab1242265ec6a692b9afcc65fdc6385929938.jpg.19b7eab725e40dcb379089337fcff093.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Previously, on our continuing political soap opera ...

And slightly more tongue in cheek:

9fcc0c0a99eb3669dc712ccbe16ab1242265ec6a692b9afcc65fdc6385929938.jpg.19b7eab725e40dcb379089337fcff093.jpg

You're an ex-Pat, right Tom? Lucky you...

I guess what's on my mind right about now as I am ruminating about the Dems new 2,000 page $3 trillion dollar stimulus package is, why can't we take out Pelosi like we did Soleimani? We just took out the batteries to the Patriot Missile systems in Saudi Arabia so can't we just put them in her ass?

I can't even go get a self-serve cup of coffee at a gas station, Tom...because...safety??? This is what life in America has come to. 

All of the sudden, I finally realize how ahead of the curve Elon Musk truly is with his idea of colonizing Mars. But, if humans get to Mars, it will only be a matter of time before the Martians won't be able to go get self serve coffee in the morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Rolling Eye 1

Hermit, I am indeed surprised that things have not gotten uglier yet. It is obviously an unconstitutional attempt to hijack the US and change the country permanently, all over a virus that can be dealt with (even if the US admittedly has not done a good job when compared to many other countries). Key point is, it's time to go back to normal life instead all this "New normal" garbage.

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 2

On 5/8/2020 at 6:37 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

Let's agree to disagree.

Tom,

So I assume you would disagree with a number of statements such as

the earth is not flat. Or the Easter bunny and Santa Claus are real.

Some people are well known for the wrong reasons.

On 5/12/2020 at 3:24 AM, Dan Warnick said:

I am firmly with you on this @0R0.  My thoughts:

1. Virus testing?  For up to the moment results, maybe.  Valid for about 10 seconds after, maybe, if they weren't invalid at the time of the results printout or digital download.  If I am to believe the "government experts", the printer, its paper, ANY human or physical item contacted or even passed by within 2 meters after the test may infect upon contact or through the very air we breathe.  Therefore, the test results are invalidated immediately after testing, and are therefore worthless going forward.

2. Contact tracing?  This is being sold as a way to find all persons the infected has been within 2 meters of.  Somebody help me with the numbers on the next point, please: If the subject human travelled to 13 countries within the last 24 hours (Sound extreme?  Well extreme predictions seem to be all the rage these days, so let's join in, shall we?), how many people could they have infected?  Once you have that number, how many people could those individuals have further infected in the past 24 hours of our subject human's life?  And so on, up to the minute we are testing our subject human.

Guinness World Records: Most countries visited in 24 hours by scheduled transport

To the other extreme, I would ask our numbers crunching volunteer (assuming someone will volunteer) for the same calculations if the subject human lived within 10 minutes walking distance of the testing place, in a "rural" community, had only been to work or school in town, to the local store to buy groceries, purchased some gas at a filling station, and then went back home until they were summoned to be tested.

I'll make a SWAG while we wait for those numbers (If anyone is kind enough to provide them):  So many that we had better just lock down the whole world and keep them locked down until both a cure and a vaccine are invented!  Anybody who disagrees with this is just A MURDERING SELFISH REPUBLICAN MAGA TRUMPSTER ASSHOLE!

OR, maybe the medium to long term reasons for wanting to implement Contact Tracing are actually Political Affiliation Tracing?  Because you know the "other" side is always trying to undermine our efforts to implement Utopia.

3. Health Passports?  They are nothing of the sort (see items 1. & 2. above).  What they are is another means of identification-forcing, that is ONLY useful to the "officer" doing the "checking" for the political purposes of his or her superiors.  Whether they know that or care is another matter.  To wit: if a citizen has the right to not be ID'd unless he or she is suspected of committing a crime, the State's purpose of a "health passport" is to force the citizen to ID "for the good of society" or any other made up reason that the State deems sufficient.

ALL of the above is a sorry-assed attempt at selling people in a panic what certain people have worked their entire adult lives to accomplish by other means, and have failed miserably to do so:  Control by and dependence on the State.

4. "What else would you have us do, nothing?"  No, not nothing.  @0R0 and others have outlined what the data and the doctors would have us do, and I will not once again (for what, the 9th or 10th time) recite them here.  Suffice it to say, isolate the sick and at-risk and not the healthy.

