Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rodent

Is Today's Tesla News Good or Bad?

I'll go with 'good'. Can't help being bullish on Tesla. Musk may test shareholder patience a lot, but in the end, he'll get there and the China victory is a huge one, especially in the current atmosphere. 

• Like 1

I'll go with bad. Everything has its end so does the shareholders' patience and mine when it comes to Tesla and the amount of attention he gets for every single thing they do. 

Looks like the market is going to vote "bad"--Tesla stock down 0.75% as of 2:15pm EST.

I would say  temporary bad. I have no doubt Tesla will find its way out of this, as always. 

• Like 1

I would say that one offsets the other, and the result is, like Vlad says, a temporary setback which Tesla's investors will forget about tomorrow. Besides, Musk will have some new tweet for investors to lap up tomorrow.

Now Tesla is saying that its Model 3 production halt was due to upgrades which will allow it to ramp up to 4000 cars per week in May and 6000 cars/wk in June.

Yeah.....

tilting towards bad.. Tesla's competition (the Germans) is currently developing very powerful EV's - I put my money on BMW to take Tesla's crown.

1 hour ago, Rodent said:

Now Tesla is saying that its Model 3 production halt was due to upgrades which will allow it to ramp up to 4000 cars per week in May and 6000 cars/wk in June.

Yeah.....

No pressure at all. 

Oppenheimer analyst Colin Rusch:

"Tesla's battery production for the Model 3 is the company's real obstacle to putting cars on the road, not Model 3 assembly itself. "

• Like 1

Don't be blinded by Musk's salesmanship.  Today they announced there will soon be 3 shifts making Model 3s.  Three shifts to make as many cars as anyone else does with just 2.  I see a BK this year. 

Watching a video on a guy who did a total Model 3 tear-down tomorrow.  Should be interesting.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AZDuffman said:

Don't be blinded by Musk's salesmanship.  Today they announced there will soon be 3 shifts making Model 3s.  Three shifts to make as many cars as anyone else does with just 2.  I see a BK this year. 

Watching a video on a guy who did a total Model 3 tear-down tomorrow.  Should be interesting.

This news is concerning, in as far as Tesla is spending even more on a 3-shift operation. Still, if it gets Tesla even closer to Musk's promised Model 3 production levels, the risk might be worth it. Missing even more production targets would not be good. 

10 hours ago, Missy said:

This news is concerning, in as far as Tesla is spending even more on a 3-shift operation. Still, if it gets Tesla even closer to Musk's promised Model 3 production levels, the risk might be worth it. Missing even more production targets would not be good. 

What should be most concerning is *what* is causing the problems.  It is not the "high tech" causing it.  The problems are in fabricating steel, too many robots and too few humans.  IOW, Tesla is having problems with the simple stuff.

TSLA is looking too much like a 1999 dotcom.  Musk is burning cash at the rate of $6,000 A MINUTE!  Instead of announcing profits, he keeps announcing a new truck, that he launched a car into space, anything but profits, because there are none,

Warning lights are flashing.

• Upvote 1