Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

Busted? Shell Knew about Oil's Role in Climate Change

An internal document from 1988 reveals Shell knew about climate change and about the effects of the oil industry on the environment. Okay, no big surprise but Shell looks in for some rough times in court. It's an interesting read, by the way. Of course, someone will have to authenticate it first, in this sad age of all sorts of authentic-looking fakes. I mean, I see no major news outlet has yet carried the story.

The climate change is not caused by CO2 as suspected but by concretisation and deforestation. The cO2 levels increasing from 0.03% to 0.04% has hardly much of an effect. The net CO2 may have increased b 35% but the total CO2 is still too small to affect the climate.

The real reason behind Climate change being popularised is as an euphemism for oil depletion. The world is literally run by oil. Plastics, dyes, fertilisers, pesticides, tractors, trucks, paints, nailpolish, shoe polish, PVCs, electrical cables, bakelite, ball-pen ink, nylon, polyester, rayon etc are all dependent on oil.

The news that oil is depleting is a very sensitive one and can induce panic. To avoid giving the news, the West planned a deceptive way of fooling people and getting an excuse to do the same things but without telling the truth - Climate Change. The reality is that the government wants to reduce oil consumption but without telling the people and hence preventing panic.

6 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

An internal document from 1988 reveals Shell knew about climate change and about the effects of the oil industry on the environment. Okay, no big surprise but Shell looks in for some rough times in court. It's an interesting read, by the way. Of course, someone will have to authenticate it first, in this sad age of all sorts of authentic-looking fakes. I mean, I see no major news outlet has yet carried the story.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kshithij Sharma said:

The climate change is not caused by CO2 as suspected but by concretisation and deforestation. The cO2 levels increasing from 0.03% to 0.04% has hardly much of an effect. The net CO2 may have increased b 35% but the total CO2 is still too small to affect the climate.

The real reason behind Climate change being popularised is as an euphemism for oil depletion. The world is literally run by oil. Plastics, dyes, fertilisers, pesticides, tractors, trucks, paints, nailpolish, shoe polish, PVCs, electrical cables, bakelite, ball-pen ink, nylon, polyester, rayon etc are all dependent on oil.

The news that oil is depleting is a very sensitive one and can induce panic. To avoid giving the news, the West planned a deceptive way of fooling people and getting an excuse to do the same things but without telling the truth - Climate Change. The reality is that the government wants to reduce oil consumption but without telling the people and hence preventing panic.

A conspiracy theorist after my own heart! I like it. But I think you give the government far too much credit. 

Right. They're not that smart or such long-term thinkers. But it's true that the climate change alarmism has grown massively since the 90s which is when my earliest memories of it date back. There's money in environmentalism, I guess, and in renewables. It's always about the money, after all.