Tom Kirkman

Coronavirus hype biggest political hoax in history

1 minute ago, EntitledBull said:

You're weird.

Also in response to your other post, at first I was also gonna be like "nah, I'm good" too, but I think I'll humor you.

Give me a day or so, unlike some of the participants here, I have a life outside of this forum.

Well alright.  Just don't be going outside now, hear?

• Haha 1

Just now, Dan Warnick said:

Well alright.  Just don't be going outside now, hear?

Why don't you like going outside?

1 minute ago, EntitledBull said:

I kinda knew from the OP that it was that kind of place, Hamster.

From tar pits to knob licks...we cover it all at OilPrice.com!!!

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, EntitledBull said:

Why don't you like going outside?

Cuz.

1 minute ago, HermitMunster said:

From tar pits to knob licks...we cover it all at OilPrice.com!!!

Nobody said petroleum was clean, least of all Greta!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Nobody said petroleum was clean, least of all Greta!

Nobody likes Boyan Slat, evidently. 

1 minute ago, HermitMunster said:

Nobody likes Boyan Slat, evidently. 

He should hook up with Greta!  Aw, they'd be like Donny & Marie!

Some good news here in the Communist Republic of Wales. We're finally allowed to go fishing, that activity well known to increase exposure to deadly pathogens. People from England cannot however drive here to go fishing but I can go to England for fishing but confusingly would be making an unessesary trip until I cross the border at which point it's perfectly acceptable. I can also drive to a fishing spot but as long as it is 'local' what ever that means.

Time to dust off the hazmat suit!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EntitledBull said:

> Sweden is doing great compared to Italy Spain France and the UK. It is 343 deaths per million.

Lol, Sweden isn't doing great. Their death and infection count would likely be much higher if they did as many tests as the countries above them.

Of the five countries above Sweden in the deaths per capita rankings, all five have a higher testing rate. Four have a testing rate at least twice as high.

Having a rational attitude, the Swedes are NOT after "flattening the curve" but after creating herd immunity. Thus they do not need to use testing as a policy and panic mongering tool but only as a diagnostic tool for symptomatic patients. What they need for policy is prevalence testing of antibodies once it is sufficiently accurate. It is now, so they are doing those tests, sampling in Stockholm.

Keeping your population "free" of the virus is not a useful outcome as it leaves the population at risk to further outbreaks and is presuming a widely available vaccine soon.  Attempts at a vaccine are being rushed through and will have less known about them than the virus. A likely vaccine will not protect against a mutated version of this virus which has tens of millions infected (about  20 to 1 or more infected per positive test) 

You are not making an argument against the Swedish outcome because you are presuming they were after the same result, which they were not. 

I reject your implied preferred outcome as pie in the sky at an infinite cost. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

Some good news here in the Communist Republic of Wales. We're finally allowed to go fishing, that activity well known to increase exposure to deadly pathogens. People from England cannot however drive here to go fishing but I can go to England for fishing but confusingly would be making an unessesary trip until I cross the border at which point it's perfectly acceptable. I can also drive to a fishing spot but as long as it is 'local' what ever that means.

Time to dust off the hazmat suit!

Be strong, be brave, my friend.  Fear not, for they have consulted with Greta the Great!

• Haha 1

Former presidential candidate John Delaney stated, "It is clear this virus disproportionately impacts our seniors and those with preexisting conditions. Consider the fact that 2% of people in nursing homes have died, .035% of people over 65 not in nursing homes have died and .006% of everyone else. This must inform how we reopen."

The truth is moving across the aisle now.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Well, that's something.

Wisconsin Supreme Court strikes down governor’s stay-at-home order

MADISON, Wis. – The Wisconsin Supreme Court has struck down Gov. Tony Evers' order shutting down daily life to limit the spread of coronavirus – marking the first time a statewide order of its kind has been knocked down by a court of last resort.

In the majority opinion, Roggesack determined Department of Health Services Secretary Andrea Palm should have issued such restrictions through a process known as rule making, which gives lawmakers veto power over agency policies.

“Palm's Emergency Order 28 is declared unlawful, invalid, and unenforceable,” Roggensack wrote for the majority.

GOP lawmakers who brought the lawsuit have said the legal challenge was necessary to get a seat at the table where Evers and state health officials make decisions about how to respond to the outbreak, which has killed 418 people in the state in two months.

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Here's Peter on April 9th, specifically about Covid-19.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, EntitledBull said:

So if I've understood you right, you're basically saying the old folks and their families should have taken precautions.

The old folks should have stayed at home. Their family members too, if they wanted to be on the safe side. That was the doctor's advice.

Unless it's only a minority of the population that happens to have elderly relatives, I don't think there any prizes for guessing what the end result of your proposed course of action would look like.

It would look pretty much like Sweden.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dan Warnick said:

The poor guy has been used as a punching bag as if it was his fault just because he refused to go along with the insane lockdown policy from day one.

I know exactly how he feels because that is the treatment I've received.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, EntitledBull said:

I'm not sure why anyone would need to lick a doorknob, because the virus is transmitted very easily via coughs and sneezes.

It takes a lot more precaution to keep away from coughed or sneezed air than I think you realize.

I know precisely what it takes because I got everything several times every season. The Flus, the colds, then the pneumonias and bronchitis. 

An N95 mask is sufficient so long as you can keep your hands out of your eyes, then gloves or hand sanitizer. The N95 mask does not protect others from you. But it is very effective in protecting you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan Warnick said:

Terrific. And he is absolutely correct. 

The social media and identity politics have eradicated ideas as a topic of discussion. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

About time. Trump turns on Fauci.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-13/trump-says-he-disagrees-with-fauci-s-concerns-over-reopening

Perhaps a more reasoned set of guidelines for reopening are in the works once Fauci is marginalized. Now he needs the FDA cleaned out to allow proper trials of cheap treatments that they are constantly kicking aside. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

Terrific. And he is absolutely correct. 

The social media and identity politics have eradicated ideas as a topic of discussion. 

Fantastic conversation.  I found most interesting the comments from Peter, respectfully, disagreed on the issue of "Rights".  His point was that he believes all people have rights and that documents that drive our governments, such as in America the Bill of Rights, those documents outline the limits on government power; they do not grant citizens certain rights.  Again, that people have rights; the government does not grant rights.  Well worth remembering and contemplating.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Radha said:

That is a pre-2016 election video, but I still love to watch it today.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that video got any TV time before.  But I hope it does this time around.  It is powerful.  It shows the best that Donald Trump can be.  For those on the Left, for those still hurting from the Hillary loss, for those simply hurting, please lower your guard just enough to see another side.  To see that your fellow American is not someone to be feared or hated.  To see that your neighbor is not the problem.  To see that our government is corrupt and must be cleaned up and put back in good stead.  Then let's get on with it.  We got this.

• Like 3