Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HL

US-China foreign investments down 28%

Amid growing economic tensions between the two countries, foreign direct investment between the U.S. and China fell by 28 percent in 2017. In all, direct investments from China into U.S. businesses fell from $60 to $43 billion in 2017. However, I noted that most of those investments are from deals announced in previous years. I think 2018 will be peanuts 

well, there is only steep drop to an $17 billion decrease in Chinese investments in U.S. businesses, from $46 billion in 2016 to $29 billion last year. U.S. investments in China totaled $14 billion in 2017, relatively unchanged from $13.8 billion in 2016. So I wouldn't call that foreign relations but one side only

not all investments are good investments. I think we blocked few deals for potential national security threats. there is at least $10 billion there alone

Just now, JohnAtronis said:

not all investments are good investments. I think we blocked few deals for potential national security threats. there is at least $10 billion there alone

such as?

1 minute ago, Meanwhile said:

such as?

Lattice, MoneyGram, Qualcomm....

Right, so this isn't because of the looming trade war issue. And actually, Chinese investment has been declining over time because they've got what they need and are refocusing on 'homegrown'.Right, so this isn't because of the looming trade war issue. And actually, Chinese investment has been declining over time because they've got what they need and are refocusing on 'homegrown'.