Douglas Buckland

George Floyd’s History

(edited)

Just to set the narrative, I believe, from what I have seen, that Mr. Floyd died as a result of police brutality and that all of the officers involve should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Furthermore, I believe that everyone convicted of a crime, who does the time, should be given a second chance.

That said, if you are convicted of a crime, your history will follow you. In the case of Mr. Floyd, his past is being ignored to further the agenda of others. 

• George Floyd moved to Minneapolis in 2014 for a fresh start after being released from prison in Houston, Texas following an arrest for aggravated robbery 
  • Floyd had turned his life around but died on Monday after a white officer knelt on his neck while arresting him for allegedly paying with a fake $20 bill
  • None of the officers could have been aware of Floyd's more than a decade-old criminal history at the time of the arrest 
  • The 46-year-old had left behind his past in Houston after being released from prison stemming from a 2007 robbery 
  • He plead guilty to entering a woman’s home, pointing a gun at her stomach and searching the home for drugs and money, according to court records
  • Floyd was sentenced to 10 months in jail for having less than one gram of cocaine in a December 2005 arrest 
  • He had previously been sentenced to eight months for the same offense, stemming from an October 2002 arrest 
  • Floyd was arrested in 2002 for criminal trespassing and served 30 days in jail
  • He had another stint for a theft in August 1998 
  • https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8366533/George-Floyd-moved-Minneapolis-start-new-life-released-prison-Texas.html
Edited by Douglas Buckland
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3

Your last paragraph is certainly true, but I’d change your reading material. That outlet loves to spread propaganda whenever possible. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Smee said:

Your last paragraph is certainly true, but I’d change your reading material. That outlet loves to spread propaganda whenever possible. 

Easy enough to verify.

• Like 1

(edited)

9 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Just to set the narrative, I believe, from what I have seen, that Mr. Floyd died as a result of police brutality and that all of the officers involve should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Furthermore, I believe that everyone convicted of a crime, who does the time, should be given a second chance.

That said, if you are convicted of a crime, your history will follow you. In the case of Mr. Floyd, his past is being ignored to further the agenda of others. 

• George Floyd moved to Minneapolis in 2014 for a fresh start after being released from prison in Houston, Texas following an arrest for aggravated robbery 
  • Floyd had turned his life around but died on Monday after a white officer knelt on his neck while arresting him for allegedly paying with a fake $20 bill
  • None of the officers could have been aware of Floyd's more than a decade-old criminal history at the time of the arrest 
  • The 46-year-old had left behind his past in Houston after being released from prison stemming from a 2007 robbery 
  • He plead guilty to entering a woman’s home, pointing a gun at her stomach and searching the home for drugs and money, according to court records
  • Floyd was sentenced to 10 months in jail for having less than one gram of cocaine in a December 2005 arrest 
  • He had previously been sentenced to eight months for the same offense, stemming from an October 2002 arrest 
  • Floyd was arrested in 2002 for criminal trespassing and served 30 days in jail
  • He had another stint for a theft in August 1998 
  • https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8366533/George-Floyd-moved-Minneapolis-start-new-life-released-prison-Texas.html

So a guy with a violent criminal history gets killed during an arrest and every one is all up in arms about this. So what part of the filming of the supposed "murder" did we NOT get to see. Resisting arrest? Anyone have an entire video of the ACTUAL incident?

Kinda defeats the purpose of all the protests when the one you are protesting for has a wonderful relationship with the criminal justice system..... If he had been a perfectly innocent man I could understand, but now.... Makes you wonder what actually happened out there. Was he resisting? Who knows, maybe the body cam will shed some more light.

Edited by SERWIN
ADDED

58 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

So a guy with a violent criminal history gets killed during an arrest and every one is all up in arms about this. So what part of the filming of the supposed "murder" did we NOT get to see. Resisting arrest? Anyone have an entire video of the ACTUAL incident?

Kinda defeats the purpose of all the protests when the one you are protesting for has a wonderful relationship with the criminal justice system..... If he had been a perfectly innocent man I could understand, but now.... Makes you wonder what actually happened out there. Was he resisting? Who knows, maybe the body cam will shed some more light.

