well, well... the POTUS deems his citizens to be thugs, after the police state murdered an unarmed man who gave no resistance. Protests ensued, so Trump encouraged the state governor to call out the National Guard, equipped fully in battle gear.  The same National Guard force that murdered unarmed students at Kent State. 

But when Hong Kong police respond to riots, those citizens are not thugs. But those citizens set people on fire, murdered at least one citizen, and beat hundreds of other citizens to the point of broken skulls and bloodshed. Thugs? nope, good citizens, good USA puppets.  The HK police harmed nobody and followed due process of law.  At no time did HK or China send in forces equivalent to the US National Guard.

Yet all of you here demonise China. Utterly ignorant hypocrites.  It's time the US common folk recognise your true enemy is the one within.  Trumpistan is now nothing but a police state.  Well, you get what you vote for. 

quote...

The president's language got more aggressive as violence boiled over in Minneapolis Thursday night. "These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won't let that happen," he tweeted. "Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!"

Twitter quickly tagged the post, saying, "This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about glorifying violence. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public's interest for the Tweet to remain accessible." It still is. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

Protest did ensue, but the National Guard was called out to address the rioting. A distinct difference.

Edited by Douglas Buckland
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, frankfurter said:

The president's language got more aggressive as violence boiled over in Minneapolis Thursday night. "These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won't let that happen," he tweeted. "Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!"

Twitter quickly tagged the post, saying, "This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about glorifying violence. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public's interest for the Tweet to remain accessible." It still is. 

996078360_limittrumptweetssatire.thumb.png.890246993bc05154e8fc7eabec4e5496.png

Media comes to the rescue   < sarcasm font >

1613585803_mostlyaprotestnotunruly-burningbuilding.png.2b7a79a73e1706a4f352e2b71b2ddc59.png

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer

A CNN anchor just said on live TV that the riots in MN were "entirely peaceful" and a "merry caravan" and then seconds later someone throws a bottle directly at him. 

You can't make this stuff up.

cnn.png.99a22c05c0da95f9ae2b2035041552e0.png

1266569314158682119https://mobile.twitter.com/Surabees/status/1266569314158682119

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

24e6270fbf4c6dca614864f37103c9e03f953a2a563e66ae4cf86fd94b157c94.png.8b1e048e350cbfb5b25dbcb5309abd43.png

What a coincidence.  hand-to-chin-emoji-1F914.png.6e79107cba0b011a73d20bce391be03d.png hand-to-chin-emoji-1F914.png.6e79107cba0b011a73d20bce391be03d.png hand-to-chin-emoji-1F914.png.6e79107cba0b011a73d20bce391be03d.png

Major cities with major protests:

Minneapolis - Democrat Mayor - Jacob Frey

Cincinnati - Democrat Mayor - John Cranley

Atlanta - Democrat Mayor - keisha Lance Bottoms

Columbus - Democrat Mayor - Andrew Ginther

Oakland - Democrat Mayor - Libby Schaaf

San Jose - Democrat Mayor - Sam Liccardo

Seattle - Democrat Mayor - Jenny Durkan

Denver - Democrat Mayor - Michael Hancock

NYC - Democrat Mayor - Bill de Blasio

Washington, DC - Democrat Mayor - Muriel Bowser

Los Angeles - Democrat Mayor - Eric Garcetti

Phoenix - Democrat Mayor - Kate Gallego

Dallas - Democrat Mayor - Eric Johnson

Police Chiefs report to Mayors.

looting.thumb.png.cef138cd9fc933f42f2af243d24840f1.png

https://twitter.com/mchooyah/status/1266544690251403265

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

(edited)

We all know that part of the votes for these mayors came from the rioters, protesters and looters while in others, rep mayors won't worry about losing votes from these as they will not get these votes anyway. The peace came from polices were ordered to do nothing and the other side were concentrating on what they were doing.

The major difference is :

In Hongkong, people  are protesting against new law or policy and that law is still there and it against the contract of 50 years.

In Minneapolis, the police has been in custody and wait for trial accordingly. Yet the peace loving and anti racism people are still rolling.

How can any educated person with a college degree cannot see the differences?

