Douglas Buckland

Rioting and Protesting

6 minutes ago, Hotone said:

Talk is cheap. 

Blacks want the economy to work for all.  They want representation at all levels of society including corporate America, to reflect their population numbers.  They want targets for diversity.

Then they should work hard like everyone else does and stop blaming everyone else for failure.

Companies are already falling over themselves to get diversity hires and have been for years but if you don't have the education or skills then it won't be you that gets the job.

Or you can burn down cities...I'm sure that will work

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

39 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

What amazes me is that, according to the Chinese news, there are now demostrations in Europe and elsewhere concerning racism and police brutality...in the States!

Where were these people during the Hong Kong demonstrations....or even during the Ferguson show?

I am becoming more and more convinced that an outside party is instigating this!

If they have the power to do it then I'm sure they would just like we would do it to them.

Our own useful idiots are bad enough.

If you haven't watched this then you really must, you can substitute the Soviet Communists for other internal or external groups, it might not be the Soviets doing this today but the tactics are exactly the same.

Edited by El Nikko
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

What amazes me is that, according to the Chinese news, there are now demostrations in Europe and elsewhere concerning racism and police brutality...in the States!

Where were these people during the Hong Kong demonstrations....or even during the Ferguson show?

I am becoming more and more convinced that an outside party is instigating this!

I don't usually watch Chinese news, but I follow some European channels to diversify my sources of information.  One of the channels I follow showed this:

(edited)

5 hours ago, Marcin2 said:

It is 6 times more probable for black male to be incarcerated than white male.

1 out 11 young and middle aged males in US are criminals.

If he is White probability  is 1 to 22

If he is black probability is more than 1 to 4.

For policemen in US racial profiling is natural.

And you say this as an astute observer of American life from .... Poland.  

Family A has 2 of 4 children in jail.

Family B has 1 of 4 children in jail.

Clearly society is biased against Family A.   😕

Or maybe, just maybe, family A commits more crimes than family B.

No!   Couldn't be that or CNN would have told you to type that.

Edited by Bob D
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

42 minutes ago, Bob D said:

And you say this as an astute observer of American life from .... Poland.  

Family A has 2 of 4 children in jail.

Family B has 1 of 4 children in jail.

Clearly society is biased against Family A.   😕

Or maybe, just maybe, family A commits more crimes than family B.

No!   Couldn't be that or CNN would have told you to type that.

I do not understand your comment ?, it means that I am for some point of view , like what CNN presents ? I just cited statistics from BJS. If I were a cop I would be just very cautious whenever I would deal with black male 20-45 years old. This is what I mean by racial profiling, policemen should do this for their own safety.

You are right I know nothing about crime in US from my personal experience, I felt safe in US.

Edited by Marcin2
Typo

(edited)

34 minutes ago, Marcin2 said:

I do not understand your comment ?, it means that I am for some point of view , like what CNN presents ? I just cited statistics from BJS. If I were a cop I would be just bery cautious whenever I would deal with black male 20-45 years old. This is what I mean by racial profiling, policemen should do this for their own safety.

So treat people differently based on the color of their skin???   WHY???

Nice Marcin.  The real you coming out!

Edited by Bob D
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

51 minutes ago, Bob D said:

So treat people diffently based on the color of their skin???   WHY???

Nice Marcin.  The real you coming out!

Please try to understand, this profiling is just derived from statistics, these are raw data, facts. I do not know much about racism cause 99.5% of people in Poland are white, but using facts for your own safety is just rational.

Do you think doctors dealing with skin cancer are also racist ? It is much more probable that white person would have this cancer, and here doctors are also using  statistics ( Maybe words: racial profiling are very inconvenient, but English is foreign language for me) for the safety of their patients.

Edited by Marcin2
Typo

(edited)

5 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

And who’s fault is this? Are white people responsible for the disproportionate incarcerations?

Can you please provide some documentation that supports your statements that a) 1 out of 11 middle aged males in America are criminals, and b) that it is natural for policemen in the US to racially profile?

I have opinion about who is at fault ( it is not crystalized so actually i do not know) , but White people or any people understood as 99% of society are defnitely not to blame.

The data are from BJS reports: Incarceration in the United States, I used the one from 2010, cause newer data would need too much rework, and I had 15 minutes.

