Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CM

Apple Says It’s Now Powered by 100 Percent Renewable Energy Worldwide

Apple announced that its business is now powered by 100 percent renewable energy sources. This news is a major victory for this company which has been working toward for years through the purchase of green energy bonds and other renewable investments in its supply chain and physical infrastructure. It comes just one week after Google announced that it now purchases enough renewable energy to offset its global energy consumption. 

I applaud their effort, even if I doubt they’re 100% renewable for stores unless they have their own solar power array on the roof which is hard to be possible. 

Whatever. I’m pleased that both companies are making these huge investments in our planet’s future.

Apple is on a good way in that regard. They should keep investing in that sector. Maybe next step should be iPhones charged using renewable energy.

I want hard proof not grand statements.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2018 at 9:12 PM, Adam Varga said:

I applaud their effort, even if I doubt they’re 100% renewable for stores unless they have their own solar power array on the roof which is hard to be possible. 

What they mean is that Apple has built enough renewable energy capacity to cover the usage of the entire company. But the other side of this story is that iPhone is assembled in other parts of the world using materials typically mined by notoriously dirty method. 

As far as I know they are working on that too. They have commitments from 23 of its suppliers to go  a 100 % renewable by 2020 but probably will have to invest in 4 new gigawatts of renewable capacity to offset all that.