Edited by SUZNV
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

11 hours ago, frankfurter said:

well, well... the POTUS deems his citizens to be thugs, after the police state murdered an unarmed man who gave no resistance. Protests ensued, so Trump encouraged the state governor to call out the National Guard, equipped fully in battle gear.  The same National Guard force that murdered unarmed students at Kent State. 

But when Hong Kong police respond to riots, those citizens are not thugs. But those citizens set people on fire, murdered at least one citizen, and beat hundreds of other citizens to the point of broken skulls and bloodshed. Thugs? nope, good citizens, good USA puppets.  The HK police harmed nobody and followed due process of law.  At no time did HK or China send in forces equivalent to the US National Guard.

Yet all of you here demonise China. Utterly ignorant hypocrites.  It's time the US common folk recognise your true enemy is the one within.  Trumpistan is now nothing but a police state.  Well, you get what you vote for. 

quote...

You bring up old memories, I was about 10 yrs old during Kent State....actually I experienced that entire movement during my formative yrs.

I can tell you being young and part of that new generation I saw first hand actually.... experienced first hand the abject insanity...mindless direction it demonstrated.

Vietnam what a time in history, the tradgey that occurred was shocking on both sides. Anarchy/chaos ruled the decision making, and yes the conflict ended. 

What no one wants to talk about is what happened after the US left. It was coined the killing fields. Over 1 million people were killed officially... some say 3 million. Preformed by a Communist party.

Somehow you objectivity comparing then and now seems to be meritless. Other than a few mindless once again raising chaos to effect change. Make no mistake here the death of one man is tragic at the same time creating chaos can bring tragedy beyond human comprehension.

And those that ferment chaos need to be silenced from destruction/ chaos or the message is lost entirely...and that message would be justice.

MLK messaging was not lost, chaos and destruction was not his message. Actually he believed violence actually fragmented a community...

American law promotes peaceful demonstration and prohibits violent demonstration just for that purpose. Violent demonstrators are thugs that destroy the fabric of communities and social constructs. 

To disable acts of violence is the tool justice has to fight rage filled decisions  that can lead to unimaginable results. 

Strictly a opinion your mileage may vary.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 2
  • Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 4

(edited)

10 hours ago, SUZNV said:

We all know that part of the votes for these mayors came from the rioters, protesters and looters while in others, rep mayors won't worry about losing votes from these as they will not get these votes anyway. The peace came from polices were ordered to do nothing and the other side were concentrating on what they were doing.

The major difference is :

In Hongkong, people  are protesting against new law or policy and that law is still there and it against the contract of 50 years.

In Minneapolis, the police has been in custody and wait for trial accordingly. Yet the peace loving and anti racism people are still rolling.

How can any educated person with a college degree cannot see the differences?

Franfurter is not educated. He is indoctrinated.

Edited by 0R0
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, frankfurter said:

Thugs in Trumpistan

Antifa are thugs.

AG Bill Barr Identifies Antifa Activists as Organizers of National Mob Violence, Looting and Arson

Earlier today U.S. Attorney Bill Barr made a public statement about the George Floyd killing and the opportunistic mob violence that has taken place over the last three days. Within the statement the attorney general correctly identified Antifa as the primary organizing mob behind the riots, looting and mayhem.

[Transcript] – “The greatness of our nation comes from our commitment to the rule of law.  ...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

You bring up old memories, I was about 10 yrs old during Kent State....actually I experienced that entire movement during my formative yrs.

I can tell you being young and part of that new generation I saw first hand actually.... experienced first hand the abject insanity...mindless direction it demonstrated.

Vietnam what a time in history, the tradgey that occurred was shocking on both sides. Anarchy/chaos ruled the decision making, and yes the conflict ended. 

What no one wants to talk about is what happened after the US left. It was coined the killing fields. Over 1 million people were killed officially... some say 3 million. Preformed by a Communist party.

Somehow you objectivity comparing then and now seems to be meritless. Other than a few mindless once again raising chaos to effect change. Make no mistake here the death of one man is tragic at the same time creating chaos can bring tragedy beyond human comprehension.

And those that ferment chaos need to be silenced from destruction/ chaos or the message is lost entirely...and that message would be justice.

MLK messaging was not lost, chaos and destruction was not his message. Actually he believed violence actually fragmented a community...