Dan,

Problem with that theory is that there are many who are infected with the virus who show no symptoms, that is how it has spread so widely.  Those people, who the libertarians believe should be allowed to not wear masks so they can be "free" to infect others, will indeed infect many other people, especially when there is little social distancing, that increases the chances that vulnerable people will be infected because complete isolation is very difficult.

Also note the reason there are major differences in the number of cases or deaths per capita in some nations or regions is how quickly some nations acted and their success in ramping up testing quickly as well as their advanced preparation with stockpiles of PPE and a well coordinated government response.

Much of the infection in the Northeast is due to European travellers that tend to come through New York, New Jersey, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, and Washington DC.

1 hour ago, Radha said:

It is obviously an unconstitutional attempt to hijack the US and change the country permanently

You really, in your heart, believe this?  All this, deliberately done, to bring down Trump?  This is the theme here, really?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, UNC12345 said:

You really, in your heart, believe this?  All this, deliberately done, to bring down Trump?  This is the theme here, really?

Well shit, they’ve tried everything else in the past 3+ years!

• Like 2

(edited)

> “I’ve never seen a model of the diseases I’ve dealt with where the worst-case actually came out,” said Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a member of President Donald Trump’s White House coronavirus task force, during a CNN interview in March.  “They always overshoot.”

I'm sure Anthony Fauci appreciates you using that quote to convey the exact message he has been publicly attempting to hammer home for months now, which is to immediately end the lockdowns. Right?  

Your arguments are spurious and disingenuous and you come across as a typical complacent, entitled middle-aged American. Leave the discussions of sociology and geopolitics to the people who actually studied those things, and stick to talking about oil, the one thing you have (I hope!) a semblance of expertise in.

Edited by EntitledBull
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, D Coyne said:

Tom,

So I assume you would disagree with a number of statements such as

the earth is not flat. Or the Easter bunny and Santa Claus are real.

Some people are well known for the wrong reasons.

Slightly rounded...plzz

From a UK government document, the propaganda worked all too well..much much too well. Latest polls (if they can be trusted) show 80% of people want the lockdown to continue.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/882722/25-options-for-increasing-adherence-to-social-distancing-measures-22032020.pdf

EXp7H3kXkAEatm5.png

2 hours ago, D Coyne said:

Dan,

Problem with that theory is that there are many who are infected with the virus who show no symptoms, that is how it has spread so widely.  Those people, who the libertarians believe should be allowed to not wear masks so they can be "free" to infect others, will indeed infect many other people, especially when there is little social distancing, that increases the chances that vulnerable people will be infected because complete isolation is very difficult.

Also note the reason there are major differences in the number of cases or deaths per capita in some nations or regions is how quickly some nations acted and their success in ramping up testing quickly as well as their advanced preparation with stockpiles of PPE and a well coordinated government response.

Much of the infection in the Northeast is due to European travellers that tend to come through New York, New Jersey, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, and Washington DC.

D,

I stand by my comments, including to the issues you raise, my words (bear with me a moment, please): 

"@0R0 and others have outlined what the data and the doctors would have us do, and I will not once again (for what, the 9th or 10th time) recite them here.  Suffice it to say, isolate the sick and at-risk and not the healthy."

If you go back and read what 0R0 and others outlined, you will find that they suggest many measures that can and should be taken.

About masks, I have been waiting for a chance to write about the issue.  Since I am not in New York, I spent some time searching for and reading accounts from local New York news feeds about masks.  At first I was looking for "man on the ground" interviews to see what was being said by the citizens of that fine city, instead of either side of the MSM.  If anyone has links to any, I'd love to see them because there was not much to be found when I looked. 

But what I did find was truly disturbing to me.  I found many people of New York were writing about their bad experiences while out and about wearing their masks.  What?  They talked of being cursed at, flipped off, crowded and otherwise insulted FOR WEARING THEIR MASKS!!  Incredible!  There is apparently a divide even when it comes to other people wearing their masks, even when those people are not even asking others to wear them!

