Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PZ

China's Firing Back: China Unveils New Tariffs On U.S. Planes, Cars And Soybenasin

The Chinese Ministry of Commerce  said it plans to impose a 25% tariff on $50 billion worth of US exports. The 106 affected products will also include soybeans and chemicals. China's announcement is a direct response to the Trump administration's publication yesterday of a list of about 1,300 Chinese exports -- also worth about $50 billion annually -- that it intends to target with 25% tariffs. The true purpose maybe is not to escalate it to a trade war, but China obviously want to demonstrate no weakness. From this morning Dow set to plunge after China etaliates on U.S. tariffs

As I said before. An eye for an eye. There will be no winner in the trade war. But there will be "plenty of injuries".

I really don't think protectionism is a good thing! If tariff rise, price of product will rise soon. And citizens will pay the bill. And least but not last: markets fall triple digits after China retailates on U.S. tariffs.

China's on one side. And don't forget potential "trade war" from NAFTA program. I'm not even going to mention the problem he's starting with U.S. other top trading partners like a Mexico and Canada.. And, it's not easy to win in trade war..

19 minutes ago, damirUSBiH said:

I really don't think protectionism is a good thing! If tariff rise, price of product will rise soon. And citizens will pay the bill. And least but not last: markets fall triple digits after China retailates on U.S. tariffs.

I agree. Just the markets letting us know that U.S. tariffs are a bad move.Like this morning, "black Wednesday".

30 minutes ago, damirUSBiH said:

It's not protectionism. It's balancing something that's been out of kilter for a while.Trade deficit is embarrassing. 

8 minutes ago, Rodent said:

It's not protectionism. It's balancing something that's been out of kilter for a while.Trade deficit is embarrassing. 

I don't think it's better today than yesterday? And tomorrow could be worse than today....The economy is not a twitter tirade, but a serious engagement

Every single Dow component is down for the day, biggest losers are industrials: Boeing down 4.3 percent, Caterpillar down 3.2 percent, DowDupont down 2.8 percent, Ford, GM ....

I don't think that the Dow being down is any indicator on whether a policy is good policy or not. 

I have to "defend" decision about trade war. President promised during his presidential campaign a trade war against China, Mexico, Canada,... And trade war is here. So, you asked for it, you got it

37 minutes ago, Petar said:

I have to "defend" decision about trade war. President promised during his presidential campaign a trade war against China, Mexico, Canada,... And trade war is here. So, you asked for it, you got it

Not a trade war yet. These are all just proposals. And Dow is now rallying. Blip blip blip....

I think the focus of the trade tit-for-tat should be intellectual property tariffs. that will make or break the relations for good

3 minutes ago, Cokiga Damke said:

I think the focus of the trade tit-for-tat should be intellectual property tariffs. that will make or break the relations for good

I don't follow the news involving "intellectual" and Trump

• Like 1

Intellectual Property was probably produced by a Chinese visa holders, so this could get complicated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rodent said:

Not a trade war yet. These are all just proposals. And Dow is now rallying. Blip blip blip....

And Dow is up now on the day. So much for that.

I love how the market is always intellectually behind everyone else. Panic and then 'fears ease'. It's always the same. It's like market sentiment runs entirely on headlines and there's no one to read between the lines. 

• Like 1

in a perfect world, he would be tweeting about Stormy and leave the economy be

• Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 12:20 AM, Kate Turlington said:

I love how the market is always intellectually behind everyone else. Panic and then 'fears ease'. It's always the same. It's like market sentiment runs entirely on headlines and there's no one to read between the lines. 

Dow Jones Industrial Average futures plummeted, indicating the market would open more than 350 points down on Friday as a result of the news.

Here we go....Trade War, PART xxx:  Trump threatens tariffs on $100 billion more China goods and Beijing ready to strike back

A trade war isn't about winners and losers, it's about who loses the most, so bring it on...

China issued the YuAn for oil deal with the world. War is already here.

This is not trade war, it's a trade gamble with China. And, in worst scenario could be catastrophic for the economy...

Instead comment:  "The Tradefight at the O.K. Corral"

image.png.1eaa59903c766e699057056fc3ef2a48.png

I will just say they hold U.S. debt in the trillions of dollars. And, real danger are not word or tweet, real danger is hasty decision...

No doubt, in trade wars China tries to hit U.S. where it hurts the most. Soyabean farmers. China is by far the largest foreign market for American soyabeans, taking about 56 percent of its $22bn of exports last year. If we know that soyabean farmers are mostly Trump's voters, than we could say how President could stay without their votes.

image.png.66a79a25cdf01f3e16f6a19eaf111d04.png