Tom Kirkman

Obamagate Is Not a Conspiracy Theory

#Obamagate is not going away, no matter how much Twitter tries to censor it from its Twitter Trending lists worldwide.

Pretty amazing to see this article on Yahoo News, sourced from National Review, which are both staunchly anti-Trump.

For reference about National Review, see this from 2016:

669312541_nationalreviewagainsttrump2016crop.thumb.jpg.7bec0aa74a9906472a96ea19783f1b79.jpg

Anyway, on to the Yahoo / National Review article:

Obamagate Is Not a Conspiracy Theory

Those sharing #Obamagate hashtags on Twitter would do best to avoid the hysterics we saw from Russian-collusion believers, but they have no reason to ignore the mounting evidence that suggests the Obama administration engaged in serious corruption.

Democrats and their allies, who like to pretend that President Obama’s only scandalous act was wearing a tan suit, are going spend the next few months gaslighting the public by focusing on the most feverish accusations against Obama. But the fact is that we already have more compelling evidence that the Obama administration engaged in misconduct than we ever did for opening the Russian-collusion investigation.

It is not conspiracy-mongering to note that the investigation into Trump was predicated on an opposition-research document filled with fabulism and, most likely, Russian disinformation. We know the DOJ withheld contradictory evidence when it began spying on those in Trump’s orbit. We have proof that many of the relevant FISA-warrant applications — almost every one of them, actually — were based on “fabricated” evidence or riddled with errors. We know that members of the Obama administration, who had no genuine role in counterintelligence operations, repeatedly unmasked Trump’s allies. And we now know that, despite a dearth of evidence, the FBI railroaded Michael Flynn into a guilty plea so it could keep the investigation going.

What’s more, the larger context only makes all of these facts more damning. By 2016, the Obama administration’s intelligence community had normalized domestic spying. Obama’s director of national intelligence, James Clapper, famously lied about snooping on American citizens to Congress. His CIA director, John Brennan, oversaw an agency that felt comfortable spying on the Senate, with at least five of his underlings breaking into congressional computer files. His attorney general, Eric Holder, invoked the Espionage Act to spy on a Fox News journalist, shopping his case to three judges until he found one who let him name the reporter as a co-conspirator. The Obama administration also spied on Associated Press reporters, which the news organization called a “massive and unprecedented intrusion.” And though it’s been long forgotten, Obama officials were caught monitoring the conversations of members of Congress who opposed the Iran nuclear deal.

What makes anyone believe these people wouldn’t create a pretext to spy on the opposition party? If anyone does, they shouldn’t, because on top of everything else, we know that Barack Obama was keenly interested in the Russian-collusion investigation’s progress.

In her very last hour in office, national-security adviser Susan Rice wrote a self-preserving email to herself, noting that she’d attended a meeting with the president, Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, FBI director James Comey, and Vice President Joe Biden in which Obama stressed that everything in the investigation should proceed “by the book.”

Did high-ranking Obama-administration officials not always conduct such investigations “by the book”? It is curious that they would need to be specifically instructed to do so. It is also curious that the outgoing national-security adviser, 15 minutes after Trump had been sworn in as president, would need to mention this meeting.

None of this means that Obama committed some specific crime; he almost assuredly did not. In a healthy media environment, though, the mounting evidence of wrongdoing would spark an outpouring of journalistic curiosity.

“But,” you might ask, “why does it matter, anymore?” Well, for one thing, many of the same characters central to all this apparent malfeasance now want to retake power in Washington. Biden is the Democratic Party’s presumptive presidential nominee, he’s running as the heir to Obama’s legacy, and he was at that meeting with Rice. He had denied even knowing anything about the FBI investigation into Flynn before being forced to correct himself after ABC’s George Stephanopoulos pointed out that he was mentioned in Rice’s email. It’s completely legitimate to wonder what he knew about the investigation.

Skeptics like to point out that the Obama administration had no motive to engage in abuse, because Democrats were sure they were going to win. Richard Nixon won 49 states in 1972. His cronies had no need to break into the DNC’s offices and touch off Watergate. But as the FBI agents involved in the case noted, they wanted to have an “insurance policy” if the unthinkable happened.

In 2016, the unthinkable did happen, and we’re still dealing with the fallout four years later. We don’t know where this scandal will end up, but one doesn’t have to be a conspiracy theorist to wonder.

===================================

===================================

ComeyKnewLiedSpiedOverthrow.thumb.jpg.fe9f1901b1f47bad26c679a7be64a2b9.jpg

833687873_Fittonexplainsspygate.png.be5655a5a2edbf8ea0852a4a6ff27006.png

obamagate_brackets.png.4bded87a7c1ca4461de14f6bda0de1d7.png

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Obamagate is not going away ??? Just another Trump delusion that everyone is out to get him. In reality Trump is losing it.