One man spoke of keeping his mask in his pocket and joining a social gathering where the folks attending were pre-advised to practice social distancing, and were doing so when he arrived.  However, he saw that everyone was wearing their masks and so he donned his.  That is nothing more than a common courtesy, so why was it even worth talking about?  It was worth talking about because apparently there are people (I hope not too many, but) who take no greater pleasure than to crash such gatherings and flaunting their maskless faces.  That is not how I was raised.

So, D, I get the sensitivities and I would never endorse or go along with any of the above actions.  It is troublesome that people could be so callow and disrespectful.  Not the country I remember.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNC12345 said:

Bringing down Trump is only a part of what they believe (I'm skeptical myself, but..).  There is a larger concern that Obama and the Clintons were steering the U.S. towards a global system of social-type governance, along with population control, forced redistribution of wealth, and all that goes with all of that.  Throw in CV19 just as the Dems were failing so miserably in their impeachment attempt, and right after Bill Gates had presented on a coming pandemic in late 2019, and you're almost there.  Now we add the Chinese taking the pressure of the Hong Kong "uprising" and really starting to feel the effects of the trade war.  Ok, I think that kind of explains what many people are putting together and it makes them nervous, to say the least.

covid19.jpg

• Haha 3

In Colorado, it looks like 95% of the deaths are in the 50+ age group and center around the larger populations. This is from the State of Colorado and maybe I'm reading this incorrectly, but I don't think so.  It would be nice to see if there is the same data available across all the States.  

So why didn't we have a stay at home for only the 50+ crowd?  Obviously the numbers were not available before, but many states (mostly Democratic) insist on continuing the charade. It's funny how the left is always trying to shutdown oil and this is actually causing the Solar/Wind industry not be able to compete. OIL will continue to dominate for many, many years.

image.thumb.png.ebe695ad72fe97b2ebd2c343135db452.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Radha said:

Hermit, I am indeed surprised that things have not gotten uglier yet. It is obviously an unconstitutional attempt to hijack the US and change the country permanently, all over a virus that can be dealt with (even if the US admittedly has not done a good job when compared to many other countries). Key point is, it's time to go back to normal life instead all this "New normal" garbage.

The economy never should've been shut down. It was a trap. 7.6 billion people on the planet and 300,000 dead from this "plague". Laughable.

• Like 3
  • Great Response! 1

4 hours ago, EntitledBull said:

Your arguments are spurious and disingenuous and you come across as a typical complacent, entitled middle-aged American. Leave the discussions of sociology and geopolitics to the people who actually studied those things, and stick to talking about oil, the one thing you have (I hope!) a semblance of expertise in.

Welcome to the Oil Price forum.  You amuse me.  I can't recall the last time anyone called me either typical or complacent.  Guess I better update my profile here.  And about that Sociology thingy ...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HermitMunster said:

The economy never should've been shut down. It was a trap. 7.6 billion people on the planet and 300,000 dead from this "plague". Laughable.

All the talk of herd immunity.  What about herd mentality?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Hamster wheel of panic.   Run !   Faster ! !    Go Go Go Go Go ! ! !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

D,

I stand by my comments, including to the issues you raise, my words (bear with me a moment, please): 

"@0R0 and others have outlined what the data and the doctors would have us do, and I will not once again (for what, the 9th or 10th time) recite them here.  Suffice it to say, isolate the sick and at-risk and not the healthy."

If you go back and read what 0R0 and others outlined, you will find that they suggest many measures that can and should be taken.

About masks, I have been waiting for a chance to write about the issue.  Since I am not in New York, I spent some time searching for and reading accounts from local New York news feeds about masks.  At first I was looking for "man on the ground" interviews to see what was being said by the citizens of that fine city, instead of either side of the MSM.  If anyone has links to any, I'd love to see them because there was not much to be found when I looked. 

But what I did find was truly disturbing to me.  I found many people of New York were writing about their bad experiences while out and about wearing their masks.  What?  They talked of being cursed at, flipped off, crowded and otherwise insulted FOR WEARING THEIR MASKS!!  Incredible!  There is apparently a divide even when it comes to other people wearing their masks, even when those people are not even asking others to wear them!