American law promotes peaceful demonstration and prohibits violent demonstration just for that purpose. Violent demonstrators are thugs that destroy the fabric of communities and social constructs. 

To disable acts of violence is the tool justice has to fight rage filled decisions  that can lead to unimaginable results. 

Happy to read you support peaceful protests and the rule of law. If you would educate yourself in the Basic Law of Hong Kong, you should be able to determine the BLHK promotes 'peaceful demonstration and prohibits violent demonstration'.  Happy to read your view 'Violent demonstrators are thugs that destroy the fabric of communities and social constructs'. You see, certain HK protestors, funded, aided, and abetted by USA govt depts and citizens, did in fact call for and commit violence to the point of murder.

So, I shall ask you to clarify.  When your own citizens resort to violence in their protests, with no ensuing murders, these are thugs. Your comment these should be silenced presumably means to be arrested and charged?  But when citizens of another country resort to violence in their protest, to the point of murder, these are not thugs?  So these should not be arrested and charged per the laws of that country?  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, 0R0 said:

Franfurter is not educated. He is indoctrinated.

I tried to be diplomatic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

(edited)

14 hours ago, frankfurter said:

Happy to read you support peaceful protests and the rule of law. If you would educate yourself in the Basic Law of Hong Kong, you should be able to determine the BLHK promotes 'peaceful demonstration and prohibits violent demonstration'.  Happy to read your view 'Violent demonstrators are thugs that destroy the fabric of communities and social constructs'. You see, certain HK protestors, funded, aided, and abetted by USA govt depts and citizens, did in fact call for and commit violence to the point of murder.

So, I shall ask you to clarify.  When your own citizens resort to violence in their protests, with no ensuing murders, these are thugs. Your comment these should be silenced presumably means to be arrested and charged?  But when citizens of another country resort to violence in their protest, to the point of murder, these are not thugs?  So these should not be arrested and charged per the laws of that country?  

I will be the very first to say my posting skills/ grammar along with structure are by no means polished is the word I will use. Generally I would write out a concept ideal or thought and turn it over to HR to be polished ...all nice and shiny.

With that being said I have no wish to study HK/ China laws that would serve no purpose....I am not a citizen. 

As to why our own citizens rebel..good question. Rebellion and youth go hand in hand. The US allows for peaceful demonstration and not violent,the minute that happens it is game over 

It is a very simple concept...When two children fight one watches until one gets hurt...then it's go to your room until you behave...and don't come out till you do.

When adults lose that reasoning the US has a legal system to deal with them,full of laws along with court's to decide what and who was right or wrong...Many do not like that concept but it is what it is here in the US..

As to foreign intervention...I do believe both sides of the pond do plenty of that...to deny that is again almost childish..

I know this reasoning may be a bit boring or lacking deep thought...full of higher plains of critical thinking...I just like it to be so simple anyone can get the message...no what about this or what about that...simply behave or go to your room...Uhh and when you can behave and act like a adult let's talk.

Imagine a world where society respects each other's sandbox...Fundamentals are always so boring when one lacks there understanding or meaning.

Have you ever been kicked out of a sandbox? It's rather disappointing..humiliating along with frustrating something along those lines.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 2

(edited)

3 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

I will be the very first to say my posting skills/ grammar along with structure are by no means polished is the word I will use. Generally I would write out a concept ideal or thought and turn it over to HR to be polished ...all nice and shiny.

With that being said I have no wish to study HK/ China laws that would serve no purpose....I am not a citizen. 

As to why our own citizens rebel..good question. Rebellion and youth go hand in hand. The US allows for peaceful demonstration and not violent,the minute that happens it is game over 

It is a very simple concept...When two children fight one watches until one gets hurt...then it's go to your room until you behave...and don't come out till you do.

When adults lose that reasoning the US has a legal system to deal with them,full of laws along with court's to decide what and who was right or wrong...Many do not like that concept but it is what it is here in the US..

As to foreign intervention...I do believe both sides of the pond do plenty of that...to deny that is again almost childish..

I know this reasoning may be a bit boring or lacking deep thought...full of higher plains of critical thinking...I just like it to be so simple anyone can get the message...no what about this or what about that...simply behave or go to your room...Uhh and when you can behave and act like a adult let's talk.