• Great Response! 2
  • Haha 3
  • Rolling Eye 3

(edited)

After awhile, you simply have to give Trump (and his team) the credit he's due.  He is a master manipulator, extremely skilled, moreso than he gets credit for.  In the midst of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, he has again gone back to his key steps.  

First, since the nation and the world is in a crisis and he doesn't want to be associated with causing it (he didn't), create a distraction.  SQUIRREL!  Look at something else people, look, look over here, look away from anything that might look bad on me.  I'm not even saying there's nothing to the latest scandal.  There likely is but these things have been around for 3 years plus.

Second, give the overall concept/distraction a nickname (Obamagate).  Be fairly vague about it and let the details, right or wrong, seep out, perhaps by insinuation.  Let it run....

Third, repeat it every chance you get and get the base and multiple media doing the same.  Make sure you use terms "greatest", "best ever", "by far" OR "in the history of the world" in whatever the message is.

BOOM.  Focus moves away from the real issues here, the important issues.  The discussion becomes about other things, in 3 easy steps.  

Edited by UNC12345
  • Like 3
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Be consistent with your belief, it's an act of GOD.

9 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

sourced from National Review, which are both staunchly anti-Trump

BUt take a look at the authors in that 1996 cover set of articles.  You have Glenn Beck and Billy Kristol.  Those guys are part of The Establishment, at least that is how they think of themselves.  Does anyone seriously think that Billy Kristol is going to welcome a brash outsider, a man he considers trash, into his Private Club?   No chance.  

I don't take Billy Kristol seriously; the man is a hack.  You shouldn't, either.  'Nuff said. 

(edited)

This is Comey's mansion in very tony Westport, Connecticut, worth several million dollars.  Note the TRUMP sign on the front lawn for the last election!  Then Trump gets elected and Comey gets fired.  You have to laugh at these guys:

image.png.07e0a7bed1c8e77e51a58c35027df991.png

Edited by Jan van Eck
corrected spelling of "Westport"
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jee said:

God is part of the base!

• Great Response! 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Jan van Eck said:

BUt take a look at the authors in that 1996 cover set of articles.  You have Glenn Beck and Billy Kristol.  Those guys are part of The Establishment, at least that is how they think of themselves.  Does anyone seriously think that Billy Kristol is going to welcome a brash outsider, a man he considers trash, into his Private Club?   No chance.  

I don't take Billy Kristol seriously; the man is a hack.  You shouldn't, either.  'Nuff said. 

Didn't you hear?  Glenn Beck has "converted".  But that cover you speak of was from before he converted; he USED to be a HUGE (or yuge) Anti.  Anyway, I highly recommend everyone give Glenn a chance and watch the video to the end.  You might be surprised by a thing or two.

Edited by Dan Warnick

5 hours ago, UNC12345 said:

After awhile, you simply have to give Trump (and his team) the credit he's due.  He is a master manipulator, extremely skilled, moreso than he gets credit for.  In the midst of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, he has again gone back to his key steps.  

First, since the nation and the world is in a crisis and he doesn't want to be associated with causing it (he didn't), create a distraction.  SQUIRREL!  Look at something else people, look, look over here, look away from anything that might look bad on me.  I'm not even saying there's nothing to the latest scandal.  There likely is but these things have been around for 3 years plus.

Second, give the overall concept/distraction a nickname (Obamagate).  Be fairly vague about it and let the details, right or wrong, seep out, perhaps by insinuation.  Let it run....

Third, repeat it every chance you get and get the base and multiple media doing the same.  Make sure you use terms "greatest", "best ever", "by far" OR "in the history of the world" in whatever the message is.

BOOM.  Focus moves away from the real issues here, the important issues.  The discussion becomes about other things, in 3 easy steps.  

To be perfectly clear this is nothing new. I've been calling it Obamagate since before Trump was inaugurated! It was obvious Obama was running a criminal enterprise, and people like me got to be shouted down by people like you, apologists for evil that you are. When truth came out, you screamed whataboutism and when it was conjecture you cried conspiracy theory. You and your ilk have never changed. But nice try yet again at deflecting. I'm sure it works on your low intellect peers.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

4 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

This is Comey's mansion in very tony Westpot, Connecticut, worth several million dollars.  Note the TRUMP sign on the front lawn for the last election!  Then Trump gets elected and Comey gets fired.  You have to laugh at these guys:

image.png.07e0a7bed1c8e77e51a58c35027df991.png

I don't believe he placed that sign for one nanosecond. Not as the FBI director. Field agents aren't even allowed to show partisanship publicly. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

To be perfectly clear this is nothing new. I've been calling it Obamagate since before Trump was inaugurated! It was obvious Obama was running a criminal enterprise, and people like me got to be shouted down by people like you, apologists for evil that you are.

