Douglas Buckland

Rioting and Protesting

6 minutes ago, SUZNV said:

They aim for a "more meaningful trophy" and other trophies are shallow. Feeling lacking behind, loser,  is not good for mental health so they want to pass the sad feeling of losing to someone else.

Their parents are aiming for "best parent of the year" trophy in the coming election. 

I never did that with my children. Best for them to learn while they are young that losing is also a part of winning. It's also a part of every day life. I never wanted them to go out into a harsh hard world without realizing what was possible.....

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

I never did that with my children. Best for them to learn while they are young that losing is also a part of winning. It's also a part of every day life. I never wanted them to go out into a harsh hard world without realizing what was possible.....

I call my son "Sue" all the time.  Peace, Johnny.

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 3

(edited)

I used to stand by quietly while they were screwing up, and then they would look at me and say I should have told them better. I would just laugh and ask them if they really would have listened to me. Then I would tell them that I just saw Captain Dumbass caping up.... Gotta make 'em learn to not only make mistakes, but to be able to laugh at themselves afterwards....

Edited by SERWIN
ADDED
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Do you guys know what's the best thing about Switzerland?

(edited)

20 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Chocolate ?

Watches ?

Skiing ?

Swiss Bank accounts ? 

Shania Twain lives there now ?

Fondue ?

Diced veal kidneys cooked with onions ?

Edited by BLA
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 5:37 PM, El Nikko said:

Well friend you talk down to those of us that didn't

Yeah, well, he talks down to me and I went to Yale;  OK, so I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth.  He still denigrates me.

I am very conscious of having a privileged upbringing and having doors magically open for me that would never open for others. All of that is an accident of birth, and a function of circumstance.  You want to be careful, going through life, not to confuse accidents of birth with personal accomplishment, or merit for that matter.   We live in an unequal society.  Let's all pitch in to make it a better world. 

• Great Response! 6
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BLA said:
9 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Chocolate ?

Nah.   You can log in to Oilprice.com even in Switzerland!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Nah.   You can log in to Oilprice.com even in Switzerland!  

Well, I don't know about that, but their flag's a plus!

• Haha 3

On 6/4/2020 at 11:43 AM, Enthalpic said:

I'm far from ivy league.

University of Alberta is much cheaper and easier to get into.

gotta watch out for the Stampede though!

A very interesting vide

o for some perspective in these troubled times.

• Great Response! 3

8 hours ago, SERWIN said:

And that's why we have inequality in the first place. Your children will grow up in a responsible environment and won't take other support for granted, very unlikely they will go looting or asking for equality. Skin color wouldn't be a matter.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/4/2020 at 11:25 PM, El Nikko said:

I would love that to be true but genetics must surely play a part in this

Sub Saharan IQ is around 65-70 IQ and blacks in the US is around 80-85% which is well below average.

I hope they figure it out but I'm not going to have my family murdered because of a social experiment gone wrong...lets face it we just don't know.

That's total BS, please try to pull some numbers also from the other sleeve. 

And now it's my time to cherrypick - I will compare the intelligence of Donald Trump and Barrack Obama, and conclude from my "objectively selected sample" that black people are intellectual titans compared to their Trump-grade counterparts. 

• Downvote 1

(edited)

Poor families tend to eat less well than those with higher incomes and poor neighborhoods also tend to be closer to pollution sources such as refineries. These two factors can have a big influence on brain development and learning. 

Edited by Refman

On 6/6/2020 at 2:14 AM, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

That's total BS, please try to pull some numbers also from the other sleeve. 

And now it's my time to cherrypick - I will compare the intelligence of Donald Trump and Barrack Obama, and conclude from my "objectively selected sample" that black people are intellectual titans compared to their Trump-grade counterparts. 

The statistics don't reflect any individual's capacities, and all can improve on their native gift if the want to, and more so if they are helped by skilled teachers and cognitive psychs.

Obama is very much more intelligent than anyone who has held the presidency in my lifetime, but possibly Slick Willie, but that is not a criterion for a good president. Character, ideology, leadership and social skills etc. play into it far more than intelligence. Obama hated social interaction, and actually did read reams of reports from the diplomatic corps about people and countries he didn't want to visit or meet. Really didn't make him any better a president than if he were capable of human interaction rather than be a highly intelligent borderline Aspberger's personality.

• Like 2