One man spoke of keeping his mask in his pocket and joining a social gathering where the folks attending were pre-advised to practice social distancing, and were doing so when he arrived.  However, he saw that everyone was wearing their masks and so he donned his.  That is nothing more than a common courtesy, so why was it even worth talking about?  It was worth talking about because apparently there are people (I hope not too many, but) who take no greater pleasure than to crash such gatherings and flaunting their maskless faces.  That is not how I was raised.

So, D, I get the sensitivities and I would never endorse or go along with any of the above actions.  It is troublesome that people could be so callow and disrespectful.  Not the country I remember.

You've made me feel guilty now, the other day I deliberately stood in a spot on the one way system forcing someone to choose between walking past normally or having to make a big song and a dance and take a much longer way around, which this young fellow did. And then I laughed to myself 😂

In my defense I was buying icecream 🤗

Seriously though, I know i shouldn't be but I am really angry with my fellow countrymen at the moment and I'm very blunt if people tell me things that are clearly untrue. I also have no desire to talk to people who begged for our liberties to be taken away and I have no intention of for some time to come. I know my anger should be directed at the government or media but I can't help it. All I can see is the millions of lives destroyed when the fulough schemes and free money dries up in a few weeks and the heart breaking pain that will come with it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, UNC12345 said:

Everything that is being done after the fact is being done to bring down Trump. Look at how China has obfuscated this entire time. Look at the connections to the WHO. It isn't happenstance. Frankly, I think Trump should enact a trade embargo with China. Let's see how well the Chinese do without the backing of the U.S. dollar.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Well...since we are no longer slaughtering livestock, we can start with the sheeple. Bah

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, HermitMunster said:

Well...since we are no longer slaughtering livestock, we can start with the sheeple. Bah

Sheeple need leaders too.  At the link we have a couple of candidates for them.  Bernie always amazes me.  Not in a good way usually, but he amazes me.

Bernie Sanders, Ilhan Omar Lead Call for World Bank, IMF Debt Cancellation

55d3e55e3f576b7c42800cbb91bc09a7

Bernie Sanders, Ilhan Omar Lead Call for World Bank, IMF Debt Cancellation
More

(Bloomberg) -- Senator Bernie Sanders and Representative Ilhan Omar led a group of lawmakers from two dozen countries calling for the International Monetary Fund and World Bank to forgive the debt of the world’s poorest countries and step up their support.

The debt payment standstill announced last month by the Group of 20 won’t be enough to allow the countries to deal with the crisis, the lawmakers, including the U.K.’s Jeremy Corbyn, said in a letter Wednesday. Fitch Ratings last month warned that multilateral development banks could see their credit ratings suffer if they let the poorest nations suspend sovereign debt payments.

The lawmakers also urged the IMF to create trillions of dollars in reserve assets, called special drawing rights, a move opposed by the Trump administration. IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva said last month that the fund is well capitalized for the next months but won’t discard the possibility of creating more reserve assets if it needs more resources in the future.

The steps are “the very least that these financial institutions should do to prevent an unimaginable increase in poverty, hunger, and disease that threatens hundreds of millions of people,” Sanders said in a statement.

The lawmakers called on the IMF and World Bank to respond in 15 day

(and some comments)

• dc
    dc1 hour ago
    Have Sanders or Omar ever made calls that benefit US citizens? Who do they actually represent?
    ReplyReplies (6)
  •  
    EyesWideOpen
    EyesWideOpen51 minutes ago
    What is it with Democrats always trying to get debt canceled? When a debt is canceled, the lender suffers. Why would anyone be a lender if the government takes control and cancels the debt when they determine it should not be repaid? What happened to being "responsible" ?
    ReplyReplies (11)
  •  
    Gary
    Gary32 minutes ago
    Notice the change in this Socialist/Communist agenda....Sanders/Omar have given a deadline of 15 days for IMF/World Bank to grant their demands. And if the banks refuse to comply, then what? Hunger strikes? Civil disobedience? Rioting/armed insurrection? Isn't this how it usually begins? The Chinese Wuhan virus was/is just the softening-up stage. There is real a danger here.
  • Like 1

Oh lord, someone please make it stop

She's back and this time Greta's an expert in the coronavirus

Not political? Not at all

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

Oh lord, someone please make it stop

She's back and this time Greta's an expert in the coronavirus

Not political? Not at all

image.png.571eaf14ca01b5cb1663a8025140b0fc.png

• Haha 1