30 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

If he "overstimulates" for political gain that is just vote buying with deficit money.

Convenient for him he has won't have to answer many budget questions.  All questions would be answered with "COVID" so why bother asking.

Of course, dumping money into the economy helps but any idiot can do that. 

Almost like a company that cooks the books so they can keep the investors happy for another quarter or two...

That is always common cause at the approach of election day to have large stimulus if the economy is on its face. This rather China 2008 like stimulus is with the cooperation of congress Dems and Senate mainstream Reps. Trump was by no means on his own.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, El Gato said:

So what, They have Protocol to follow, doesn't matter who's in office, and like you said, he's not a king. So when the occasion merits he has to listen to them.It's their job.

You tell the SS to shove their "protocol" and stop living in fear.  They are supposed to be governing the people, not be kings of the people above them.  Hell, if it was up to me, I would defund 100% of all the added "protection" that has been added since 911.  Then I would roll it back even further.  It is why we have police. 

20 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

I do agree that he is personality wise a wannabe strongman. But he is not alone in his office and is surrounded by an administration that holds him back and a bureaucracy that acts rapidly against any of his over-reaches as those step on their toes.

As for his electoral strategy, it worked for him once, and it may work for him again, as the people who are energized with rage are his base, straight out blaming the Dem governors and "the swamp" bureaucrats for both the shutdowns and the riots. Not Trump and not the virus. For the Swing voters, as I pointed out - the enormous stimulus still being pushed through the system may actually cause an economic breakthrough to broad growth across the country outside the city cores and their states. Since city cores would never vote for him anyway, it is a winning proposition for Trump. The mass evacuation of the wealthy and middle and upper class from the big cities is already ongoing. Their suburbs are getting unsolicited bids. The wealth transfer is enormous and goes straight into the property values of the independent and conservative leaning suburbanites and small towners that also contain his core supporters.

NYC may be gutted economically within 2 years and continue spiraling for the next 2 decades.  Similarly CA in general and SF and the Valley and LA in particular. Seattle as well as Boston Chicago and Philly. Not clear what happens to Detroit.

The general mood of the Trump supporter's message to the undecided and skeptical is to point to the Democratic states and and cities and ask "aren't you glad you weren't there"?  Why would you want to give the Dems the whole country?

I believe Donald's political instincts are suspect. He got lucky in 2016 then spent the last three years getting high on his own supply. Public opinion shifted on Black Lives Matter after cops did things like push a 75 year old white man onto the pavement. What did Donald's political instincts tell him to do? Come out in favor of pushing a 75 year old white man onto the pavement. 

Annotation 2020-06-09 091608.png

103785706_10217271623805273_4603674478766243929_o.jpg

40 minutes ago, BradleyPNW said:

I believe Donald's political instincts are suspect. He got lucky in 2016 then spent the last three years getting high on his own supply. Public opinion shifted on Black Lives Matter after cops did things like push a 75 year old white man onto the pavement. What did Donald's political instincts tell him to do? Come out in favor of pushing a 75 year old white man onto the pavement. 

Annotation 2020-06-09 091608.png

103785706_10217271623805273_4603674478766243929_o.jpg

75 year old Antifa Provocateur... That one is a whopper . Anyone that buys into Trumps Tweet needs to really seriously have their head examined

• Like 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, notsonice said:

75 year old Antifa Provocateur... That one is a whopper . Anyone that buys into Trumps Tweet needs to really seriously have their head examined

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/tacoma-ice-police-shooting-washington-willem-van-spronsen-antifa-detention-centre-a9004131.html

Antifa is spread all over the west coast...would you like more? Here is another old geezer...

india-trump-protest.jpg

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 2

As the man says, we are not a part of the conversation:

• Like 1

And of course the the justice warrior wheeler....he cost the city 4 million in one riot... 

• Like 1

"They don't get outraged about the Taliban but they do get outraged about conservative opinion." - Tom Cotton. 

CPC, conservative persecution complex. Today's conservatives are always crying about something. Then they go on Fox News and commiserate with the host about how unfair the world is to them. 

• Rolling Eye 1

And from Chicago, a recording that is worth a thousand words.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Waaay too much TDS in this thread for my liking.  SERWIN captured the salient points but not as eloquently as I'd like. My takeaways:

1. The angle of the bible is irrelevant.  The content may not be too often read by Trump but he understands the intent
  2.  The unruly political protesters were warned 3 times that the AG wanted the perimeter extended, they did not comply with the lawful request and were shoved... tear gas would have been justified on those law breaking SJW cry-babies
  3.  Trump is not the type to run away from a fight, if he was in a bunker it was because protocol demanded it
  4.  The photo op was deliberate and intended to thumb the nose at (i) the protesters, and (ii) the NY incompetent Governor and Mayor.  The idea was to show them what a little bit of leadership can do
  • Great Response! 3

And what does any of this conversation have to do with Oil Prices?

Switch over to one of the children’s social media sites, please!

• Rolling Eye 1

20 minutes ago, Aggie’80 said:

Oil prices are in the dumpster. And who wins the 2020 election will have a huge factor in oil prices around the world for the next few years. In the meantime enjoy the debates

• Haha 1

On 6/9/2020 at 6:10 PM, footeab@yahoo.com said:

You tell the SS to shove their "protocol" and stop living in fear.  They are supposed to be governing the people, not be kings of the people above them.  Hell, if it was up to me, I would defund 100% of all the added "protection" that has been added since 911.  Then I would roll it back even further.  It is why we have police. 

Government agencies like the Secret Service, the Military, the FBI, the NSA and such all have protocols they HAVE to follow, or they got fired or it all falls apart. Just as the military has a protocol for launching nuclear missiles, The Secret Service has to follow when the situation is warranted in their determination. If he is harmed, something failed in their protocol. Also The Presidents have had protection since Lincoln, which has been warranted, and the police have a different mission.

• Rolling Eye 1

4 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Government agencies like the Secret Service, the Military, the FBI, the NSA and such all have protocols they HAVE to follow, or they got fired

And 100% not true.  Bureaucrats the world over have nothing to do but make up protocol/rules, etc to justify their existence.  In this case, the president is king in his own domain, and SS is not.  Outside of the domain, ok, then SS has some say, but minimal. 

And yes, most of them need to be fired.  Look at the costs... they are every increasing as their bureaucratic paranoia is ever increasing pretending they are all important instead of the USA citizens.  Living in paranoia/fear is not the solution

On 6/10/2020 at 12:56 PM, Aggie’80 said:

dvp12.jpg

And some inside information about the group that doesn't exist:  ANTIFA