Douglas Buckland

Rioting and Protesting

In an effort to foster debate, I would like to make some comments in regards to the ongoing rioting and protests, not only in America, but apparently in Canada as well.

As we are all aware, the protests started when Asian and Caucasian policemen apparently caused the death of a black man while detaining him after an arrest.

This lead to protests against police brutality and racism, which then morphed into protests against inequality in health care and ‘white entitlement’, among other things.

What I find odd is the lack of debate, or even the will to debate, these issues. It seems that unless you are ‘black’, and often if you are, you are not considered to have ‘skin in the game’, or a valid opinion.

Many black folks you see on the news, who have lost their businesses or homes, are not heard either.

How can we, as a society, resolve these issues if one side refuses to listen to the other?

There is plenty of blame to go around, regardless of color. If we really want to resolve these issues....we have got to be prepared to listen.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Shut up Douglas.   😉

Just kidding of course.

• Haha 7

Also, what is ‘white privilege’? Is this any worse than ‘black entitlement’ 

Personally, I have never met a white person who felt they were, or should be, more priviledged than anyone else. By the same token, I have never met a black person who felt that they were entitled to anything that others were not.

Is this simply more ‘race baiting’ by the media or politicians?

If you believe that everyone should be judged, and valued, by who they are and how much they contribute to society, then perpetual ‘affirmative action’ is a racist policy. It addressed an issue at a certain point in our history, but it was never intended to be enforced forever.

Companies, universities, etc...should never even consider race. Hiring and admissions should be strictly based on merit and ability. 

If, for example, inner city schools are not preparing students sufficiently to compete in the university admissions arena, you address this issue at the inner city school level. Admitting students who are unprepared based on race simply sets them up to fail later, with the knock-on results.

Forcing companies to hire less than the best qualified for a job is inefficient and an additional cost to the company.

This is not racist, this is common sense.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

How can we, as a society, resolve these issues if one side refuses to listen to the other?

Take a listen to this.  15 minutes.  Very much relevant to this thread, and to the current riots.

Former Black Lives Matter Ferguson Organizer, Chaziel Sunz exposed BLM, Democrats, ANTIFA, etc.

"Former Black Lives Matter Ferguson Organizer, Chaziel Sunz exposed BLM, Democrats, ANTIFA, etc. In 2017, Chaziel Sunz shined the light on who pays for ANTIFA, Black Lives Matter, what the plan is of the Democratic Party using the groups."

• Great Response! 5

< sigh >

1279111075_Charelstonriseupdemands.thumb.jpeg.185446babb548e7d30a77cc266173516.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

58 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Take a listen to this.  15 minutes.  Very much relevant to this thread, and to the current riots.

Former Black Lives Matter Ferguson Organizer, Chaziel Sunz exposed BLM, Democrats, ANTIFA, etc.

"Former Black Lives Matter Ferguson Organizer, Chaziel Sunz exposed BLM, Democrats, ANTIFA, etc. In 2017, Chaziel Sunz shined the light on who pays for ANTIFA, Black Lives Matter, what the plan is of the Democratic Party using the groups."

Interesting....made back in 2017.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Douglas Buckland said:

Interesting....made back in 2017.

Yes, shortly after the Las Vegas shooting.  That madness woke a lot of people up, and many people started openly questioning the narrative being presented.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The fact is, regardless of what the media would have us believe, the vast majority of black Americans are NOT a bunch of rioting thugs. They are well adjusted members of society who, just like everybody else, just want a job, to put food on the table, get the kids educated and to have a decent holiday every now and then.

This constant race baiting is a pox on America.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 4

(edited)

Some of the questions she has to field are remarkable: "Can you confirm the President spoke with Putin today, and did he ask Putin for advice on how to deal with the protesters?"

Seriously?

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

< sigh >

1279111075_Charelstonriseupdemands.thumb.jpeg.185446babb548e7d30a77cc266173516.jpeg

I wonder if Frankfurter wrote that for them? Or perhaps it comes from the top? Mr Xi or Mr Putin? Perhaps even Rocket Boy?

