Here she is in all her glory, Elizabeth May, the Leader of Canada's Green Party, who has publicly declared the entire Canadian oil industry to be "dead" and not worth spending one thin dime on.  Never mind the hundreds of thousands of jobs, mostly in Alberta, nor the big contribution to Canada's GNP; this Member of Parliament from the Gulf Islands of far-Left British Columbia wants to dump it all.  Just lovely:

image.png.773d6d8fd75a90c4d9a2f6e2040c0794.png

Strident, arrogant, and angry, she makes a lovely neighbor.  Get off my lawn!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Aha, the storied Canadian Looney, eh?  Not to be confused with the loonie, which is the Canadian one-dollar coin.

Well, I can't wait.  Let us have some of your best stories about her.  Do you have some real jaw-droppers, whoppers or ROTFLMAO-belly-slapping material you can share with us poor, isolated, Raphus cucullatus (Dodos)?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dont forget about rachel nutley, the crazy eyed Karen hair that wore a cowboy hat backwards at the calgary stampede but is advertised as a "country girl born and raised" she also appointed tezporah berman of stand earth to the oil sands advisory board. Berman is a life long opponent to the oil sands and famously known for calling fort mcmurray mordor. Both nutface notley and tezporah snaggletooth were present when shell canada left a  meeting with the advisory board in 2017 and said right into the cameras "we aren't spending another cent in Alberta" and proceeded to sell all of their canadian assets. That was the start of the capital flight and we never recovered to this day. I imagine the shell directors who decided to sell it all (for back then still a decent price) are laughing at everyone else who couldn't read in between the lines. 

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

Sad, that ^^

• Like 2

Keith, who is the person in the 4th picture?  Very pensive.

Just now, Jan van Eck said:

Keith, who is the person in the 4th picture?  Very pensive.

3rd and 4th is tezporah berman. The one and only. Appointed to Alberta's oil sands advisory board. Previously an anti oil protestor. Left the advisory board in 2018 and became a ring leader of the kinder Morgan pipeline blockades immediately afterwards. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Do go on, gents.  If you please.

• Haha 1

Its quite interesting to see environmentalist get up on their bandwagon and end oil production in Canada. 

I do believe at one time Canda was on a trajectory to outpace the US in its economic vitality. Perhaps the foundation of its current stability.

What is far more troubling more than probably oil producing rouge state's will pick up the lack of output...Iran..Venezuela...Iraq...Russia etc etc. State sponsored terrorism will once again get a footing...Quite a environment we all want to live in.

One could easily chart the drop of oil and terrorism quite easily..it would eye opening to see how these environmentalists would respond. A highly indignant reaction comes to mind...I for one would rather enjoy seeing these individuals feet held to the fire.

It was not to long ago Hamas was whining there money was drying up and forced them into glad handing on the world stage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

I do believe at one time Canda was on a trajectory to outpace the US in its economic vitality. Perhaps the foundation of its current stability.

Approximately when do you think the reversal started happening?  What year(s)?

(edited)

1 hour ago, Dan Warnick said:

Approximately when do you think the reversal started happening?  What year(s)?

I believe it was 2007 at its peak, once upon a time Canada supplied 50% of american oil, it was at the same time Buffet endorsed Obama's capital gains tax...Next up Obama kills the pipeline and then Buffet buys Burlington Northern railroad...And wins  exclusive oil contract carrying Canadian oil on BN tankers cars....One just cant make this up....

https://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-has-stopped-giving-us-money-top-hamas-official-says/

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

I hate to say it but...if every proposed project went ahead in alberta there would be an extra 2 million barrels a day coming out of Alberta into an already over supplied market. Since 2014 new projects have been delayed and made difficult to complete. Some made it through. Fort hills was already under construction and completed in 2018 but the pipelines needed were still delayed and we hit a supply crunch. Fort hills is operating at 50% capacity now. Suncor also scrapped the Voyager upgrader around 2015 I think. Now we have alberta politicians (last year at least) talking about badly needing more refineries in alberta. Well friggin geezus maybe you should ask suncor why they demolished a 25% built oil upgrader in 2015 and re purposed the land into a tire recycling yard? 

You could hear it in their tone, the leftie climate prophets. "We just KNOW ok we know and you dont! Dont over build! Trust us! 

Yes because we should of known that there would be a global shut down and lock down. They were all shit talk and no action then in 2020 they actually fucking did it. Welcome to the green new deal. Where fossil fuels are replaced with nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

Interesting take on Burlington Northern.  I first heard of Buffet many years ago in an Andrew Tobias book.  I took a flyer and bought one share of Berkshire Hathaway for $4500.00.  Six months later I sold it for $5,000.00 and bought a rent house (I know, I know).

