Tom Kirkman

Coronavirus hype biggest political hoax in history

6 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Now you are belittling 0R0's intellect?  You really have no idea who you are talking to.

How about next you verbally attack @Jan van Eck  (that's sarcasm, and I would advise against it; you are no match of wits against 0R0 or Jan.)

Don't listen to Tom - arguing with Jan and 0R0 is the most entertaining stuff on the forum. Just bring your big boy pants to the party.

• Great Response! 1

(edited)

11 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

FYI ozone and UV light are carcinogenic.

"May I trade a probably self-resolving viral infection for cancer please?" 

They do kill germs, though, you can't deny that. You can't fault these doctors for turning to known methods of killing germs. The medical establishment says "self-resolving", but would you really bet your life on trusting them? Or your elderly parents' lives?

Edited by EntitledBull
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, EntitledBull said:

Travis County is still under a stay-at-home order, you fool.

1354189653_Screenshot_2020-05-13Austin-TravisCountystay-homeorderextendedagainasmoreTexasbusinessesreopen.png.bb4a04474c237154b485f3f37a73e488.png

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/austin-stay-home-order-extended-travis-county-coronavirus/269-af9ac94b-8218-4c7c-a572-e59eaf23b7fd

You clearly belong to the "spending two minutes googling something tells me all I need to know about it" school of academic scholarship.

The idiocies of Austin's issues don't inform the argument. 

The same data show up in open and closed jurisdictions. The effect of lockdown as executed there are not enough to change anything compared to what has been done elsewhere. 50% open Kimble co.

image.png.3e85d0b567fca9427eb58b9b14859bd5.png

Don't follow your preordained conclusions and nitpick, follow the prevailing evidence. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Nikko said:

Oh lord, someone please make it stop

She's back and this time Greta's an expert in the coronavirus

Not political? Not at all

Their ratings must be really bad

• Haha 2

(edited)

5 minutes ago, EntitledBull said:

They do kill germs, though, you can't deny that. You can't fault these doctors for turning to known methods of killing germs. The medical establishment says "self-resolving", but would you really bet your life on trusting them?

They do.  I have a high-powered UVC lamp for sale... two for one special - it makes ozone and damaging UV rays!

I trust physicians far more than some; the ones I know are good people doing their best.

Edited by Enthalpic

(edited)

image.png.3e85d0b567fca9427eb58b9b14859b

Don't follow your preordained conclusions and nitpick, follow the prevailing evidence

Do you really want to use stats from Kimble County, Texas as evidence to back up your argument?

Do you have any idea how many people live in Kimble County?

Edited by EntitledBull

4 minutes ago, HermitMunster said:

Their ratings must be really bad

Good 😂

19 minutes ago, EntitledBull said:

Here's the chart, sorted by deaths per 1 million people

If you nix the statistically irrelevant entries San Marino (population 30,000), Andorra (77,000), and Sint Maarten (41,000), Sweden is at #6 in the world by deaths per capita.

Yes, and they are also the least economically affected in Europe. With a ~10% fall in GDP estimates. Vs. 30% and up for everyone who did lockdowns, Up to 80% in Spain. 

As pointed out before, that is not a crazy high number. I would take that tradeoff any day. 

• Great Response! 2

2 hours ago, El Nikko said:

Oh lord, someone please make it stop

She's back and this time Greta's an expert in the coronavirus

Not political? Not at all

Amazingly, this is an actual promotion, it is NOT a parody.

Astounding.

• Haha 2

(edited)

16 minutes ago, EntitledBull said:

image.png.3e85d0b567fca9427eb58b9b14859b

Don't follow your preordained conclusions and nitpick, follow the prevailing evidence

Do you really want to use stats from Kimble County, Texas as evidence to back up your argument?

Do you have any idea how many people live in Kimble County?

Not the point. Which you obviously don't want to get.

The difference between being open and closed is negligible in transmission. 

We are at the granularity limit of the database. Short of daily testing of everybody in the county, you can't get better data. 

The population density does matter to transmission rates - but for rational separation of high risk individuals it means nothing. 

You want herd immunity, not to wait for a hoped for vaccine. Other than self quarantine or PPE for the high risk groups there never was a reason to act after the reduction of flights from hot spots, and basic masks for high transmission conditions like subways to reduce transmission rates but continue building herd immunity.  

Edited by 0R0
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Amazingly, this is an actual promotion, it is NOT a parody.

Astounding.

I'll bet everyone rushed to Babylon Bee just to be sure before commenting 😂

• Haha 2

Anyone else looking forward to the coffee shops opening?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, EntitledBull said:

You've never heard those criticisms because like most complacent Americans, you live in a bubble. Your writing stinks of it, trust me.

Stick to talking about oil, like I said.

Complacent about what?

5 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

Not the point. Which you obviously don't want to get. 

All I'm asking is, why can't you get me a graph from like, a major population center?

Why, of all places, Kimble County, Texas ?

34 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

FYI ozone and UV light are carcinogenic.

Enthalpic, You are shouting your ignorance and stupidity about Ozone and Ultraviolet Light Blood Therapy as used by medical professionals.  This medical protocol has saved many thousands of lives when conventional methods have failed miserably.

You are talking from the wrong body opening.

