BB

Pelosi demands Democratic oversight of CV19 Relief Funds . . Nancy please convene a Congressional Investigation as to how VP Biden's Son Hunter was awarded $130 Million Federal bailout loan for 2009 TALF Program.

1 hour ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

They well could be, what took place is being disclosed. Now i ask you what did Flynn plead guilty to and why did he enter his this guilty plea? 

I highly suspect the answer will be crickets...in the night.

Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI during an investigation. Why would a patriot lie to the FBI when they are conducting a counterintelligence investigation to protect the USA from foreign influence? 

(rhetorical, of course: we all know the answer is that it is because Flynn ain't a patriot) 

On 5/14/2020 at 10:50 AM, Dan Warnick said:

What you or I "think" or "assume" does not matter much, does it?  In our legal system, since the FBI had no valid legal basis for interviewing Flynn, and then they did anyway, and then they advised him that he did not need legal representation, and in fact said that "we just want to have a conversation with you", that is considered entrapment under our legal system.  Entrapment is not legal in our legal system.  The only decision possible, in my humble opinion, is to drop all charges. 

Even if the act could be applied to many private individuals, it makes no sense to apply it to an appointee of an incoming administration whose duties include speaking with representatives of foreign governments. In fact, the motion to dismiss admits that “the Logan Act would be difficult to prosecute.” 

This is an important consideration because it means that, contrary to Yates’ testimony, the FBI had no valid legal basis for interviewing Flynn

A police state has no reason to observe legal basis.  Flynn is but one of many victims. Look at Assange. Not to mention killing civilians and daily beatings.  Beware, first are these, next will be you.  

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE SPEAKER PELOSI: HER CRAZY BILL MAY HAVE A DEEP PURPOSE | OPINION by Newt Gingrich

When House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the $3 trillion bill she and her allies had written without any public participation, Republican input or consultation with the U.S. Senate or the White House, my first reaction was that it would be dead on arrival and the move made no sense.

Then, as we learned about the nuttier parts of the bill, it struck me almost as a joke. In fact, I tweeted: "How do you explain a House Democratic Party so crazy that their new $3 trillion proposal has 68 references to Cannabis and only 52 references to jobs? Maybe Speaker Pelosi of San Francisco believes 'California Dreamin' could become the new national anthem."

There are a remarkable number of impossible-to-explain provisions in the bill. Some of them include:

• Providing money to people in the country illegally;
  • Allowing illegal immigrants to work when more than 30 million Americans are out of work;
  • Providing tax-paid funding for abortion (Americans opposed tax paid funding for abortions by 55 percent to 29 percent);
  • Blocking voter identification laws (which 80 percent of Americans favor);
  • Giving state and local governments, which already collect your tax dollars, $1 trillion more of your tax dollars;
  • Giving a tax cut to the richest Americans in blue states; and
  • Imposing a host of other liberal fantasies on Americans.

In fact, the bill is so bad that I had also tweeted: "Trump District Democrats need to be pushed on their support or opposition to the Pelosi $3 trillion bill."

This bill could become a disaster for Democratic candidates if Republicans bear down and focus on it. Republicans will hate the bill. Independents and moderates will find large parts of the bill totally unacceptable. There will be an entire series of issues in which 75 to 85 percent of the country will be deeply opposed to the Pelosi bill.

If this choice of which country we should become were framed as the centerpiece of the U.S. House and U.S. Senate elections this fall, it would probably guarantee a Republican landslide. In this bill, Pelosi and the Democrats are advocating deeply unpopular issues.

(more at the link)

Nancy Pelosi is failing the American people — and for what?

According to Greenpeace, the second stimulus does not include language that would prevent the Trump administration from using taxpayer dollars to bail out the oil and gas industry. And Speaker Pelosi herself has thrown her weight behind a controversial section of the bill that would allow corporate lobbyists (classified by the IRS as “trade groups”) to qualify for Paycheck Protection Program loans meant for struggling small businesses. The only healthcare assistance it provides is an expansion of COBRA subsidies, which does little more than give more money to private health insurers. And workers who have been unemployed for more than 30 days won’t even qualify for those subsidies.

While billion-dollar corporations and their influence-peddling operations are getting help in the latest stimulus package, all ordinary workers have to look forward to so far is another one-time payment of $1200. I don’t know about you, but the initial $1200 payment barely covered my rent, and left me and millions of others to fend for ourselves when trying to pay numerous other monthly expenses like student loans, car payments, utility charges, phone bills, and groceries. And because I’m uninsured, I — and many people like me — could be expected to pay more than $30,000 in out-of-pocket costs in the event of contracting the virus.

Speaker Pelosi could have fought for policies that progressives have pushed for in both chambers. Senators Kamala Harris (D-CA), Ed Markey (D-MA), and Bernie Sanders (I-VT) are pushing for regular monthly payments of $2,000 for all Americans during the crisis, and for three months after the crisis. Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) is advocating for a salary guarantee for Americans earning up to $90,000. Sen. Sanders is fighting for all Americans’ healthcare expenses to be covered by Medicare during the pandemic. Any concern over the cost of these proposals should be laughed out of the room, given how quickly trillions of dollars were injected into financial markets at the onset of the pandemic.

Pelosi is in an even better position to push for these policies herself, since Democrats run the House, and since Democrats will all follow her lead as Speaker. By daring Republicans to vote against a relief package for working-class Americans during an election year, Pelosi may even win valuable concessions. Instead, she’s playing prevent defense and letting down millions of destitute workers in the process.

Speaker Pelosi isn’t just failing as a legislator — she’s failing at basic politics. Given that most Americans either have no current employment or know someone currently unemployed, backing bold policies to keep money in workers’ pockets and food in their refrigerators should be a political no-brainer. 

(more at the link)

(edited)

On 5/15/2020 at 2:21 PM, BradleyPNW said:

Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI during an investigation. Why would a patriot lie to the FBI when they are conducting a counterintelligence investigation to protect the USA from foreign influence? 

(rhetorical, of course: we all know the answer is that it is because Flynn ain't a patriot) 

The actual history and plea agreement<<<<Notice PLEA AGREEMENT.

Note here Flynn's son was faced with prosecution and financial ruin if he Flynn did not enter this plea agreement..And one that either Muller of Flynn could vacate at any time if the results were unsatisfactory.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/495366-something-seems-rotten-in-flynns-case-and-maybe-others-too

The actual plea agreement...Notice a rather pecuilar statement. https://www.justice.gov/file/1015126/download

These facts DO NOT constitute all of the facts known to the parties concerning the CHARGED OFFENSES...

The FBI withheld the facts knowingly in these charges, those facts would be the transcripts of the phone call..the actual conversations. Flynn stated many times I do not recall the entireity of the conversations...the FBI had them and has hid from the court and Flynn..

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/14/politics/flynn-kislyak-transcripts-secret/index.html

The FBI and Muller strong armed Flynn into this plea agreement and now the real truth will be known as to who lied and who did not lie...

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 2