Anything relevant to what I actually wrote?  You're so anxious to fight with people, be right, and call people names that apparently you completely forgot to address the point of the post, which was really a discussion of his clear political strategy.  But I hope you do feel better about yourself though. It seems like you need that.  I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

I'm not even saying there's nothing to the latest scandal. 

So, not apologizing for "evil" at all, fully admitting there is something there.  I love how you jump right to the end of the earth!  EVIL!  Get a grip brother.  And you're not a Trump apologist?  As someone else wrote on here somewhere,  carry on Trump solider carry on!

I don't believe he placed that sign for one nanosecond. Not as the FBI director. Field agents aren't even allowed to show partisanship publicly. 

I think I'd have to agree about the sign.  And as for not showing partisanship, they have tried their best, haven't they!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

God is part of the base!

Episode 1 of the Judgement Day trilogy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UNC12345 said:

Anything relevant to what I actually wrote?  You're so anxious to fight with people, be right, and call people names that apparently you completely forgot to address the point of the post, which was really a discussion of his clear political strategy.  But I hope you do feel better about yourself though. It seems like you need that.  I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

So, not apologizing for "evil" at all, fully admitting there is something there.  I love how you jump right to the end of the earth!  EVIL!  Get a grip brother.  And you're not a Trump apologist?  As someone else wrote on here somewhere,  carry on Trump solider carry on!

You're the one who insinuated, I'm the one who called you out on it. You're the Democratic Party apologist calling people who respect rule of law Trump soldiers? All while ignoring what your side has been doing since Trump was duly elected and long before his inauguration? Seriously? 

• Upvote 4
  • Rolling Eye 1

8 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

To be perfectly clear this is nothing new. I've been calling it Obamagate since before Trump was inaugurated! It was obvious Obama was running a criminal enterprise, and people like me got to be shouted down by people like you, apologists for evil that you are. When truth came out, you screamed whataboutism and when it was conjecture you cried conspiracy theory. You and your ilk have never changed. But nice try yet again at deflecting. I'm sure it works on your low intellect peers.

Part Two of the Obama Administration Scandals

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11axnqv_b3L2k9CD6HWNMwrdIECJZSxowxjO4RIc-rbE/edit  The available facts are all here. Demoncrats don't care though. They make up their truth on a daily basis to fit their agenda. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Jee said:

Is a pandemic an ‘Act of God’ or not? 

• Haha 1

Starting at 24 minutes 20 seconds (video already cued).  Interviewing a brick wall. 

If you are not aware of the massive, deliberate, [knowing] depth and scale of the Spygate / Obamagate / Bidengate / Unmasking / Insurance Policy scandals, then you may not appreciate my laugh out loud amusement of the unending spew of denials / projection / attacks from the screeching brick wall being interviewed.  Simply breathtaking in the brick wall's deliberate goal post moving / deflection / unwillingness to answer, repeatedly. 

The meltdown panic is a sight to behold. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Starting at 24 minutes 20 seconds (video already cued).  Interviewing a brick wall. 

If you are not aware of the massive, deliberate, [knowing] depth and scale of the Spygate / Obamagate / Bidengate / Unmasking / Insurance Policy scandals, then you may not appreciate my laugh out loud amusement of the unending spew of denials / projection / attacks from the screeching brick wall being interviewed.  Simply breathtaking in the brick wall's deliberate goal post moving / deflection / unwillingness to answer, repeatedly.  The panic is a sight to behold. 

Wow.  My ears hurt!  Is that Joe's choice for running mate?  LOL!

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Wow.  My ears hurt!  Is that Joe's choice for running mate?  LOL!

That was painful to both watch...and hear!😂

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

You're the one who insinuated, I'm the one who called you out on it. You're the Democratic Party apologist calling people who respect rule of law Trump soldiers? All while ignoring what your side has been doing since Trump was duly elected and long before his inauguration? Seriously? 

Well, to be honest, speaking of seriousness, I've stopped expecting that from the debate/discussion here.  Anyone slightly left of way right gets jumped on immediately! LOL  It's sorta amusing to read and I need that these days.  And I am not clearly on one side.  I'm actually in the middle to a large extent, and see the idiocy of both sides at times and the non-stop and nonsensical fighting over everything.  If you read the full comments, you might see some "middle" in there from time to time.  

