Marina Schwarz

Robot Completes Hardest Job Known to Man

5 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

...which is, apparently, assembling an Ikea piece of furniture. Are we all doomed if a robot can assemble an Ikea?

Indeed, a monumental task. Whoever writes the directions for these things should be strung up by his/her toenails. I bet the directions for assembling the robot are infinitely easier.

• Like 1

bollocks. IKEA assemblies are easy and a monkey can do it. As a master furniture assembler, IKEA's engineering is far better than anyone else's, so I'm hardly impressed with the robot :)

2 hours ago, cryptocurator said:

bollocks. IKEA assemblies are easy and a monkey can do it. As a master furniture assembler, IKEA's engineering is far better than anyone else's, so I'm hardly impressed with the robot :)

Then I take my hat off to the monkeys. They have me bested.

• Like 1

Not sure what to say about this. Last year I helped my friends to assemble huge sectional sofa and it didn't go so easy as we thought it would be. But again much easier than other furniture stores. 

On 4/19/2018 at 5:57 AM, Marina Schwarz said:

...which is, apparently, assembling an Ikea piece of furniture. Are we all doomed if a robot can assemble an Ikea?

Well we all know they can't pump out Tesla's. 

• Like 1