Jay McKinsey

60 mph electric mopeds

(edited)

23 hours ago, James Regan said:

Netflix just launched Season 9 of Walking Dead- mind boggles....

Just to get back on topic someone sent me this yesterday about how the Scots (not Scotch) handled DT, if your offended by Scottish swear words don't watch it, we are a bit blunt at time. Skirtwearers had him sussed LMAO.

The 2 fingers up does not mean peace or victory, does it?

Edited by Dan Warnick
or, not of
  • Great Response! 1

1 hour ago, Dan Warnick said:

The 2 fingers up does not mean peace of victory, does it?

No, that’s her IQ.

• Haha 4

On 5/26/2020 at 3:09 AM, James Regan said:

This will be my last one dont want to bore anyone too much, this is the St Ninian Cross roads the first slight curve after the start before they had down Bray Hill at 180mph, this shows you the reality and skill, dont blink.

Now let y\us just take a moment to examine the underlying physics.   These fellows doing 180 have kinetic energy that is measured as the square of the velocity, multiplied by their mass; setting aside the constants, the speed variable input into the calculation of kinetic energy becomes:

Kinetic energy ==  (f) (v)(v)   where v=180,  or 32,400 units. 

Now, at a more sedate 85 nph, our rider is storing up his kinetic energy  == 7,225 units. 

At 60 mph, which is plenty fast enough, the rider is showing: = 3,600 units.   Yes, you double the energy you have to dissipate when going from 60 to 85, that 25 mph increase.  And you have nine times the energy to deal with at that 185 mph.

OK, so our intrepid rider will bounce and skid along for 800 feet if he falls off at 60 mph; we know that from measuring the distance from the wreck point to where the cops find the cadaver out on the Interstate, all banged up. Nine times that is a whopping 2,700 feet, or at least one-half mile, of skidding along before the frictional resistnce of ground and air finally stops our boy, and that assumes it is not raining.   What this means  is that if our intrepid rider, above, misses the turn going into the village down by the seashore and heads off the cliff, his bike should continue to somewhere out in the middle of the Irish Sea before sinking.  As to the rider, well, if he is a Scotsman, he should just skip along like a skimming pebble all the way North to Scotland itself before he runs out of steam, where he hopefully finds a nice little patch of beach to go land on.  Dusting himself off, our stalwart rider goes up the bluff, there to be greeted by a Bonnie Lass with a big hug and a kiss.  Hey, why not.  Good for the ego, anyway. 

Happy motoring, James!

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

That said, I bet you a dollar to a donut, that these bikes do not run stock brakes!😂

Think about these guy’s (don’t know if any gals have competed in the TT yet... @James Regan) reaction times!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jan van Eck said:

OK, so our intrepid rider will bounce and skid along for 800 feet if he falls off at 60 mph; we know that from measuring the distance from the wreck point to where the cops find the cadaver out on the Interstate, all banged up. Nine times that is a whopping 2,700 feet, or at least one-half mile, of skidding along before the frictional resistnce of ground and air finally stops our boy, and that assumes it is not raining.   What this means  is that if our intrepid rider, above, misses the turn going into the village down by the seashore and heads off the cliff, his bike should continue to somewhere out in the middle of the Irish Sea before sinking.  As to the rider, well, if he is a Scotsman, he should just skip along like a skimming pebble all the way North to Scotland itself before he runs out of steam, where he hopefully finds a nice little patch of beach to go land on.  Dusting himself off, our stalwart rider goes up the bluff, there to be greeted by a Bonnie Lass with a big hug and a kiss.  Hey, why not.  Good for the ego, anyway. 

Happy motoring, James!

• Great Response! 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

That said, I bet you a dollar to a donut, that these bikes do not run stock brakes!😂

Think about these guy’s (don’t know if any gals have competed in the TT yet... @James Regan) reaction times!

In the sidecar categories plenty, I met a 63 year old passenger in 2013, herself and husband riding a 1000cc CBR unit. 

Reactions - Its amazing as the reactions are based on information received and considering the rider isn't considering where he is at any time consciously he has to be concerned with whats about to happen in the next two seconds which may be half a mile down the road. These top guys know every inch or the circuit and have curb markers etc as reference points to set up for the next turn, jump, etc. In reality there is no quarter for reactions which will save your life on 70% of the TT Circuit (mountains maybe), remember in order to complete +/- 38 Miles in a decent 120+MPH average you need to be flat out for 85% of the 16+/- minutes to complete one lap- 5 more to go in the senior race. The lap record is now around 136MPH Average - Peter Hickson - He is Motoring - I remember when 120mph was broken no-one thought it could be bettered, now a 120lap will get you top 40 +/-

The only sensation which is really evident is smell, as the rest can't be processed consciously, its all ready downloaded in the riders head that he will finish in his usual fashion. The only sensation available that makes the rider think WTF am i doing is SMELL, when you pass a BBQ or a Pub you smell the food and beer and think WTF am I doing this for.