The standard argument here is, for example, Trump/GOP/Republicans and the ENTIRE RIGHT is wrong/criminal, etc. for reasons A,B,C.  The entire other side then piles on by not defending any of those things , but launching the case that Obama/Biden/Clinton/liberal/Democrats and the ENTIRE LEFT were criminal/wrong, etc. during the entire time they were in office.  Fun to read at times, exhausting at others.  Polarization that's never been seen before, I believe anyway.

Are you really, seriously, saying that Trump (by extension) respects the rule of law and the institutions of the country?  And don't launch into an attack on Obama, let's assume that all your conspiracy and other theories are true for the time being.  He did manage to last for 8 years without being impeached but hey, that whole episode was a farce too, right? 

I'll stop at saying this:  I absolutely 100% cannot fathom or understand people (many on here) who actually believe that this entire episode of economic misery (for years to come), human suffering, dying and upheaval in almost the entire world was somehow a deliberate plot/scheme/conspiracy to get Donald Trump out of office.  It absolutely boggles my mind and just shows how far people are willing to go in terms of the defense of their side.  That's switching gears a bit I know, but I still think it has relevance here in terms of demonstrating the mindset.

In Tom's words, carry on.

2 hours ago, UNC12345 said:

Well, to be honest, speaking of seriousness, I've stopped expecting that from the debate/discussion here.  Anyone slightly left of way right gets jumped on immediately! LOL  It's sorta amusing to read and I need that these days.  And I am not clearly on one side.  I'm actually in the middle to a large extent, and see the idiocy of both sides at times and the non-stop and nonsensical fighting over everything.  If you read the full comments, you might see some "middle" in there from time to time.  

The standard argument here is, for example, Trump/GOP/Republicans and the ENTIRE RIGHT is wrong/criminal, etc. for reasons A,B,C.  The entire other side then piles on by not defending any of those things , but launching the case that Obama/Biden/Clinton/liberal/Democrats and the ENTIRE LEFT were criminal/wrong, etc. during the entire time they were in office.  Fun to read at times, exhausting at others.  Polarization that's never been seen before, I believe anyway.

Are you really, seriously, saying that Trump (by extension) respects the rule of law and the institutions of the country?  And don't launch into an attack on Obama, let's assume that all your conspiracy and other theories are true for the time being.  He did manage to last for 8 years without being impeached but hey, that whole episode was a farce too, right? 

I'll stop at saying this:  I absolutely 100% cannot fathom or understand people (many on here) who actually believe that this entire episode of economic misery (for years to come), human suffering, dying and upheaval in almost the entire world was somehow a deliberate plot/scheme/conspiracy to get Donald Trump out of office.  It absolutely boggles my mind and just shows how far people are willing to go in terms of the defense of their side.  That's switching gears a bit I know, but I still think it has relevance here in terms of demonstrating the mindset.

In Tom's words, carry on.

Your Reductio ad absurdum arguments are duly noted. Fail. I'll not bother to rebut such. 

The most mouth breathing, 100% communist, eat the rich liberals I've ever met, and I've met plenty (including relatives I avoid whenever possible) all have one thing in common. None of them admit to being liberal. Like you, they claim they're "middle". It always leaves me wondering, who the hell could be left of them and how out of touch are they to imagine they're somehow in the middle of a Poisson distribution of political ideologies? I've never once read a "middle" comment from you but who the hell knows what goes on in your head? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

If there's one thing I can assume about you, I'd say you have no idea what the middle is, have never visited there, and can't offer a qualified opinion on the neighborhood in any way.

• Rolling Eye 2

(edited)

22 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Even low-level civil servants were not allowed to put up lawn signs under Harper. Essentially a 100% gag order.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Your Reductio ad absurdum arguments are duly noted. Fail.

Well, I had to look that one up as it's been a while since I took Philosophy 100.  I understand what it means but I don't personally think it applies here.  Maybe you with your grand intellect can enlighten me.  I feel like I've been making observations for the most part, but I think perhaps they are more accurate than you are willing to admit, hence the vile spewed my way.

The most mouth breathing, 100% communist, eat the rich liberals

Extreme, no?  C'mon man, bring it back from the edge.

None of them admit to being liberal. Like you, they claim they're "middle". It always leaves me wondering, who the hell could be left of them and how out of touch are they to imagine they're somehow in the middle of a Poisson distribution of political ideologies?

I think lots of people admit to it, and it certainly means different things to many people.  The fact that no one admits to being liberal around you is quite understandable.  Are you kidding me?  Imagine the aggressive attack they'd face for having a different view?  Why bother?  This is where you go down the wrong road.  Someone who holds a different opinion than you is simply that.  They aren't an evil person, deserving of ridicule because they have a different view of the world.  I don't know why it has come to this.