Imagine a world where society respects each other's sandbox...Fundamentals are always so boring when one lacks there understanding or meaning.

Have you ever been kicked out of a sandbox? It's rather disappointing..humiliating along with frustrating something along those lines.

There are a lot of police guarding Derek Chauvin's house.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1265899290825818112

Edited by Hotone
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

On 5/31/2020 at 12:22 AM, Eyes Wide Open said:

The first killing fields were Cambodian villages where, from 1969-1973, at least 150,000 and perhaps as many as 800,000 died from carpet-bombing by B-52s.  Dropped from the relative safety of 30,000 feet, the 84 quarter-ton bombs of a "Stratofortress" completely destroys an area the size of a football field.

In the spring of 1973 Fred Branfman spent an entire day with a CIA pilot flying over a large area of Cambodia. The US embassy had assured him that 2 million people lived there, but he did not see any sign of life.  He was later informed by the "bombing officer" at 7th Air force Headquarters that no attempt was ever make sure that civilians were not in the target area. After 25 B-52 missions over Cambodia, Captain Donald Dawson was court-martialed for refusing to fly after he heard that a wedding party had been hit.  Those who came upon the ghastly scene found only one survivor: a baby still nursing at his dead mother's breast.

Yale historian Ben Kiernan, founder of the Cambodian Genocide Program, has done the most extensive surveys of the actions of the Pol Pot regime. Over 60 percent of those interviewed said that they turned to the Khmer Rouge because B-52s destroyed their villages. One of the most effective means Pol Pot used to control the people was to tell them that the bombers would return unless they were good Communists. Kiernan concludes his study as follows: "Pol Pot's revolution would not have won power without . . . the carpet-bombing of Cambodia's countryside by American B-52s.  This was probably the most important single factor in Pol Pot's rise."

Edited by Hotone
  • Like 4
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

45 minutes ago, Hotone said:

The first killing fields were Cambodian villages where, from 1969-1973, at least 150,000 and perhaps as many as 800,000 died from carpet-bombing by B-52s.  Dropped from the relative safety of 30,000 feet, the 84 quarter-ton bombs of a "Stratofortress" completely destroys an area the size of a football field.

In the spring of 1973 Fred Branfman spent an entire day with a CIA pilot flying over a large area of Cambodia. The US embassy had assured him that 2 million people lived there, but he did not see any sign of life.  He was later informed by the "bombing officer" at 7th Air force Headquarters that no attempt was ever make sure that civilians were not in the target area. After 25 B-52 missions over Cambodia, Captain Donald Dawson was court-martialed for refusing to fly after he heard that a wedding party had been hit.  Those who came upon the ghastly scene found only one survivor: a baby still nursing at his dead mother's breast.

Yale historian Ben Kiernan, founder of the Cambodian Genocide Program, has done the most extensive surveys of the actions of the Pol Pot regime. Over 60 percent of those interviewed said that they turned to the Khmer Rouge because B-52s destroyed their villages. One of the most effective means Pol Pot used to control the people was to tell them that the bombers would return unless they were good Communists. Kiernan concludes his study as follows: "Pol Pot's revolution would not have won power without . . . the carpet-bombing of Cambodia's countryside by American B-52s.  This was probably the most important single factor in Pol Pot's rise."

https://www.history.com/topics/cold-war/the-khmer-rouge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_Fields

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/remembering-the-killing-fields/

http://www.killingfieldsmuseum.com/s21-victims.html

https://www.niod.nl/sites/niod.nl/files/Cambodian genocide.pdf

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

9 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

"With that being said I have no wish to study HK/ China laws that would serve no purpose....I am not a citizen. "

Expresses the American attitude towards 'aliens' succinctly and better than I could. Your government uses 'alien' laws and territories as your basis to sanction and threaten those 'aliens', which are acts of war. How sad for the world you and your brothers in arms wilfully choose to ignore, for such attitude has been proven to be of the highest danger in history. 

• Like 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

15 minutes ago, frankfurter said:

"With that being said I have no wish to study HK/ China laws that would serve no purpose....I am not a citizen. "

Expresses the American attitude towards 'aliens' succinctly and better than I could. Your government uses 'alien' laws and territories as your basis to sanction and threaten those 'aliens', which are acts of war. How sad for the world you and your brothers in arms wilfully choose to ignore, for such attitude has been proven to be of the highest danger in history. 

