Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Douglas Buckland

Backlash Against Chinese

I have a serious question for you guys and gals.

Do you see a backlash against Chinese citizens, residents, tourists in the countries which you reside in?

I was told today, by a Malaysian Chinese individual that many Chinese, not necessarily from China, are now afraid to travel overseas, especially to the USA, because of a perceived animosity towards Chinese in Western countries.

The ‘local’ news concerns are apparently saying that, due to Trump’s continuous China bashing, that there is a global backlash against ethnic Chinese now.

I do not want this thread to ‘go political’ I am simply interested in what you are seeing in your various countries.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Do you see a backlash against Chinese citizens, residents, tourists in the countries which you reside in?

I was told today, by a Malaysian Chinese individual that many Chinese, not necessarily from China, are now afraid to travel overseas, especially to the USA, because of a perceived animosity towards Chinese in Western countries.

The ‘local’ news concerns are apparently saying that, due to Trump’s continuous China bashing, that there is a global backlash against ethnic Chinese now.

I do not want this thread to ‘go political’ I am simply interested in what you are seeing in your various countries.

Thanks in advance!

No

That's due to CCP Propaganda Campaign.

When the Coronavirus first broke out in U.S. the Democrats went to the local Chinatown's and Chinese restaurants to put out narrative that Trump is Xenophobic because he stopped flights from China.  

Communist Party Secretary General Xi and House Majority Leader Pelosi both want U.S. economy to fail , albeit for different reasons. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, BLA said:

When the Coronavirus first broke out in U.S. the Democrats went to the local Chinatown's and Chinese restaurants to put out narrative that Trump is Xenophobic because he stopped flights from China.  

Communist Party Secretary General Xi and House Majority Leader Pelosi both want U.S. economy to fail , albeit for different reasons. 

Actually, they want the U.S. economy to fail so they can blame Trump and get rid of Trump.

It's just another version of TDS hysteria.

Trump Derangement Syndrome gets tiring.

1346029646_praisingtrumpshotonsite.thumb.jpg.55da2058bd50eb69f09b277c183c533c.jpg

https://twitter.com/adirem1220/status/1262620610032738304

Nah, people here in Europe are not as gullible and easily manipulable into a hostile frenzy. Americans did not mind Chinese workers working for a dime manufacturing all those nice consumer goods, so now it's only fair they reap the consequences of their representatives' decisions. The globalization game was the "way forward" till it kept you on top, but now that the tables are turned, it's time to change the rules, right?

(edited)

On 5/19/2020 at 4:29 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

Thanks in advance!

I have not seen firsthand, but this is reported in the news.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52714804

Edited by Hotone