Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VK

BP Teams Up With Tesla to Venture Into Battery Storage For Windfarm

BP has teamed up with Tesla to build its first battery storage project at one of its U.S. windfarms as part of a strategy to expand its renewable energy business. Tesla will supply the 212 megawatt/840 megawatt hour battery at BP’s Titan 1 windfarm in South Dakota in the second half of this year. It operates 12 other windfarms in the United States. BP estimates renewables could account for around 10 percent of global energy demand by 2035, up from 4 percent currently.

I would love to invest in this. Can anyone tell me how to do so?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sean webber said:

Personally, I wouldn't invest in much of anything right now. The market is responding to headlines and tweets and it only works for day traders who get in and out. But when it comes to Tesla, I'm not sure. I'd wait for a bigger dip before I bought it. 

• Like 1

Thank you I really have know idea even how to invest. Just tired of watching everyone get paid but me. 

• Like 1

I'm not an investing expert myself but even those who are would have a hard time to give advise about Tesla. This stock has defied logic for a very long time, but investors are now losing patience. If it dips enough ... in the long term, I'm sure it's a winner. 

Well I am happy to see BP is slowly waking up and doing a deal with my favorite company! Hopefully, Tesla can wake up other oil majors as well.

I think most oil companies will be doing something different 10-20 years from now and most car manufacturers will be producing mostly EVs. Some companies will probably move too slow and die.

11 hours ago, Sean webber said:

It means investing in either Tesla at large or BP. Tesla, as Selvedina so accurately put it, has defied the market with its stock price for a long time, but presently it's feeling a bit of heat. It's an expensive stock to buy, too. But if you've never played the stock market before, now isn't the best time to jump in. It's incredibly volatile.