• Haha 6
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

The fact is, regardless of what the media would have us believe, the vast majority of black Americans are NOT a bunch of rioting thugs. They are well adjusted members of society who, just like everybody else, just want a job, to put food on the table, get the kids educated and to have a decent holiday every now and then.

Doug, that is precisely why the political correctness movement is so dangerous. It is a left-wing plot to overthrow civil society, just as the guy in the video above has said.

• Like 3
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

In an effort to foster debate, I would like to make some comments in regards to the ongoing rioting and protests, not only in America, but apparently in Canada as well.

As we are all aware, the protests started when Asian and Caucasian policemen apparently caused the death of a black man while detaining him after an arrest.

This lead to protests against police brutality and racism, which then morphed into protests against inequality in health care and ‘white entitlement’, among other things.

What I find odd is the lack of debate, or even the will to debate, these issues. It seems that unless you are ‘black’, and often if you are, you are not considered to have ‘skin in the game’, or a valid opinion.

Many black folks you see on the news, who have lost their businesses or homes, are not heard either.

There is plenty of blame to go around, regardless of color. If we really want to resolve these issues....we have got to be prepared to listen.

Aww, you old softie.  :)   Luv you honey!

My father was a State Policeman in Illinois in the 60s and 70s and was called on for a number of Civil Rights protests.  He was not proud when some of his fellow "officers" took their prejudice to work with them and he always tried to be a voice of reason within his own department.

A LOT has changed since those days.  Police officers are largely college educated today and receive a lot of training about how to do their jobs properly; but there is WAY too much variance in the levels of this training from one precinct house to the next, and this needs to be corrected.

With a population of some 328 million and a combined police force of some 700k there are still going to be mistakes made, and yes, some "officers" who still take their prejudice to work with them.  Those officers need to consistently be disciplined when necessary, be fired when necessary, and charged with crimes when necessary.  The Attorneys General need to punish errant officers equally under the law, and Governors and Mayors need to support this entire process.  One more step can be taken that I think is necessary in some precincts: sometimes the entire force needs to be split up and transferred or fired.  States can, by all means, ask for and receive Federal assistance during a transition of this sort.  Good officers need to be rewarded; bad officers need to be disciplined or removed.

But above all, the officers in uniform throughout our nation need to be assured that when they arrest people for valid crimes, that they can be assured of proper prosecutions and sentences, again, when they bring valid arrests and evidence to the AGs and the courts.  As I understand it, this responsibility in most states rests largely with the Governor's office as each State's chief law enforcer.  This is the division of power between State and Federal branches of government in the United States, and the Governors need to take the safety and lawfulness of their citizens seriously.  Only as a last resort should the Federal Government need to be called in to support them in their efforts.

Just my opinion; I am no expert in law enforcement and do not claim that I could do a better job.

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 2

I don't think the rioters are listening Doug? Only thing they will understand is batons and bullets. The Dems have them in a frenzy. Like the Hitler Youth or something?

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

It is 6 times more probable for black male to be incarcerated than white male.

1 out 11 young and middle aged males in US are criminals.

If he is White probability  is 1 to 22

If he is black probability is more than 1 to 4.

For policemen in US racial profiling is natural.

• Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

3 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Say what you will, that man is trying to get his people to get smart and not get used, or in his own words "slaughtered".  If you need to hear from someone on the inside to make you hear and see the truth, or, again in his words "the strategy".

Thanks for posting the video.  I'm with Douglas in that I don't think we are that far away from being together with the black community.  There are thugs in both the white and black communities.  Don't look at them as representative of the whole community because they are just "that shiny thing over there".

Bottom line: he is believable and well-enough spoken for me.  I'd gladly stand next to this man.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Marcin2 said:

The black communities are trying to get their neighborhoods in order.  It is not easy; no more easy than it is for any other community to get rid of bad elements that are largely a result of lack of good jobs, too many cheap drugs available and a judicial system that does nothing to rehabilitate.  These things may require a generation to get right, because you have to have a generation of fathers and mothers that can properly take care of their families, provide for their families, and keep families together instead of being broken apart due to the joblessness and drugs.  IMHO.  That might actually be what this "white privilege" is about @Douglas Buckland: we as a white race got there much sooner while prejudice kept our black communities out of it for a longer period of time.  Just speculating because I've never understood it either, until maybe now.

