YK

World War One was just a mild flu

At least according to some local "independent thinkers". 

World War 1 total US deaths = 116 thousands

COVID 19 total deaths = 110 thousands.

So, very comparable numbers. Of course, the war needed a year and a half to produce these numbers, while COVID 19 took just three months, and it's not over yet, by far. Nothing to worry about, eh? 

• Rolling Eye 1

1 hour ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

So, very comparable numbers. Of course, the war needed a year and a half to produce these numbers, while COVID 19 took just three months, and it's not over yet, by far. Nothing to worry about, eh? 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1968-pandemic.html

I find some deeper thinkers...

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

https://www.history.com/news/spanish-flu-pandemic-dead

Woodrow Wilson and the federal government did virtually nothing to stop the pandemic. At least that is what I have read. He was a globalist progressive Democrat, which may have nothing to do with it. Obama did virtually nothing about the Swine Flu, nothing to see there either. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

7 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

That one took me out of work for a week. My boss called me to see if I was ever coming back. Hint hint. 

Seriously i was only 12 yrs old....Never knew it happened..actually the war at that time overshadowed almost everything. 

Yes it was the TET offensive starting in january of 68...absolutely dominated the headlines.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I was discharged from the army in 1965. They wanted to reenlist me for Nam. Wisely, I declined after my three year volunteer stint. 26 months in Germany. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

I was discharged from the army in 1965. They wanted to reenlist me for Nam. Wisely, I declined after my three year volunteer stint. 26 months in Germany. 

Whao you really are a old geezzer arent you...lol ..I do remember Germany as the place to be for many yrs for quite a few people. Odd i see this recent rioting very much the same as Kent state...hopefully tensions will deescalate before something of that nature take place..

• Like 2

It already has. Many dead, black and white. It is insanity. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

Dearest Yoshi,

Covid-19 is much worse than that, and you know it.  Suggest you cut off all contact and communication with the outside world until it is safe once again.  Have no fear, we will send you a signal when it is safe to come out.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

It already has. Many dead, black and white. It is insanity. 

Very true..I find it very disheartening young black youth have to endure this stigma all over again. I just cannot believe how society allows that..

• Like 1

What talk of nonsense is this headline? The WW1 took 20 million lives and the number of casualties was 40 million. The world is bigger than US. You should pay more respect to those victims than talking like they never existed.

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

Big difference between losing 100 thousand old fat people and 100 thousand young men. To hell with this nonsense. 

• Upvote 1

(edited)

21 hours ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

Actually, it occurs to me that you bring up an interesting statistic, Yoshi.  It is tragic indeed that what took a year and a half to accomplish during WWI, only took the CCP a few months.  Thanks for highlighting the much more efficient killing of Americans by the CCP.

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, daglygre said:

What talk of nonsense is this headline? The WW1 took 20 million lives and the number of casualties was 40 million. The world is bigger than US. You should pay more respect to those victims than talking like they never existed.

He was comparing it to the 110,00 dead in the US, it was a fair US to US comparison.

38 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

He was comparing it to the 110,00 dead in the US, it was a fair US to US comparison.

Odd you would say that...It appears a tail wagging the dog moment...

5 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:
45 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Odd you would say that...It appears a tail wagging the dog moment...

Ok, Enthalpic.  Fixed it for you.  Better?

2 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

Ok, Enthalpic.  Fixed it for you.  Better?

1_mLi8e2ae7Jp3rOnhBwADPg.jpeg

Huh?