It seems i have "alienated" you..it is really to bad one might think that...there was no intent to alienate.

For your peace of mind i can assure that i do not represent the US as a whole..just myself. And when traveling abroad make no mistake i follow the countries laws and customs to the very best of my ability. In over 40 yrs of traveling i have found politeness and courtesy is  universal language and easily recognized

and understood. After all i am playing in their sandbox.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Hotone said:

The number of police bothered me too. It turns out they had to call for reinforcements, that explains the numbers to some extent. IMO it would have been far better to put all four of the fired officers in jail while everything was sorted out. The three who stood by were also fired so some kind of charge could have been used to hold them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

11 hours ago, Hotone said:

That girl is fantastic!  She wants to go in there with her friends and lynch the guy!  Oops, er, that would seem to be hypocritical, wouldn't it?  She has a great vocabulary as well.  Mother will be proud when the neighbors show her the video.  She fails to grasp that the police have to be ready to face hundreds and possibly thousands of maniacal people in masks hell-bent on getting to and presumably harming the man in that house.

Anyway, she does appear to be implying that the police should not be protecting another citizen from people that seek to do them harm.  And yet, these are the same people screaming, rioting, looting for the express purpose of saying laws should be followed by everyone, including the police!  Okay, I get it.  But what about her and her cohorts?  Do they get to skirt the law at will?  Hmmm.

Addendum: Agree with @ronwagn above that a better solution, that the authorities should have thought of, would have been to lock up the officers (and I use the term "officers" loosely).

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

That girl is fantastic!  She wants to go in there with her friends and lynch the guy!  Oops, er, that would seem to be hypocritical, wouldn't it?  She has a great vocabulary as well.  Mother will be proud when the neighbors show her the video.  She fails to grasp that the police have to be ready to face hundreds and possibly thousands of maniacal people in masks hell-bent on getting to and presumably harming the man in that house.

Anyway, she does appear to be implying that the police should not be protecting another citizen from people that seek to do them harm.  And yet, these are the same people screaming, rioting, looting for the express purpose of saying laws should be followed by everyone, including the police!  Okay, I get it.  But what about her and her cohorts?  Do they get to skirt the law at will?  Hmmm.

Yes, I think if the police were to leave, a mob will go and burn the house down

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

My wife told me his wife is Asian (but not Chinese) and has already filed for divorce from him. Assuming he was in jail and the police weren't there the mob would probably assault her and their kids if they have any. Cause even

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

My wife told me his wife is Asian (but not Chinese) and has already filed for divorce from him. Assuming he was in jail and the police weren't there the mob would probably assault her and their kids if they have any. Cause even

She looks asian.  And yes she did file for dissolution of marriage.  She did it rather quickly too, which would seem (I know) to be a vote against the man he was prior to the idiotic death he is responsible for.

Imagine the judge with the policeman in front of him:  Let me get this straight, you got a call for "suspicion of fraud", apparently being committed in the little family van, and you ended up killing the guy.  Is that right, officer?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ward Smith said:

(but not Chinese)?  uh, what are you implying with this?  

For info, today's 4 am talking points, issued simultaneously all over the U.S.

Do you understand why they are pushing the "not one group" talking point?  RICO.

Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO)

What is antifa and its role in police protests? To start, it's not one group. Associated Press, CNN

320364020_talkingpoints1.thumb.png.e5cddc59246b9d5cf07acd6b5a0013bf.png

2030013488_talkingpoints2.thumb.png.e55de37ac398403e9edc48a8b50a4cea.png

• Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 1

Trump did not disappoint. After months of aggressive rhetoric, when he finally stoked up genuine unrest, he run off to hide in a fortified bunker at the first sight of trouble. It's really fascinating how fast is this illiterate, morally repulsive clown turning a powerful, global empire into a smoldering ruin of chaos-infested ruins. 

A disgusting, dishonest person who preaches water, but drinks wine himself, a hypocrite, and a fraud - plus a sympathizer with extremist white supremacist circles, the smelliest filth of the Earth. 

• Downvote 3