I continue to maintain that that nightclub, the stripper bar, was a continuing criminal enterprise.  The idea that Mr. Floyd and Mr. Chauvin "might not have known each other" is laughable.  The idea that everyone there is not working for the Mob is laughable.  Strip clubs are not operated by saints.  At its core, a strip club is a sex club, the girls get paid by customers for various sex acts.  The club will have private rooms "upstairs" for sex purposes.  Come on, people, don't kid yourselves about the unseemly nature of the criminal underworld.  All big cities have these places.  Even the booze they sell is "cut."   

Mr. Chauvin is/was useful in that he had access to the NCIC  ["National Crime Information Center" computers].  The idea that he had never dialled up Mr. Floyd is ludicrous;  of course he had.  Policemen do that.  Policemen will "run the plate" of a pretty girl in order to pursue her romantically.  I know a State Policeman who corralled his wife exactly by doing that; he was a very nice fellow, they had a great marriage, he had no ill intent, but Officers are not supposed to go do that, it is considered breach of discipline.   You can get suspended or fired for that, but it is impossible for the brass to control it.  Cops do all kinds of things on duty and off. 

The Mob has tentacles into lots of thiings besides strip clubs and prostitution.  In this case, the Mob made some bucks off the counterfeiting distribution operation.  That is a risky business; you get seriously drraconian jail time for that in the USA.  It turns out the shipment of counterfeit "one's" captured byu Customs and Border Protection ["CBP"} at the Border at International Falls, Minnesota were printed in China!   That is a great place to park a counterfeiting operation; well outside US laws.   I conclude the "one's" were destined for the strip club, so the patrons could buy Ones to put in the strippers' bras and panties.   They became unwitting players in the counterfeiting ring.   the crumpled bills would then be passed forward by the strippers.  

I jsut do not fathom why any of this is either surprising or shocking to anyone.  It is the way big cities are, world-wide.  There is always a crimiinal element.  All criminals need entry points into the local police, to be forewarned of "raids," other government actions, and to provide a source for "bag men" to do pay-offs of officials.  No point in being naive about it.   I conclude Floyd was an underworld "hit."  He was causing problems, other problems that the public does not know about, likely including stealing from the Mob itself.  That will get you killed. Nothing "racial" about it; the Mob does not care about race; it cares about monopolies on its money streams. Become a problem; you get killed.  

• Like 5
  • Great Response! 1

Watching this entire series of events is becoming extremely worrisome. I must say watching the video disturbed me greatly. As shocking as it is ive had to follow this closely for awhile.

There has been very little personal Information let out on Floyd, it is now known his health was poor and use of very toxic drugs played a part in his death as well.

Yet the video was so graphic....he was laid down and killed...actually it is my belief those officers made sure he was dead...

Those people wearing the uniform were not fools it would be extremely dangerous to kill a man on a public street...yet they did. 

No provocation...no violence no gun no knife no hostage taking no car chase..not one damm thing.

Risking one's career to kill someone with little or no personal provocation? My A@@ on Sunday...if you can watch that video look closely at the cop kneeling on him...he has a stone cold look. No anger..no baton bashing no physical beating....Just maximum pressure on his neck..precisely placed and focused on one objective...his death..and holding that position long after Floyd had expired. 

Jan van Eck is correct I believe Floyd was brutally hit...a planned hit he was also under the influence of phentanyl a drug that would hasten his demise.

That lead cop was a stone cold killer.

• Like 4
  • Great Response! 1

(edited)

21 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

From your introduction I can tell you know what follows can be considered distasteful. It borders on victim-blaming and life-devaluation.

Drunk girl wearing slutty clothes in a dive bar gets raped.  Her life choices leading up to the crime were not the greatest but that doesn't charge the severity of the crime against her. 

Criminal lives matter too? Nothing he did was capital punishment level stuff. 

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

From your introduction I can tell you know what follows can be considered distasteful. It borders on victim-blaming and life-devaluation.

Drunk girl wearing slutty clothes in a dive bar get raped.  Her life choices leading up to the crime were not the greatest but that doesn't charge the severity of the crime against her. 

Your Strawman flies directly in the face of opposite commentary by @Douglas Buckland. His Greater point, which is that everyone is so focused on the murder and its politicization that the richer story of the victim's past is being studiously ignored. Do I believe he was murdered? Absolutely! Do I believe it was justified? Absolutely not! Do I believe the victim was a saint? Nope. Was the officer? Not even close. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jan van Eck said:

I continue to maintain that that nightclub, the stripper bar, was a continuing criminal enterprise.  The idea that Mr. Floyd and Mr. Chauvin "might not have known each other" is laughable.  The idea that everyone there is not working for the Mob is laughable.  Strip clubs are not operated by saints.  At its core, a strip club is a sex club, the girls get paid by customers for various sex acts.  The club will have private rooms "upstairs" for sex purposes.  Come on, people, don't kid yourselves about the unseemly nature of the criminal underworld.  All big cities have these places.  Even the booze they sell is "cut."   

