Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PP

Diamonds Around Us: World’s Most Valuable Diamond Mine Set to Get Even Bigger

Debswana, the joint venture between Anglo American Plc’s De Beers unit and Botswana’s government, is seeking permission to deepen the Jwaneng mine to 830 meters (2,700 feet). The Cut 9 project will extend the mine’s life by 11 years, to 2035, and allow the extraction of a further 50 million carats. Jwaneng, which started full operations in 1982, is the world’s largest diamond producer by value and currently 650 meters deep...

image.png.6e10ed692808c3a3dc5aefb5bfea18aa.png

The big mining company won't back down. Profit is too high. African Blood Diamonds

image.png.23c3e2fea1962d1a2795c0c8535ddc88.png

Three days ago, I read statement how new president looks to wean Botswana off dependence on diamonds. It's easier to say than to do it... Without diamonds, the country has la little chance to improve in any segment. Country with population of about 2 million, has a jobless rate of around 20 percent. Youth unemployment thought is to be much higher....diamonds and control of the state over mines are their only chance.

For any kind of independence they need democracy of society. In Botswana democracy means power of dynasty of Khama and their family friends. So, Mr. new President you still have one party and one family which rules... and poor people and miners which works

image.png.515cfe6af3d2f48efd1746c08b2240ee.png