These are data about incarceration. Criminals are people that committed crime recently and are under some type of control by authorities. Total number of criminals is about 3-3.5 times the number of inmates as it also includes people on parole, probation etc.

Total number of these people by gender, ethnicity and age gives data I cited.

It is rough estimation for White males it could be 1/21 or 1/24, for black guys 1/3,7 or 1/4,2 but the trend would be the same.

I find it natural and rational that people would strive to assess risks on the basis of available data and because this time this data consider ethnicity does not make them „bad data „ or „racist data”

Policemen should treat with dignity all human beings.

Edited by Marcin2
Typo

Got it.  Your comments would get you in a lot of trouble with the race baiters in America.  How dare you state that ethnicity or race has something to do with decision making regarding assessing risks.  Just saying.  I'm moving on!  Enjoy your evening.

3 hours ago, El Nikko said:

Then they should work hard like everyone else does and stop blaming everyone else for failure.

Companies are already falling over themselves to get diversity hires and have been for years but if you don't have the education or skills then it won't be you that gets the job.

Or you can burn down cities...I'm sure that will work

Robert Johnson, founder of Black Entertainment Television, told CNBC on Monday the US government should provide $ 14 trillion of reparations for slavery to help reduce racial inequality. The wealth divide and  police brutality against blacks are at the heart of protests that have erupted across the nation following last week's killing of George Floyd during an arrest in Minneapolis.

"Now is the time to go big" to keep America from dividing into two separate and unequal societies.

“Wealth transfer is what’s needed,” Johnson said. “Think about this. Since 200-plus-years or so of slavery, labor taken with no compensation, is a wealth transfer. Denial of access to education, which is a primary driver of accumulation of income and wealth, is a wealth transfer.” “I’m talking about cash. We are a society based on wealth. That’s the foundation of capitalism.”

In November of 2019, Leaders of the New Jersey’s Legislative Black Caucus introduced a bill that would establish a Reparations Task Force, which would aim to research the history of slavery within the state, any racial discrimination that stemmed from it, and how the state could help make up for it.

(edited)

I suspect the police officer who started the whole mess is a sadist.  He had his hands in his pockets the whole time he was kneeing the guy.  Wonder what it was doing there. And right after it all started, his wife immediately filed for divorce.

No comment on the larger issues.  But that part caught my eye.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Richard Hall said:

Hi members.

I have been lurking for a few months now watching everyone's topic discussions and opinions and I decided to join as you seem to have much better intellectual perspective on subjects, well most of you and especially in the oil industry that many others seem to dismiss on other platforms.

My joining is not to offer my opinion as much as it is an attempt to learn what you know or perceive with everything going on in the world.  I do tend to follow closely some more than others on here as they are on point with a lot of things but I will not mention names.

In regards to what is going on, do any of you see that this is completely socially engineered right out of  Alinsky's play book and that this is just the "honey mood" period for what is much more to come?  I don't see this being about race as much as I see this as opportunity to further exploit for both personal and group gain.  We have all been warned about this day for a very long time and pushed it aside as conspiracy theory so we really can't act too surprised.

Regardless I am happy to be part of this discussion community and hope to pick many of your brains for further insight.

R.

Huh ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hotone said:

Robert Johnson, founder of Black Entertainment Television, told CNBC on Monday the US government should provide $ 14 trillion of reparations for slavery to help reduce racial inequality. The wealth divide and  police brutality against blacks are at the heart of protests that have erupted across the nation following last week's killing of George Floyd during an arrest in Minneapolis.

"Now is the time to go big" to keep America from dividing into two separate and unequal societies.

“Wealth transfer is what’s needed,” Johnson said. “Think about this. Since 200-plus-years or so of slavery, labor taken with no compensation, is a wealth transfer. Denial of access to education, which is a primary driver of accumulation of income and wealth, is a wealth transfer.” “I’m talking about cash. We are a society based on wealth. That’s the foundation of capitalism.”

In November of 2019, Leaders of the New Jersey’s Legislative Black Caucus introduced a bill that would establish a Reparations Task Force, which would aim to research the history of slavery within the state, any racial discrimination that stemmed from it, and how the state could help make up for it.

Yeah!  Good idea.