• Like 1

(edited)

41 minutes ago, Marcin2 said:

And who’s fault is this? Are white people responsible for the disproportionate incarcerations?

Can you please provide some documentation that supports your statements that a) 1 out of 11 middle aged males in America are criminals, and b) that it is natural for policemen in the US to racially profile?

Edited by Douglas Buckland
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

The media has done it's best to fan the flames as usual, just like they did with the 'jogger' incident.

They should be held to account but they always get a free pass

afb060120dAPR20200601054509.jpg

• Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

The media has done it's best to fan the flames as usual, just like they did with the 'jogger' incident.

They should be held to account but they always get a free pass

afb060120dAPR20200601054509.jpg

The Minneapolis Putsch

Well, it looks like the Resistance’s long-anticipated “Second Civil War” has finally begun … more or less exactly on cue. Rioting has broken out across the nation. People are looting and burning stores and attacking each other in the streets. Robocops are beating, tear-gassing, and shooting people with non-lethal projectiles. State National Guards have been deployed, curfews imposed, “emergencies” declared. Secret Servicemen are fighting back angry hordes attempting to storm the White House. Trump is tweeting from an “underground bunker.” Opportunist social media pundits on both sides of the political spectrum are whipping people up into white-eyed frenzies. Americans are at each other’s throats, divided by identity politics, consumed by rage, hatred, and fear.

Things couldn’t be going better for the Resistance if they had scripted it themselves.

Actually, they did kind of script it themselves. Not the murder of poor George Floyd, of course. Racist police have been murdering Black people for as long as there have been racist police. No, the Resistance didn’t manufacture racism. They just spent the majority of the last four years creating and promoting an official narrative which casts most Americans as “white supremacists” who literally elected Hitler president, and who want to turn the country into a racist dictatorship.

According to this official narrative, which has been relentlessly disseminated by the corporate media, the neoliberal intelligentsia, the culture industry, and countless hysterical, Trump-hating loonies, the Russians put Donald Trump in office with those DNC emails they never hacked and some division-sowing Facebook ads that supposedly hypnotized Black Americans into refusing to come out and vote for Clinton. Putin purportedly ordered this personally, as part of his plot to “destroy democracy.” The plan was always for President Hitler to embolden his white-supremacist followers into launching the “RaHoWa,” or the “Boogaloo,” after which Trump would declare martial law, dissolve the legislature, and pronounce himself Führer. Then they would start rounding up and murdering the Jews, and the Blacks, and Mexicans, and other minorities, according to this twisted liberal fantasy.

I’ve been covering the roll-out and dissemination of this official narrative since 2016, and have documented much of it in my essays, so I won’t reiterate all that here. Let’s just say, I’m not exaggerating, much. After four years of more or less constant conditioning, millions of Americans believe this fairy tale, despite the fact that there is absolutely zero evidence whatsoever to support it. Which is not exactly a mystery or anything. It would be rather surprising if they didn’t believe it. We’re talking about the most formidable official propaganda machine in the history of official propaganda machines.

And now the propaganda is paying off.   ...

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 1

Hi members.

I have been lurking for a few months now watching everyone's topic discussions and opinions and I decided to join as you seem to have much better intellectual perspective on subjects, well most of you and especially in the oil industry that many others seem to dismiss on other platforms.

My joining is not to offer my opinion as much as it is an attempt to learn what you know or perceive with everything going on in the world.  I do tend to follow closely some more than others on here as they are on point with a lot of things but I will not mention names.

In regards to what is going on, do any of you see that this is completely socially engineered right out of  Alinsky's play book and that this is just the "honey mood" period for what is much more to come?  I don't see this being about race as much as I see this as opportunity to further exploit for both personal and group gain.  We have all been warned about this day for a very long time and pushed it aside as conspiracy theory so we really can't act too surprised.

