c

Michael Moore's Controversial "Planet of the Humans" Movie

(edited)

I watched Michael Moore's "Planet of the Humans" movie and found it very interesting. It showed that many of the so called green environmental energy replacements for oil, gas and coal are not as green as they are touted to be. For example, when is biomass tree and wood chip burning more environmentally friendly than coal when at the most all the trees in the U.S. would provide only one year's worth of energy and these trees would be lost forever afterwards? Even if all trees used could be replanted, they would not be mature enough in time to be used within a year.  Also, buring all these trees would reduce the ability of these trees to change carbon dioxide into oxygen which is a big benefit that they provide. However, this biomass energy is being touted by many big environmental groups as a viable alternative to coal. This movie has now become controversial because many powerful environmental groups have denounced it. However, it shows that by changing from one energy source to another, the pollution problem is just changed and diverted to a different form just like nuclear energy plant waste that is very dangerous and toxic and hard to strore yet nuclear plants are being made to replace coal plants to generate electricity. This is a must see eye opening movie that is free to watch.

Edited by canadas canadas
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, canadas canadas said:

I watched Michael Moore's "Planet of the Humans" movie and found it very interesting. ...

... This is a must see eye opening movie that is free to watch.

• Like 3

I've been looking at satellite images of Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine for the last few years, partly because I saw some obscenely cheap land in Vermont near the Canadian border. For anyone who's interested, see if you can find any of these biomass plants.

By comparison, locate the border of Brazil, Venezuela, and Guyana. If you want to see evidence of deforestation, it's right there.

There's another side of the renewable energy deal that I have rarely seen mentioned.  When the windmills starting showing up near my home, my first thought was hell, I can do that, and likely cheaper and better than those guys.  After all, leasing some land and raising and spending a mil (or two or three) for production is sorta in my wheelhouse, and no dry holes !  I worked it pretty hard and found, that if I didn't have at least a congressman (preferably a senator) running interference, it was a private club.  If renewables ever do compete well on a level playing field, small guys will do it, otherwise is just one politician trading favors for cash.

Hi all,

Good subject. I  have watched the movie on line. I made me think.

I am now convinced that biomass is not the answer (trees and rubbish incineration). (Happening in my city, not good)

I still think that solar and wind have their place in the future. (it takes coal to make solar cells, so what?) 

And yes, solar panels are so inert that they last long (mines are 20 years and still going strong). Same for batteries, with good care and engineering). 

I believe in a future of big power plants for industry, but self-reliance for individuals (you consume what you produce). (Not hard to put in practice)

Solar has been good to me. Independance! 

On 5/3/2020 at 2:36 PM, canadas canadas said:

However, it shows that by changing from one energy source to another, the pollution problem is just changed and diverted to a different form just like nuclear energy plant waste that is very dangerous and toxic and hard to strore yet nuclear plants are being made to replace coal plants to generate electricity. This is a must see eye opening movie that is free to watch.

These lies about nuclear power, that mingled into Moore’s movie description are of your own invention or they are part of the movie.

These lies are harmful, very harmful.

Nuclear power is the safest, most ecological source of baseload power generation ( even with Three Mile Island, Czernobyl, and Fukushima disasters).

Only the only thing that Albert Einstein was really sure is infinite: human stupidity prevents wider employment of nuclear power.

(Einstein said: There are only 2 things infinite: human stupidity and the Universe. I am not sure about the latter)

I would say more: nuclear power is the only ecological, scalable source of baseload power.

Until humans develop anything new like fussion, we would actually need to make nuclear 70% of generation in less than 80 years.

Breaking News!!  (Dan Warnick standing in for Wolf Blitzer.  LOL)

YouTube has censored the Michael Moore video "Planet of the Humans".  LOL!  This just gets better every day.  5 minute video.

Krystal and Saagar REACT: Youtube TAKES DOWN Michael Moore climate doc, censor on behalf of China?

'ABC forgets' documentary which ‘absolutely skewers the renewable energy industry’