$14 Trillion

So in his mind (and yours), my daughters should pay black Americans today for something my kids, my wife, my parents, my grandparents had nothing to do with.  My family immigrated from Holland and Germany in the 1900's.  You pay my part Hotone. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Us usual, Martin Luther King Jr says it best:

Let me say as I've always said, and I will always continue to say, that riots are socially destructive and self-defeating. I'm still convinced that nonviolence is the most potent weapon available to oppressed people in their struggle for freedom and justice. I feel that violence will only create more social problems than they will solve. That in a real sense it is impracticable for the Negro to even think of mounting a violent revolution in the United States. So I will continue to condemn riots, and continue to say to my brothers and sisters that this is not the way. And continue to affirm that there is another way.

But at the same time, it is as necessary for me to be as vigorous in condemning the conditions which cause persons to feel that they must engage in riotous activities as it is for me to condemn riots. I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation's summers of riots are caused by our nation's winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention.

41 minutes ago, BLA said:

Huh ?

What part do you need clarification on? Did I derail?

1 hour ago, Zhong Lu said:

I suspect the police officer who started the whole mess is a sadist.  He had his hands in his pockets the whole time he was kneeing the guy.  Wonder what it was doing there. And right after it all started, his wife immediately filed for divorce.

8 minutes seems like a long time and hands in pockets does indicate not much of a struggle. It is worth noting that kneeling on the neck is part of some police training and you can see it in many many videos.

I'd also add that he didn't start anything, he might very well be a murderer but that is NO excuse for people totally unrelated to the victim to beat innocent people because they just happened to be white or burn shops to the ground and act like a bunch of savages.

It looks to me that certain groups with an agenda (media included) stoked the flames knowing full well that the likes of BLM and Co would over react.

15 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

In an effort to foster debate, I would like to make some comments in regards to the ongoing rioting and protests, not only in America, but apparently in Canada as well.

As we are all aware, the protests started when Asian and Caucasian policemen apparently caused the death of a black man while detaining him after an arrest.

This lead to protests against police brutality and racism, which then morphed into protests against inequality in health care and ‘white entitlement’, among other things.

What I find odd is the lack of debate, or even the will to debate, these issues. It seems that unless you are ‘black’, and often if you are, you are not considered to have ‘skin in the game’, or a valid opinion.

Many black folks you see on the news, who have lost their businesses or homes, are not heard either.

How can we, as a society, resolve these issues if one side refuses to listen to the other?

There is plenty of blame to go around, regardless of color. If we really want to resolve these issues....we have got to be prepared to listen.

I don't think it is quite the racial phenomenon it appears to be. The issue is that the black middle class has left the inner city along with its social support network and now lives in the suburban belt. That distancing has done as much harm as the migration of talent and the middle class out of Rural white communities (and black ones too) to leave behind a highly disadvantaged society with pathetic schools and resources, and bloated ineffective government.

The future of the dense cities is now ever more bleak than it has been, as nobody will need to live there for their work if the work from home movement is here to stay, with all its migrational impacts.

I think the protesters are recognizing that their future as communities is threatened. That they would be third world refugee camps surrounded by an abandoned once great metropolis crumbling around them. .

• Upvote 4

57 minutes ago, Bob D said:

Yeah!  Good idea.

$14 Trillion

So in his mind (and yours), my daughters should pay black Americans today for something my kids, my wife, my parents, my grandparents had nothing to do with.  My family immigrated from Holland and Germany in the 1900's.  You pay my part Hotone. 

You think the US pays for anything with taxes anymore?  Just look at the deficits. Balancing the books is not even considered anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Enthalpic said:

You think the US pays for anything with taxes anymore?  Just look at the deficits. Balancing the books is not even considered anymore.

They will pay for it with a reduced standard of living.  Once again, Democrats support lowering the standard of living for everybody rather than aspiring to raise the standard.  It's their playbook.

13 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Also, what is ‘white privilege’? Is this any worse than ‘black entitlement’ 

Personally, I have never met a white person who felt they were, or should be, more priviledged than anyone else. By the same token, I have never met a black person who felt that they were entitled to anything that others were not.

Is this simply more ‘race baiting’ by the media or politicians?

If you believe that everyone should be judged, and valued, by who they are and how much they contribute to society, then perpetual ‘affirmative action’ is a racist policy. It addressed an issue at a certain point in our history, but it was never intended to be enforced forever.

Companies, universities, etc...should never even consider race. Hiring and admissions should be strictly based on merit and ability. 

