Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HL

New task force formed-to evaluate postal service

President Trump signed an executive order seeking a review of the United States Postal Service’s business practices in what is widely understood to be part of the president’s continued attacks on Amazon. Treasury has four months to deliver its recommendations on an agency the president has repeatedly claimed is a vast financial burden to taxpayers.  I think that dismantling the USPS monopoly could do more to help Amazon than harm it. But then again, who I am 

this all seems a bit backwards. So, Amazon is accused of harming USPS, but USPS is a financial burden on taxpayers ... well, yes, i probably is in this digital era. It hasn't moved with the times as it should have. 

maybe they'll franchise it out to Amazon :)

9 minutes ago, TraderTate said:

this all seems a bit backwards. So, Amazon is accused of harming USPS, but USPS is a financial burden on taxpayers ... well, yes, i probably is in this digital era. It hasn't moved with the times as it should have. 

On a USPS webpage, in a section titled The Top 10 Things You Should Know About the U.S. Postal Service, #1 reads “The Postal Service receives NO tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.”

• Like 1

entire concept of evaluating Postal Service operations is ridiculous. Most of the problems the Postal Service has are based on Congressional mandates.

13 minutes ago, TraderTate said:

USPS has problems. that is $15 billion debt is a direct result of the mandate that it must pay about $5.6 billion a year for 10 years to prefund the retiree healthcare plan. But in Trumps mind, it is Amazon

"Butt-pain over Bezos owning Washington Post and that he is better businessman than me" Task Force

42 minutes ago, Hajga Loma DK said:

President Trump signed an executive order seeking a review of the United States Postal Service’s business practices in what is widely understood to be part of the president’s continued attacks on Amazon. Treasury has four months to deliver its recommendations on an agency the president has repeatedly claimed is a vast financial burden to taxpayers.  I think that dismantling the USPS monopoly could do more to help Amazon than harm it. But then again, who I am 

Amazon was doing the same when Bezos supported Trump

this is Trump failing Capitalism 1o1

I have nothing to say on this topic. I am still waiting for Trump's tax returns 

1 minute ago, Meanwhile said:

I have nothing to say on this topic. I am still waiting for Trump's tax returns 

still looking how to deduct Stormy payment

48 minutes ago, Hajga Loma DK said:

Amazon and other online sellers are keeping the postal service alive, thats what there going to find out. Surely not grandma sending greeting card from Florida

perhaps more proof that the postal system is ... broken?

A postal worker in Brooklyn was just charged because they discovered him hoarding mail. He had 17,000 pieces of mail dating back to 2005 in his car, apartment, etc. Why? Because he felt overwhelmed at all the mail. Too much to deliver. 

http://fox5sandiego.com/2018/04/19/overwhelmed-postal-worker-arrested-after-17000-pieces-of-undelivered-mail-found/