Tom Kirkman

The CDC confirms remarkably low coronavirus death rate. Where is the media?

3 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Doesn’t this assume that there is no ‘herd immunity’?

Many of those would be dead anyway by the time you reached that number. About two thirds? These are primarily aged people dying. They are not just dying because of COVID 19. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

How long is the "long run?"  Trump is old and at most can "lead" for what another 4.5 years?  Any plan to greatness needs to be relatively fast or his legacy will only be only death and bankruptcy.

If things went down 50% during his first term, things need to go up by 100% in his second term just to get back to even.

Umm the US President is a 4 year term

You need to catch more virus, it might make you 100% smarter. Keep going out in public

(edited)

1 hour ago, Ward Smith said:

Umm the US President is a 4 year term

You need to catch more virus, it might make you 100% smarter. Keep going out in public

From now until the elections will be around 6 months and then another 4 year term (yay) makes 4.5 years?

Edited by Hotone
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Hotone said:

From now until the elections well be around 6 months and then another 4 year term (yay) makes 4.5 years?

He'll pretend that's what he meant ;)

(edited)

42 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

He'll pretend that's what he meant ;)

That was exactly what I meant - read.

"and at most can "lead" for what another 4.5 years?"

"You need to catch more virus, it might make you 100% smarter. Keep going out in public."

Check your math.   Hint it involves calculating the limit as my intelligence approaches zero.  The answer not +100%.

The trump cult crumbles...

Stay as classy and logical as a trump cult member can handle.  I know it is hard to follow the cult leader when all you see is death, bankruptcy, and social breakdown.

Live long and prosper.  I do not wish death upon you despite your foolishness.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Only if he says he will do things that he actually has no power to deliver. He is attracting attention and blame to himself.

“The authority of the president of the United States having to do with the subject we’re talking about is total,” Trump said at a White House news conference on Monday. “I have the ultimate authority”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-13/trump-declares-he-has-power-to-open-up-states-not-governors

No, you don't...

If he doesn’t have the authority to do something, then he can not be held accountable when someone else doesn’t do it and it goes sideways...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

That was exactly what I meant - read.

"and at most can "lead" for what another 4.5 years?"

"You need to catch more virus, it might make you 100% smarter. Keep going out in public."

Check your math.   Hint it involves calculating the limit as my intelligence approaches zero.  The answer not +100%.

The trump cult crumbles...

Stay as classy and logical as a trump cult member can handle.  I know it is hard to follow the cult leader when all you see is death, bankruptcy, and social breakdown.

Live long and prosper.  I do not wish death upon you despite your foolishness.

Are you a Vulcan? Or just a Trekkie.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

Deleted

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago,  Douglas Buckland said: 

I know it is hard to follow the cult leader when all you see is death, bankruptcy, and social breakdown.

I am fairly certain that I did NOT post the above....

55 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:
1 hour ago,  Douglas Buckland said: 

I know it is hard to follow the cult leader when all you see is death, bankruptcy, and social breakdown.

I am fairly certain that I did NOT post the above....

Deleted, Douglas.  The only way to fix it, unfortunately.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I would say that everyone who needs a paycheck is interested as are all business owners.

I don't think working-class people are behind botnets..
And look at who were at the protests, I thought there was a bigger share of PoC in the working class
 https://www.google.com/search?q=reopen+protest&tbm=isch

Some astroturfing behind reopen campaign:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonchandler/2020/04/24/security-researchers-say-the-reopen-america-campaign-is-being-astroturfed/

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2020/04/whos-behind-the-reopen-domain-surge/

On 5/27/2020 at 5:47 AM, Douglas Buckland said:
On 5/26/2020 at 9:39 PM, Enthalpic said:

Only if he says he will do things that he actually has no power to deliver. He is attracting attention and blame to himself.

“The authority of the president of the United States having to do with the subject we’re talking about is total,” Trump said at a White House news conference on Monday. “I have the ultimate authority”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-13/trump-declares-he-has-power-to-open-up-states-not-governors

No, you don't...

If he doesn’t have the authority to do something, then he can not be held accountable when someone else doesn’t do it and it goes sideways...

That was the whole point of the statement. To have the media and Dem governors loudly proclaim their exclusive authority, and thus responsibility for the fiasco.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, 0R0 said:

That was the whole point of the statement. To have the media and Dem governors loudly proclaim their exclusive authority, and thus responsibility for the fiasco.

But the problem is that they WILL be looking for someone else to blame, even though they caused the prblems themselves. But the dumbed down masses in the demonrat states are SOOOO STUPID they will believe ANYTHING these mayors and governors are saying. Even if they have PROOF that the real disaster was caused by the politicians they stupidly elected into office, they want to stand around like morons and blame Trump. TDS at it's finest, and stupidity, full steam ahead!!!!

• Like 2

German Official Leaks Report Denouncing COVID-19 As "A Global False Alarm"

Germany’s federal government and mainstream media are engaged in damage control after a report that challenges the established Corona narrative leaked from the interior ministry.

Some of the report key passages are:

• The dangerousness of Covid-19 was overestimated: probably at no point did the danger posed by the new virus go beyond the normal level.

• The people who die from Corona are essentially those who would statistically die this year, because they have reached the end of their lives and their weakened bodies can no longer cope with any random everyday stress (including the approximately 150 viruses currently in circulation).

• Worldwide, within a quarter of a year, there has been no more than 250,000 deaths from Covid-19, compared to 1.5 million deaths [25,100 in Germany] during the influenza wave 2017/18.

• The danger is obviously no greater than that of many other viruses. There is no evidence that this was more than a false alarm.

A reproach could go along these lines:

During the Corona crisis the State has proved itself as one of the biggest producers of Fake News.

So far, so bad. But it gets worse.

The report focuses on the “manifold and heavy consequences of the Corona measures” and warns that these are “grave”.

More people are dying because of state-imposed Corona-measures than they are being killed by the virus.  ...

• Upvote 3