If, for example, inner city schools are not preparing students sufficiently to compete in the university admissions arena, you address this issue at the inner city school level. Admitting students who are unprepared based on race simply sets them up to fail later, with the knock-on results.

Forcing companies to hire less than the best qualified for a job is inefficient and an additional cost to the company.

This is not racist, this is common sense.

There are plenty of wise and intelligent Black people in American history and at present. I have a topic on that. They are actually a large percentage of my favorite people because I know how they are ostracized by many in the Black community at large. Being a good student, or an open minded and honest intellectual is strongly frowned upon by many of them. They are picked on in school and society at all levels. Only the strong survive. The weak just go along with the group and often get sucked into bad habits and achieve far less than they otherwise would. The culture must change if they wish to have greater success as a group.

The most successful groups in the world have always been the most educated, in every way, practical and intellectual. I came from a very poor background, dropped out of high school and went into the army at age 17. I finished high school at the same time my other schoolmates did (through army educational opportunities). I used the GI Bill to go to college when I got out and didn't get my B.A. in Political Science until age 30. I got a Masters in Counseling at age 40. Added an RN at age 50. I  never made a lot of money but have always owned homes and was fortunate enough to have a retirement plan. 

A plumber or an electrician would have made a lot more money than I have in life, but I was never mechanically inclined and enjoyed studying whatever I chose to study. I was never interested in following the herd and had no mechanical aptitude. 

I have two related topics on in my aggregated stories:

Wise Black Leaders https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lLAMvNvWRBZtV6QvOBFgetcvFsnPzOgdtEMuAerW0p0/edit

Racial Issues in America and Around the World https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mFJYCpS1u9UBlwYIU5P94vH0fXvwWF3WAFwiqZIFlpU/edit

• Like 2

(edited)

2 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

No hands in pockets.  If you look close he is wearing black gloves.  They are actually at his side.

Divorce. His lawyer probably told his wife to file so she and any kids can live.  After he's convicted criminally for murder there will be a huge civil suit against him and Floyd's family will get every penny he has. He probably already signed over everything to his wife. 

Might be able to legally claw back the assets taken by the wife. 

Floyd's family will sue the police department also.  That's an easy win. 

I heard another officer said "he's not breathing".  George Floyd was unconscious and  not breathing.  The officer knew this,  yet the officer kept his knee on George's neck for 3 more minutes.

My opinion Murder One , give him 60 years.  

He's on suicide watch.  

Gotta deal with the other three officers.  Charge them.  

Edited by BLA
  • Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Also, what is ‘white privilege’? Is this any worse than ‘black entitlement’ 

Personally, I have never met a white person who felt they were, or should be, more priviledged than anyone else. By the same token, I have never met a black person who felt that they were entitled to anything that others were not.

White privilege is not a feeling or opinion by an individual - at least hopefully.  I like to believe that most people are not severely racist anymore.

Years of segregation did create a white privilege that persists to this day.   By excluding blacks from certain neighbourhoods it concentrated the wealth, and taxes, into those areas.  School boards etc. are funded locally, and unequally.  Socioeconomic factors persist for generations if not indefinitely.   Every heard of "old money" from a WASP?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redlining

This still persists to this day, suburbs are over represented by white people who can afford to leave the cities. When they leave the city they take their money with them, and the people who were too poor to leave end up worse off. Alternatively, you gentrify the area and drive them out with rising property taxes and rents.

None of what is unfolding is new, hard to blame NWO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_riots

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots

12 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Yes, shortly after the Las Vegas shooting.  That madness woke a lot of people up, and many people started openly questioning the narrative being presented.

Ferguson is actually a decent town next to the St. Louis International Airport. We actually stopped there, for gas, recently. It looks like any other little town along the freeway and is quite modern there. Those who ruined it, during the riots, were mainly from St. Louis and outside agitators. The Obama FBI were called in and did nothing, apparently, but take notes on the local police (that is my impression). The perpetrator was totally in the wrong and deserved to be shot. Fortunately the policeman was able to shoot him before he could be overcome by the thug. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Richard Hall said:

https://nypost.com/2020/06/01/florida-police-chief-encourages-residents-to-shoot-looters/

Good thing everyone didn't hand in their guns like they are doing here in Canada because someone dressed perfectly as an RCMP officer and had the perfect RCMP car went around on a 12 hour shooting spree.  

Sounds like a cool Chief!

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2