Mr. Chauvin is/was useful in that he had access to the NCIC  ["National Crime Information Center" computers].  The idea that he had never dialled up Mr. Floyd is ludicrous;  of course he had.  Policemen do that.  Policemen will "run the plate" of a pretty girl in order to pursue her romantically.  I know a State Policeman who corralled his wife exactly by doing that; he was a very nice fellow, they had a great marriage, he had no ill intent, but Officers are not supposed to go do that, it is considered breach of discipline.   You can get suspended or fired for that, but it is impossible for the brass to control it.  Cops do all kinds of things on duty and off. 

The Mob has tentacles into lots of thiings besides strip clubs and prostitution.  In this case, the Mob made some bucks off the counterfeiting distribution operation.  That is a risky business; you get seriously drraconian jail time for that in the USA.  It turns out the shipment of counterfeit "one's" captured byu Customs and Border Protection ["CBP"} at the Border at International Falls, Minnesota were printed in China!   That is a great place to park a counterfeiting operation; well outside US laws.   I conclude the "one's" were destined for the strip club, so the patrons could buy Ones to put in the strippers' bras and panties.   They became unwitting players in the counterfeiting ring.   the crumpled bills would then be passed forward by the strippers.  

I jsut do not fathom why any of this is either surprising or shocking to anyone.  It is the way big cities are, world-wide.  There is always a crimiinal element.  All criminals need entry points into the local police, to be forewarned of "raids," other government actions, and to provide a source for "bag men" to do pay-offs of officials.  No point in being naive about it.   I conclude Floyd was an underworld "hit."  He was causing problems, other problems that the public does not know about, likely including stealing from the Mob itself.  That will get you killed. Nothing "racial" about it; the Mob does not care about race; it cares about monopolies on its money streams. Become a problem; you get killed.  

If it is the case, then the polices were paid to go to trail for political purpose (killing 2 birds with one stone). Floyd may not knew that the bill is counterfeit.  It makes sense because Chauvin looked perfectly calm.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

36 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Your Strawman flies directly in the face of opposite commentary by @Douglas Buckland. His Greater point, which is that everyone is so focused on the murder and its politicization that the richer story of the victim's past is being studiously ignored. Do I believe he was murdered? Absolutely! Do I believe it was justified? Absolutely not! Do I believe the victim was a saint? Nope. Was the officer? Not even close. 

I just said it could be considered distasteful. Like saying "not to be sexist" and then saying something very sexist.

The "richer story" of the guys past, while interesting,  is pretty much irrelevant.  If the cops defence brings it up in court it will almost certainly be thrown out immediately.

I do think Jan may be onto something.  The guy was probably purposely killed for some other reason, but that reason doesn't really matter when it comes to this clear murder.

Edited by Enthalpic

7 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

I just said it could be considered distasteful. Like saying "not to be sexist" and they saying something very sexist.

The "richer story" of the guys past, while interesting,  is pretty much irrelevant.  If the cops defence brings it up in court it will almost certainly be thrown out immediately.

I do think Jan may be onto something.  The guy was probably purposely killed for some other reason, but that reason doesn't really matter when it comes to this clear murder.

Using a man's murder to further a cause of black lives matters is in itself a bastardization of black lives matters.

• Like 2

(edited)

2 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

You are absolutely correct Enny.

Dressing like a utility worker, knocking on someone's door, and sticking a gun in some lady's stomach while your 5 friends come in and tear the house up looking for drugs and money leaves NO reason for him to ever have been let loose again. The guy was as far from a saint as you could possibly get. Sorry guy, can't agree with you on this one. His life choices led up to being a thug, and realistically, the incident I described before WASN'T his first time with a gun. He should have done 50 to life for that second one, especially after he had already been busted committing a crime with a gun before. Y'all want better lives free of worry form gun violence? Make sure that the first time is a mistake, the second time becomes life in prison. No quarter for the wicked. So now, even after he has been in and out of prison for years, we are all supposed to believe he got that fake bill accidentally? The basic math doesn't add up for me, he should have been put away decades ago and never let loose upon us law abiding citizens. 