(edited)

20 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

Yes, and they are also the least economically affected in Europe. With a ~10% fall in GDP estimates. Vs. 30% and up for everyone who did lockdowns, Up to 80% in Spain. 

As pointed out before, that is not a crazy high number. I would take that tradeoff any day. 

We totally were not expecting the lockdowns to have any negative impacts on the economy. It all came as a complete shock to most people.

20 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

I would take that tradeoff any day. 

So you think we should have kept everything open and just let the hospitals deal with the stampede of complacent Americans bringing their old folks to the hospital and demanding they be saved.

That, or keeping everything open and insisting those people let their old folks die at home. Everybody's gotta go sometime, when it's your time it's your time, am I right?

At least you don't believe it's all just a conspiracy.

Edited by EntitledBull

Just now, EntitledBull said:

All I'm asking is, why can't you get me a graph from like, a major population center?

Why, of all places, Kimble County, Texas ?

Because the major cities are still locked down in TX. Their absurd criterion is 4 cases per county. The point I made initially is that I looked for charts showing some sort of spike in May. There were several counties - whether within lockdown or outside of it that showed anything. 

Kimble is 50% open for retail.

image.png.cf7b0e56186e9033e0e599ca56beff0e.png

image.png.5054e0932370bd2c69bb5e6fa38ab3f0.png

• Upvote 2

This just in from China Premier for Life, Xi:

Politics

China Impressed By Michigan Governor's Totalitarian Policies
April 14th, 2020

article-5958-1.jpg

BEIJING—In a candid speech Tuesday, President Xi Jinping stated he was "pretty impressed" by Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer's handling of the coronavirus outbreak, specifically praising her totalitarian policies.

China's dictator said he was actually a little jealous he hadn't thought of some of her ideas himself.

"She has some pretty great ideas -- stopping people from gathering together even with their families, ordering people not to buy seeds -- they can't even plant their own food now! We hadn't even thought of some of these innovative approaches," the Communist president said. "We're always looking for more ways to oppress people, and we were really inspired by Whitmer's approach."

"Not bad, Gretchen."

Other dictators across the world also chimed in with words of support and affirmation for Whitmer's policies, from North Korean ruler Kim Jong Un to Supreme Leader of Iran Ali Khamenei.

The Chinese government quickly offered Governor Whitmer a consulting position with the Communist Party of China, which she readily accepted.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Tom Nolan said:

Enthalpic, You are shouting your ignorance and stupidity about Ozone and Ultraviolet Light Blood Therapy as used by medical professionals. 

All I said was UV and ozone cause cancer.  They do.

Start a thread "Skin cancer is a lie promoted by liberals and big sunscreen!"

2 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

All I said was UV and ozone cause cancer.  They do.

Good to see you still have your sense of humor.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, EntitledBull said:

We totally were not expecting the lockdowns to have any negative impacts on the economy. It all came as a complete shock to most people.

So you think we should have kept everything open and just let the hospitals deal with the stampede of complacent Americans bringing their old folks to the hospital and demanding they be saved.

That, or keeping everything open and insisting those people let their old folks die at home. Everybody's gotta go sometime, when it's your time it's your time, am I right?

At least you don't believe it's all just a conspiracy.

No

I am saying that if complacency is preventing people from exercising caution, that was the item to attack. Not to shut down everything. 

You are saying that the only alternative to lockdown is that all the people are idiots and will go around licking each other's door knobs before kissing their grandma.

The people at high risk should have been informed by their doctors and media since late February when mortality numbers started coming out to confirm Chinese numbers in Japan, Korea, Taiwan etc. They and their households could have taken precautions. Germans gave us a study of reduction of transmission by use of masks in late Febr, if memory serves. 

Instead, the bureaucracy only went from "its a flu" to "its the end of the world" at that point I would have put the medical officialdom in the basement looking over autopsy records and find a new group of experts to take their jobs. Same with the vast majority of "public health" officials. Can them.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

Politics

Vicious Tyrant Trump Wants To Let People Leave Their Homes
April 14th, 2020

article-5952-2.jpg

WASHINGTON, D.C.—By all accounts, President Donald Trump has now gone completely mad with power. In a press briefing, he laid out his insidious plan.

“When I’m done with this country, everyone will be able to leave their houses whenever they want and do whatever they want,” Trump told the press with an evil grin. “They’ll be able to peaceably assemble in whatever size groups they desire! Muhahaha!”

“You’re a mad man!” a CNN reporter cried. “You don’t have the power to let people have freedom! You’re a tyrant!”

“My power is absolute!” Trump screamed. “No one can stop me! Soon everyone will be able to go back to work and buy whatever they feel like from the store even if bureaucrats don’t like it!”

“Noooo!” cried an MSNBC reporter. “You have to arrest people who don’t do what the government tells them! Who do you think you are? Someone stop him!”

But no one came to stop him, and Trump just laughed an evil laugh.

It is unknown if anything can be done about Trump, but many hope that the Constitution has enough checks and balances to keep one man from giving out freedom by fiat.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

9 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he was taken seriously.

It's only a rung or two on the ladder lower down from "coronavirus/lockdowns are all just a conspiracy".

Edited by EntitledBull
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, EntitledBull said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he was taken seriously.

It's only a rung or two on the ladder lower down from "coronavirus/ ockdowns are all just a conspiracy".

Spouting CCP sponsored drivel is so much more a source of confidence. 

• Haha 3