Regardless I am happy to be part of this discussion community and hope to pick many of your brains for further insight.

R.

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

The Minneapolis Putsch

Well, it looks like the Resistance’s long-anticipated “Second Civil War” has finally begun … more or less exactly on cue. Rioting has broken out across the nation. People are looting and burning stores and attacking each other in the streets. Robocops are beating, tear-gassing, and shooting people with non-lethal projectiles. State National Guards have been deployed, curfews imposed, “emergencies” declared. Secret Servicemen are fighting back angry hordes attempting to storm the White House. Trump is tweeting from an “underground bunker.” Opportunist social media pundits on both sides of the political spectrum are whipping people up into white-eyed frenzies. Americans are at each other’s throats, divided by identity politics, consumed by rage, hatred, and fear.

Things couldn’t be going better for the Resistance if they had scripted it themselves.

Actually, they did kind of script it themselves. Not the murder of poor George Floyd, of course. Racist police have been murdering Black people for as long as there have been racist police. No, the Resistance didn’t manufacture racism. They just spent the majority of the last four years creating and promoting an official narrative which casts most Americans as “white supremacists” who literally elected Hitler president, and who want to turn the country into a racist dictatorship.

According to this official narrative, which has been relentlessly disseminated by the corporate media, the neoliberal intelligentsia, the culture industry, and countless hysterical, Trump-hating loonies, the Russians put Donald Trump in office with those DNC emails they never hacked and some division-sowing Facebook ads that supposedly hypnotized Black Americans into refusing to come out and vote for Clinton. Putin purportedly ordered this personally, as part of his plot to “destroy democracy.” The plan was always for President Hitler to embolden his white-supremacist followers into launching the “RaHoWa,” or the “Boogaloo,” after which Trump would declare martial law, dissolve the legislature, and pronounce himself Führer. Then they would start rounding up and murdering the Jews, and the Blacks, and Mexicans, and other minorities, according to this twisted liberal fantasy.

I’ve been covering the roll-out and dissemination of this official narrative since 2016, and have documented much of it in my essays, so I won’t reiterate all that here. Let’s just say, I’m not exaggerating, much. After four years of more or less constant conditioning, millions of Americans believe this fairy tale, despite the fact that there is absolutely zero evidence whatsoever to support it. Which is not exactly a mystery or anything. It would be rather surprising if they didn’t believe it. We’re talking about the most formidable official propaganda machine in the history of official propaganda machines.

And now the propaganda is paying off.   ...

I thought it was quite predictible to be honest, I expected we would get a really bad recession and combined with the 2020 election the stage was set.

I have to say when the Joker film came out I was really struck with the timing of it's release at a time when it seemed increasingly likely there could be tensions due to the above reasons. It's become a self fulfilling prophecy.

I also think Hollywood and the music industry has a lot to answer for as well, virtually all films with black people in them are about gangsters and violence as is the music. They're basically creating criminals.

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3

This is insane, I assume your 'media' is reporting this?

Police shot, police run over, a convoy of police fired on, two security guards working at Homeland security shot and apparently home invasions in DC.

It's always hard to judge how serious a situation is because they can be isolated incidents but the videos I've seen look more like civil war.

I wonder if this is why our government in the UK has showered everyone with free money until October to get us passed riot season before the financial excrement hits the fan. It's rare for people to protest in Autumn because our weather is so bad

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

What amazes me is that, according to the Chinese news, there are now demostrations in Europe and elsewhere concerning racism and police brutality...in the States!

Where were these people during the Hong Kong demonstrations....or even during the Ferguson show?

I am becoming more and more convinced that an outside party is instigating this!

• Like 6

CCTV4 (Chinese News) is really getting some ‘mileage’ out of these riots....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wombat said:

Doug, that is precisely why the political correctness movement is so dangerous. It is a left-wing plot to overthrow civil society, just as the guy in the video above has said.

Talk is cheap. 

Blacks want the economy to work for all.  They want representation at all levels of society including corporate America, to reflect their population numbers.  They want targets for diversity.