Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YK

Judge Blocks Rule That Would Have Kicked 700,000 People Off SNAP

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2020/03/14/815748914/judge-blocks-rule-that-would-have-kicked-700-000-people-off-snap

While insane Trump's leadership kills Americans every day and threatens the lives and livelihood of others, it's good to know there are still mechanisms in place that can at least prevent some of the harms finding its intended targets. Trump's disregard toward human life loss and suffering is both shocking and criminal in nature, and I hope Americans will find a way to remove this veritable global threat from power in the upcoming elections. 

• Downvote 2

Alot of us like ol’ Trump and see no reason to get rid of him.

These welfare programs have been abused for decades. Taxpayers are sick of it.

• Like 4

Yoshiro, I find your writing style obscure. Are you for Trump or against him?

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

These welfare programs have been abused for decades. Taxpayers are sick of it.

What a laughable proposition - those who don't have at at least a half-time job get cut off food?  Fix the abuse not cut off the needy.

If passed Walmart would probably switch nearly all employees to 20h/week...

• Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

Yoshiro, you will be pleased to know, as I was, that Walmart and Amazon need SNAP, like poor people. I found an article at npr.org,  like you did:

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/26/736181304/using-food-stamps-for-online-grocery-shopping-is-getting-easier

There are many articles about how much money Walmart makes from food stamps. I just love Walmart and Amazon. Don't you?

If Trump had his way, the mothers would have to cook something cheap for their children, like oatmeal. Or eggs. It is so much better for everybody that they can buy brightly-colored and flavorful cereals. Better for the kids; better for the moms. And it has to be better nutrition because the food the kids love is made in factories.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

What a laughable proposition - those who don't have at at least a half-time job get cut off food?  Fix the abuse not cut off the needy.

If passed Walmart would probably switch nearly all employees to 20h/week...

Where does it say that those 700,000 people are needy? Maybe this is ‘fixing the abuse’.

(edited)

-

Edited by Marcin2
-
  • Like 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

16 hours ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2020/03/14/815748914/judge-blocks-rule-that-would-have-kicked-700-000-people-off-snap

While insane Trump's leadership kills Americans every day and threatens the lives and livelihood of others, it's good to know there are still mechanisms in place that can at least prevent some of the harms finding its intended targets. Trump's disregard toward human life loss and suffering is both shocking and criminal in nature, and I hope Americans will find a way to remove this veritable global threat from power in the upcoming elections. 

Nothing but unsupported claims and virtue signaling here. To hell with you too sir. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

Not the government's job. Charity is a social responsibility of individuals. In the hands of the government it is something entirely different. I reject both your arguments and conclusions. If you think stealing from someone to help another is virtuous, then I say that simply makes you a thief. No virtue involved. If YOU were personally putting money into SNAP or a similar charitable program then I might listen to you. Your criticism comes down to Trump not wanting to be a thief. 

• Upvote 1