Edited by James Regan
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 2

21 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

The 2 fingers up does not mean peace of victory, does it?

Doug knows what it means, it means FO in Britain, Battle of Agincourt the English long bow was a beast (50cal of the day), the Perfume wearers in France only wielded much smaller girls bows which didn't require the same force to draw, but the English long bow required a man to draw it and gave them a significant advantage in distance thus wiping out the poodlelovers before they could get a whiff of the English, so if an English bowman was captured the Frogs would cut off his two draw fingers. What you see is that even today we use this symbol of the fwd facing V to show you that we still have our fingers and basically GFY..... In Britain the middle finger is used but not typically you will get the V salute 9 times of ten.....

• Upvote 3

I actually knew that Jimmy! History is a good teacher.

Back to the TT...those guys have to be relying on memorizing the track and muscle memory from their practice laps. 185mph is 271.3 feet per second!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

To put that in perspective, a 230 grain .45ACP round is travelling at about 835 fps.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

3 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I actually knew that Jimmy! History is a good teacher.

Back to the TT...those guys have to be relying on memorizing the track and muscle memory from their practice laps. 185mph is 271.3 feet per second!

The track is memorised for sure easier for the guys who have done it for years, imagine the new Comers. That saying Peter Hickman mentioned in a post above in his first year, broke records, he learned the track for six months on a video game, did the same at Macau which is even more dangerous, and won it.

New comers have to wear orange bibs to let the experienced rider know who they are coming up to, often during practice which is full on no restrictions, a top rider will see a new comer who he would normally pass and lose in two corners, will slow down and tap him on the back at 140mph and then pull in front of him and give him the follow me gesture ( you know the *hand on the ass and a little flick) and give him a training lap. 

It will take you normally as a new comer 6 years to learn to go balls out at the TT, however there are some exceptions.

*This gesture is almost a call for a fight for any rider of a motorcycle who is passionate, it can be taken as being bated or in this case cmon fella lets do this - camaraderie is an amazing gesture in these theatres.

Edited by James Regan
  • Like 1

I often do 110 mph on my Black Pig on the highway here, which is comfortable when on a 6 lane (3x3) highway. I am constantly being passed by sportbikes doing around 150. It is a quatum leap to go 185 and an ever bigger leap to be doing it on country roads with the occassional village and stone walls right beside the road thrown in!

Jimmy’s analogy of modern gladiators is accurate. These guys know that the chances of going home in a casket are fairly high, but this is their goal in life, to compete in, and possibly win these events. It is their choice. It annoys me when the PC crowd tries to shut these events down. If YOU don’t want to compete in these things...then don’t!

• Great Response! 2

PS: I an SURE that I could beat @James Regan around the TT circuit...if I could pull a spark-plug or two out of his bike...😈

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I often do 110 mph on my Black Pig on the highway here, which is comfortable when on a 6 lane (3x3) highway. I am constantly being passed by sportbikes doing around 150. It is a quatum leap to go 185 and an ever bigger leap to be doing it on country roads with the occassional village and stone walls right beside the road thrown in!

Jimmy’s analogy of modern gladiators is accurate. These guys know that the chances of going home in a casket are fairly high, but this is their goal in life, to compete in, and possibly win these events. It is their choice. It annoys me when the PC crowd tries to shut these events down. If YOU don’t want to compete in these things...then don’t!

Say no more after listening to Valentino Rossi at the end of the video, Giacomo Agostini (GOAT) and his prodigy, get asked the big question......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/24/2020 at 11:34 PM, ronwagn said:

I have seen one motorcycle rider sent flying over the car in front of him. Also other wrecks. We had one guy in a small town hit a deer and go flying for a long ways. I have heard of many other local deaths. I like air bags unless they send metal through your body. I have to take my  2 1/2 year old Nisan NV 3500 in for an airbag recall. It is frightening to know I have been relying on a dangerous airbag all this time! I figured this problem with airbags would have been handled by now!

I was heading East on I-10 in LA and I heard the guy wind the bike up, I looked over just in time to see him SLAM into the back corner of some little SUV type car and end up laying on his back on the roof of the car. It looked like it HURT!! But even though we know that there are drivers in auto's that don't pay attention to the motorcycles out there, there are also bikers that are bad drivers as well. I was amazed at how much damage that bike did to the back of the car though, he really wound it up. Was in a hurry and wanted to try to pass someone, even though the traffic was only doing 30-40mph. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SERWIN said:

I was heading East on I-10 in LA and I heard the guy wind the bike up, I looked over just in time to see him SLAM into the back corner of some little SUV type car and end up laying on his back on the roof of the car. It looked like it HURT!! But even though we know that there are drivers in auto's that don't pay attention to the motorcycles out there, there are also bikers that are bad drivers as well. I was amazed at how much damage that bike did to the back of the car though, he really wound it up. Was in a hurry and wanted to try to pass someone, even though the traffic was only doing 30-40mph. 