Karma is a real bitch, you know? Seems like Karma was getting a two fer on this one..... Bad cop out forever and useless thug gone now too.

And in a month this will all be forgotten about and the "peaceful protesters" will have moved on to the next sensational item 'o the day. but hey, his family got a shit load of money out of the deal.....

And don't read me wrong, I do have a hard time trying to figure out why Floyd was still lying on the ground after he was cuffed and subdued, four officers there and he should have been off the ground and secured in a car. I don't condone violence by the police, but often times the WHOLE truth doesn't come out until there is a trial. One other name for y'all to ponder. Rodney King....

Edited by SERWIN
ADDED
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SUZNV said:

If it is the case, then the polices were paid to go to trail for political purpose (killing 2 birds with one stone). Floyd may not knew that the bill is counterfeit.  It makes sense because Chauvin looked perfectly calm.

That makes sense to me. Why else would three cops all fail to stop an obvious killing. The one who said something and was ignored should get a lighter sentence IMHO, but I still think he was a coward for not tackling Chauvin or pulling him off Floyd. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

I just said it could be considered distasteful. Like saying "not to be sexist" and then saying something very sexist.

To me, it seems that your political correctness makes it very difficult to discuss the realities beyond the obvious story that everyone knows about. Meanwhile the rioting goes on because of so many saying it is justified or should not be dealt with effectively. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

I recall that his father, Pierre Elliott Trudeau and also a Prime Minister of Canada, had no compunctions about calling out the Army and placing Montreal under martial law.   He restored order after the rioting and looting associated with the FLQ, the Front de Liberation du Quebec.  Not exactly a man to put up with anything.   

The son, it would seem, is not the apple that falls "not far from the tree." 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

I recall that his father, Pierre Elliott Trudeau and also a Prime Minister of Canada, had no compunctions about calling out the Army and placing Montreal under martial law.   He restored order after the rioting and looting associated with the FLQ, the Front de Liberation du Quebec.  Not exactly a man to put up with anything.   

Another notable development toward advancing political correctness.

https://www.housebeautiful.com/lifestyle/a32769568/lego-stops-police-white-house-toys-promotion/ 

Lego Announces $4 Million Donation, Pulls Digital Advertising of Police and White House-Related Toys

"We stand with the black community against racism and inequality," the company wrote in a statement.

16 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

The War Measures Act is no longer available.  Nor do we have any serious riots that need extinguishing...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergencies_Act

9 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Another notable development toward advancing political correctness.

https://www.housebeautiful.com/lifestyle/a32769568/lego-stops-police-white-house-toys-promotion/ 

Lego Announces $4 Million Donation, Pulls Digital Advertising of Police and White House-Related Toys

"We stand with the black community against racism and inequality," the company wrote in a statement.

And the beat goes on.  Say what is expected of you, or be ostracized and shunned for nothing more than your thoughts.  At work or on your own time.  

• Upvote 6

13 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

The War Measures Act is no longer available.  Nor do we have any serious riots that need extinguishing...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergencies_Act

Tell that to the store owners and all the employees cleaning up or now unemployed. That includes a large percentage of African Americans. 

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Tell that to the store owners and all the employees cleaning up or now unemployed. That includes a large percentage of African Americans. 

I was referring to Canada.  We are so overwhelmingly white (86% white, 2% black) racial confrontations are less likely than in the US (73% white, 13% black).  It's like "herd immunity." When two people here commit crimes against each other they are most likely both white, no issues!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

I was referring to Canada.  We are so overwhelmingly white (86% white, 2% black) racial confrontations are less likely than in the US (73% white, 13% black).  It's like "herd immunity." When two people here commit crimes against each other they are most likely both white, no issues!

Actually there are so many issues right now i had let a particular issue slip by the way side. Black america is unemployed. Now just who would not be disgrunteled by no job opportunities..and flipping burgers is not a job opportunity.

SInce the demise of the auto industry the black community has suffered greatly...all so Germany can import cars...and maybe a few others. Like it or not the black community is broke angry and has every right to be upset...Trump chastised the auto makers many times for going off shore...for the love of god GM took the bailout money and financed factories in China..again hurting the american worker and empowering China..

This world trade order needs to be smitten back to the dark ages...That alone is the cause of the violence...Ever met a man or woman is who disgruntled and well capitialized...

• Upvote 4