Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ma

sure be nice if trump would just shut his mouth

this whole ego feeding is producing a lot of unnecessary market volatility

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I disagree. Trump is at least funny. I wouldn't say the same about the Saudi prince, who's plain boring.

Saudi prince doesn't need to be funny. He is rich

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Cokiga Damke said:

Saudi prince doesn't need to be funny. He is rich

Hahah - exactly. He can easily hire a personal comedian to follow him around. Boom. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, cattleman said:

this whole ego feeding is producing a lot of unnecessary market volatility

Politics and politicians from both sides of the aisle are making too much noise and having too big an impact on energy markets. It would be nice if we could just go back to good old fashioned fundamentals

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, J Owens said:

Politics and politicians from both sides of the aisle are making too much noise and having too big an impact on energy markets. It would be nice if we could just go back to good old fashioned fundamentals

Like in the days before the internet? Or the days before Millennials existed? Oh, to dream! I was thinking just yesterday how in the world oil traders managed without all of today's data. How was the EIA and API data disseminated? What about BH rig count?

Twitter, the Facebook (steadfastly will call it that until the day I die), et al makes it too easy to spout off at the mouth with very few consequences. I guess OPEC was left at the mercy of big media, without various talking heads for OPEC firing up a tweet.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Like in the days before the internet? Or the days before Millennials existed? Oh, to dream! I was thinking just yesterday how in the world oil traders managed without all of today's data. How was the EIA and API data disseminated? What about BH rig count?

Twitter, the Facebook (steadfastly will call it that until the day I die), et al makes it too easy to spout off at the mouth with very few consequences. I guess OPEC was left at the mercy of big media, without various talking heads for OPEC firing up a tweet.

The good old days!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CMOP said:

Hahah - exactly. He can easily hire a personal comedian to follow him around. Boom. 

or personal tweet assistant 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cokiga Damke said:

or personal tweet assistant 

maybe he could hire Trump to tweet for him! brilliant. 

• Upvote 1

maybe I was a little harsh, and I am getting the feeling the art of the deal is to shock and awe so your opponent is more likely to settle but I think he could time his announcements after crude closes on Friday, then traders would have all weekend to digest it or maybe worry, maybe I should just trade half as much or not at all until the dust settles, technically crude breaking below the ascending trendline should put the bulls on their heels even tho we had a nice drawdown this week

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1