Heres a good example of Assholes on bikes and cars in Brasil

• Haha 1

And this is my buddy Tizao (Uncle) in the streets of Sao Paulo, this dude has made a livelihood from these videos, just pity you don't speak portuguese , turn up the sound and listen and watch Klebber do rush hour Brasil

Hes wheeling it most of the time, he's 60 years old.......

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SERWIN said:

We actually saw a Prius trying to evade a California Highway Patrol Motorcycle Officer on a crowded freeway. His escape attempt lasted about one minute before he gave up. There are a lot of "meth heads" and adrenaline junkies out there. Even in Illinois people think nothing of driving 80MPH+ on long trips. You really need to check before you make a lane change at legal speeds. They will pass on the right, not just on the left. 

• Upvote 1

There are many inconsiderate and foolish motorcyclists out there, people who have the money for a bike, but not the ‘sense’. It only takes a few to ruin it for all.

In my experience, he majority of bikers are pretty good folks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, James Regan said:

Heres a good example of Assholes on bikes and cars in Brasil

Yep, complete jackasses on two and four wheels! If you want to drive or ride like that -go to the track!

If ANYTHING would have gone wrong, they could have killed some innocent people.

Not very macho in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

5 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

There are many inconsiderate and foolish motorcyclists out there, people who have the money for a bike, but not the ‘sense’. It only takes a few to ruin it for all.

In my experience, he majority of bikers are pretty good folks.

Just getting on a sports bike without full leathers even on the road is dumb, I always wear Full leathers, back protection et etc, as I dont know when someone will flip my switch and I may turn it on for a minute or two, lol. No seriously I do not have a bike with a passenger seat, I always take it off, I dont agree with Passengers on Motorcycles, on any bike or accident the passenger always comes off the worse.

Sorry but the real dickhead is the guy in the car, that guy on the bike can ride by the way big time, can't say the pallet driver is of same calibre....

Edited by James Regan

(edited)

6 hours ago, ronwagn said:

We actually saw a Prius trying to evade a California Highway Patrol Motorcycle Officer on a crowded freeway. His escape attempt lasted about one minute before he gave up. There are a lot of "meth heads" and adrenaline junkies out there. Even in Illinois people think nothing of driving 80MPH+ on long trips. You really need to check before you make a lane change at legal speeds. They will pass on the right, not just on the left. 

I ride obviously in Brasil, US Freeways scare the shit out of me while I am driving at legal speeds which is most of the time as I am guest in the said country, same cannot be said for locals in big dodge trucks etc, but not being brash I'm not a meth head, but "if" I chose to gun it on a bike on those big six or 4 lane runways they would need a road block or helicopter (99% of helicopters can't out run a 1000cc bike in a straight line)  to catch me after I had made the call to try to "evade capture"- Easier to shoot me. Im not saying im the man just saying if you can ride a bike and get caught by the cops in a chase you need arresting for crimes against the motorcycle community. Very embracing cops dont normally ride pocket rockets and if a HD rider caught me I would give up 🤣

Edited by James Regan

6 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Yep, complete jackasses on two and four wheels! If you want to drive or ride like that -go to the track!

If ANYTHING would have gone wrong, they could have killed some innocent people.

Not very macho in my opinion.

Thats the point the track exactly is correct, but that car driver would have been lapped a few times, cars are easy to drive fast in a straight line, especially this car with its brakes, that bike is a stock bike a fraction of the cost- Penis extension.

For your cocky remark, I can see a Harley smoking you in the near future...😂

He may be running NO2, but that is besides the point...

1 hour ago, James Regan said:

Just getting on a sports bike without full leathers even on the road is dumb, I always wear Full leathers, back protection et etc, as I dont know when someone will flip my switch and I may turn it on for a minute or two, lol. No seriously I do not have a bike with a passenger seat, I always take it off, I dont agree with Passengers on Motorcycles, on any bike or accident the passenger always comes off the worse.

Sorry but the real dickhead is the guy in the car, that guy on the bike can ride by the way big time, can't say the pallet driver is of same calibre....

I am guessing that these cats could ride well, but decided to get out of his way for a bit. At those speeds you really shouldn’t be chatting with a passenger.

Still, if you want to ride or drive like that, go to a track.

(On a proper track, assuming the guys are competent riders, that Audi wouldn’t have gotten close to a ZX-10! I know the feeling VERY well...😂).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, James Regan said:

I ride obviously in Brasil, US Freeways scare the shit out of me while I am driving at legal speeds which is most of the time as I am guest in the said country, same cannot be said for locals in big dodge trucks etc, but not being brash I'm not a meth head, but "if" I chose to gun it on a bike on those big six or 4 lane runways they would need a road block or helicopter (99% of helicopters can't out run a 1000cc bike in a straight line)  to catch me after I had made the call to try to "evade capture"- Easier to shoot me. Im not saying im the man just saying if you can ride a bike and get caught by the cops in a chase you need arresting for crimes against the motorcycle community. Very embracing cops dont normally ride pocket rockets and if a HD rider caught me I would give up 🤣

Very few bikes can outrun a radio....