PP

Oil Prices Hit Highest Level Since 2014

(edited)

It's really good to watch graph of oil prices touching heights, but somewhere in my mind calculating that now i have to pay more on retail outlet for a litre of petrol.

Cheers!! Crossed $72

Edited by Harsh vardhan singh
  • Upvote 1

Get that WTI over $70 and the deep wells in the Anadarko Basin will fire back up big time. 

• Upvote 1

I think the rally will be put on pause, UN inspectors wont be in Syria until Saturday so it does not look like military retaliation will happen until after that, its really uncomfortable to buy the highs and the up front contract expires the end of next week so the overwhelming amount of longs tend to roll before the shorts just trying to hold on at this point, just thoughts

13 hours ago, Harsh vardhan singh said:

It's really good to watch graph of oil prices touching heights, but somewhere in my mind calculating that now i have to pay more on retail outlet for a litre of petrol.

Cheers!! Crossed $72

I think the correlation is not that cut and dry because of futures contracts for gasoline/diesel. But anyone who can explain the correlation simply will be great appreciated. I know everyone's always wondering in the US why gas prices are still so high since the mid-2014 crisis ... 

Goog for oil companies, how bad for consumers? Probably not that bad as last high crude prices cycle wasn't significant on inflation. Let's wacht how shale output balance the market by the end of the year. But everything is alinged for Russia to keep a long term alliance with OPEP to regain its market power. 

• Like 1

Happy to join this site

• Like 1

In the long run though oil prices will drop drastically as more ppl use alternative energy sources.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2018 at 11:43 PM, jjerry said:

Jerry

@jjerry Thanks for joining Jerry! Welcome. We look forward to seeing you within the community!

On 4/18/2018 at 9:38 AM, YXK said:

In the long run though oil prices will drop drastically as more ppl use alternative energy sources.

Agreed. However, we do see countries like Saudi Arabia betting on alternative energy but as well as alternative uses of oil in other industries. Almost everything needs oil. 

On 4/18/2018 at 12:16 AM, Lisa Eady said:

I'm amazed, at this site.

@Lisa Eady thanks for joining! We look forward to seeing you within the community!

On 4/17/2018 at 11:30 PM, Gheorghe said:

hello

Hello! @Gheorghe thanks for joining!

On 4/17/2018 at 11:02 PM, BRIJ said:

Happy to join this site

@BRIJ happy to have you part of the community!