But I did study Buffet. He preaches buying companies that have what he calls "pricing power".  When I was young, I thought that meant companies that were so good at what they did they could simply raise prices on the merit of the goods and services they provided.  Now, I know he meant monopolies.  If you don't believe this, I suggest you try to get some shelf space in a supermarket for your new cola and see what lengths Coke will go to to prevent it.  It is no accident that he is buddies with Bill gates.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, john bozeman said:

But I did study Buffet. He preaches buying companies that have what he calls "pricing power".

When Buffett was asked why he bought the Burlington Railroad, he replied quite candidly:  "Because it is basically a monopoly and I can do what I want, the Regulators are light-handed."   Pricing power, indeed!

This is nothing new to Buffett.  I was in Nebraska around 1982 looking at a new plant site, and the smallish town electrical power plant managers told me they had just spent $7 millioon to build their own rail spur to a competing railroad, so that they would not be at the whim and mercy of the rail line that ran through their town.  Blowing $7 million just to have access to an alternte shipping company is quite a statement.  That coal plant used quite a few carloads of coal, and their existing rail vendor ws (obviously) taking advantage of their monopoly pricing power to charge the world.   And therein lies a fundamental business mistake:  never jerk the customer's chain, eventually he will get fed up and tell you to take a hike!

• Like 2

I have heard that the railroads have the North Dakota legislators sewn up as well.  

• Like 2

I cant help but add this one guys. Catherine mckenna  AKA climate barbie DsGHlPzWwAAv1Aj.thumb.jpg.09e31f87e4096f9651854286080acc3c.jpgis mandatory studying material in the world of canadian politics. 

Here she is posing for a photo op. She rides a bicycle to work! She wants everyone to know this. Except here is the uncropped picture. Oh look, high heels. Can you show us how you ride your bike in high heels? 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

On a windy day?

Continuing on with the bangable milf's  who's who in the canadian oil patch we have sonya savage! Not only is her name badass, but she is also possessed by demons! She used to work for enbridge, but now she is commonly seen hovering inches away from jason kenny's right ear at all times. She loves pipelines so much that's all you will ever hear her talk about. Is she even an MP? I....maybe?? Or a lobbyist or both? 

I am so glad Alberta spent millions of dollars creating the Canadian energy centre. I have no idea what the canadian energy centre even does. It's not the canadian energy regulator. It's a government funded think tank also dubbed the "war room" I emailed their media representative once to ask them what they do there but I never got a reply. 

SonyaSavageGoA-284x300-1.png

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

2 minutes ago, Keith boyd said:

Continuing on with the bangable milf's  who's who in the canadian oil patch we have sonya savage! Not only is her name badass, but she is also possessed by demons! She used to work for enbridge, but now she is commonly seen hovering inches away from jason kenny's right ear at all times. She loves pipelines so much that's all you will ever hear her talk about. Is she even an MP? I....maybe?? Or a lobbyist or both? 

I am so glad Alberta spent millions of dollars creating the Canadian energy centre. I have no idea what the canadian energy centre even does. It's not the canadian energy regulator. It's a government funded think tank also dubbed the "war room" I emailed their media representative once to ask them what they do there but I never got a reply. 

Yes, much too busy to respond to the little people.  Harumph!

Edited by Dan Warnick

3 minutes ago, Keith boyd said:

Canada does have some beautiful ladies, I'll give you that.

4 minutes ago, Keith boyd said:

What is enbridge?

5 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

What is enbridge?

Canada's largest pipeline operator. Their mainline system exports 2.9million barrels a day to the USA.  It's our ONLY export capability. The rest of canada's oil is used in canada.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Keith boyd said:

Canada's largest pipeline operator. Their mainline system exports 2.9million barrels a day to the USA.  It's our ONLY export capability. The rest of canada's oil is used in canada.  

Ok, thanks.  And she likes it, is that right?

1 minute ago, Dan Warnick said:

Ok, thanks.  And she likes it, is that right?

I'm not messing with you.  I just like posting her photo.  :) 

(edited)

1 hour ago, Keith boyd said:

I cant help but add this one guys. Catherine mckenna  AKA climate barbie DsGHlPzWwAAv1Aj.thumb.jpg.09e31f87e4096f9651854286080acc3c.jpgis mandatory studying material in the world of canadian politics. 

Here she is posing for a photo op. She rides a bicycle to work! She wants everyone to know this. Except here is the uncropped picture. Oh look, high heels. Can you show us how you ride your bike in high heels? 

maxresdefault.jpg

Try to keep up, she is no longer the minister of the environment.

I think she is pretty but that dosen't make her less smart.

Edited by Enthalpic