Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tomasz

Russia-chinese oil and general trade

(edited)

In March, oil imports from Saudi Arabia to the world's largest market - China fell by 1.6% compared to the previous year, while purchases from supplier No. 2 from Russia increased by 31%, according to Reuters calculations.

I would recommend it to people who write in this forum that Saudi Arabia deprived Russia of oil markets and effectively won oil war with Russia..

Because of this, it seems to me that in March, after breaking the OPEC agreement, it was rather Russia that deprived Saudi Arabia of its fair share in the Chinese market.

Yes, I will only add, because I was surprised that Russia is selling or was ready to sell, I mean Rosneft because he has a Chinese oil contract for yuans and Saudi Arabia does not want to do this.

I don't know if they really  sell these 2 million barrels of oil per day to China in total for yuans, if so, it would be a very serious blow to petrodollar

https://financialtribune.com/articles/energy/103158/chinas-march-oil-imports-from-russia-up-31?fbclid=IwAR1Qr7pHZxbdv55zWfdfpovyu9XG0ztIELgLBc51_k_ZpMjHg7ycZihlyy8

I would have also noticed that allegedly in the first quarter of this year Russian exports to China increased compared to last year by as much as 17%, which I confirmed in several sources.

I wonder what miracle, given the massive crisis in China in the first quarter and the general decline in commodity prices,

I recommend it because many people did not believe that they were ever reaching 100 billion trade turnover or that in general trade relations would always remain underdeveloped if it was like this for hundreds years ..

Last year there were already about 110 billion and are on their way to 200 billion which is a commercial goal.

https://tass.ru/ekonomika/8235669?fbclid=IwAR2q98xu9_BCWJr0AWi3C13nKkv6FeNSTbvV0dBQpFoUxr37T2q0GxnXU6Y

China has had a negative trade balance with Russia for several years and their position is constantly deteriorating. They buy some armaments, nuclear technologies, raw materials, food, drinking water, IT services, electricity, transport and R&D services. The share of food and drinking water will increase year by year. The rapid increase in trade with Russia is probably the result of buying large batches of Russian pharmaceuticals to combat COVID-19 and air transport services (Chinese masks around the world can only be distributed by Russian Antonov, which local airlines are happy to use).

Edited by Tomasz

3 hours ago, Tomasz said:

In March, oil imports from Saudi Arabia to the world's largest market - China fell by 1.6% compared to the previous year, while purchases from supplier No. 2 from Russia increased by 31%, according to Reuters calculations.

" Russia knew from the get go that China will have to reposition herself towards Russia's energy (and not just oil) because neither tanker oil, nor LNG can compete with pipelines, especially the ones which are already built and operational, not to speak of a cluster of gigantic Russian processing plants being built right on China's threshold to provide all needs not only in crude and gas but in high value added products of hydrocarbons processing. You know, like Amur Gas Processing Plant. And then, and then... there are Indian Ocean SLOCs {Sea Lines of Communication}  which cannot be defended by China once mighty US Navy's submarine force is given the order to interrupt Gulf's oil supplies to China. And yes, there is always Russia and her Armed Forces which can secure supply of necessary energy to China. So, simple--just one look at the map is enough to understand."    https://smoothiex12.blogspot.com/2020/04/one-doesnt-need-to-be.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomasz said:

December 2014

Vineyard of the Saker White Paper: the China-Russia Double Helix

December

Dear friends,

Today I sharing with you a document which I personally consider as absolutely crucial: an in-depth analysis of the China-Russia Strategic Alliance (RCSA) written by somebody who looks at it from the “Chinese side”.   I want to tell you a few words about how this document came into existence.

I was talking with Larchmonter 445 about the development in Russia when I realized that a lot of his arguments centered around the relationship between China and Russia and when I probed him further I realized that he knew a lot about it.  Not only that, but he had come to the exact same conclusions about the RCSA as I had, but he came to the from the other, Chinese, side.  That’s when I asked him to write a short analysis of this topics, and Larchmonter 445 agreed.  Except that is as a perfectionist workaholic and his short analysis ended up 25 pages long and with 39 footnotes!  As a result, what I can now share with you is a comprehensive survey of all the officially known components of the RCSA (you can bet that there are many more which I kept secret!).

I find Larchmonter 445’s image of a double helix particularly appropriate because what we are witnessing here is the birth of a new geopolitical “life form” so to speak, an informal alliance of two countries which goes much deeper than most regular alliances do: what we are seeing is the mutual agreement to establish a full-spectrum geostrategic symbiosis between two civilizational realms as both Russia and China are what used to be called ’empires’ in the past but which today are what I call “civilizational realms”: multi-ethnic, multi-national and multi-religious ex-empires whose influence extends beyond their current national borders and whose international strategic “weight” makes far more akin to continents then to countries.

Make no mistake, what we are seeing is something unprecedented in history and it is much more than just an “alliance”.  After all, an alliance can easily be broken and country A can decide to switch from an alliance with country B to an alliance with country C.  In the case of the RCSA what we are seeing is something much more akin to the birth of Siamese twins: in a geopolitical tectonic shift, Russia and China have decided to be shared not just “at the hip”, but with many “vital organs and systems” including energy and defense, of course, but also their economies and long term development policies.  Each symbiont will keep its own head and brain, but they will share “torsos”.

I would argue that this is by far the single most important political development since the end of WWII and probably the most important one in this century: it is hard to overstate the implications of what this means and Obama’s famous “pivot” to Asia is completely dwarfed and, really, rendered utterly irrelevant by this new reality: typically, while the Obama roared and barked, Putin and Xi Jinping quietly, but profoundly, changed the planetary equilibrium.  I wonder if somebody will dare tell the White House.

I urge you all to carefully read Larchmonter 445′ White Paper and to keep it for future reference (in particular all the recent developments he lists).  Since it was too long to post here, I have made it available for download from Mediafire in ZIP, ODT, DOCX and PDF file formats.  You can find the link to the Mediafire directory right under Larchmonter 445’s introductory remarks below.

A big THANK YOU to Larchmonter 445!

I hope that you will enjoy this great read.

Cheers,

The Saker  

https://thesaker.is/vineyard-of-the-saker-white-paper-the-china-russia-double-helix/comment-page-2/