MK

Hong Kong losing „special status” with US. Much ado about nothing.

If your IQ is higher than that of frozen yogurt, it would be impossible for you to be a Biden!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

If your IQ is higher than that of frozen yogurt, it would be impossible for you to be a Biden!

Except apparently they have the money, and you and I don't.  What a racket.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Except apparently they have the money, and you and I don't.  What a racket.

You can be dumb as a stump and still be a successful criminal.

Just wait until these idiots defund or abolish the police, these ‘dumb as stump’ criminals will be coming out of the woodwork!

Did you see this?

https://itsmac.com/2020/06/02/coeur-dalene-idaho-stands-up-antifa-stands-down/

• Upvote 3

(edited)

Firstly we should question about the motives of the reports or finance analysis? Can it be fair and independent while its have the purpose of "not too bad" and "long term gaining" to attract funds or selling their shares (most finance analysis tried to be independent to persuade people to invest in them). They cannot sell anything if the analysis are in "no hope" style. The same way these financial analysts in the US for mutual funds or ETF, they appear to be transparent but the main purpose  they exist is  to make people trust and invest in them. They are simply sale man and these financial reports are their marketing flyers. Like any salesman, they will have to deflate the obvious negative and inflate the hidden positive.

Secondly CCP will not tolerate any "spread of rumors" style or people who wrote cause panic in China or HK economy will surely lose their jobs instantly and their bosses won't help them. And any counter argument would be viewed as hate CCP, want China to have a bad future etc. An indicator of this is:why would any business owners or corporations in HK have to praise the security laws before knowing about the details of it (still drafting) if they are not forced too. HSBC at first was quiet, got a warning and then have to publicly supported the HK security laws. They even cannot have the option keep the silence. CCP will use these supports to keep the credit scores to borrow money with lower interests and lend it out with higher interests or pay back the high interest debt or subsidies the industries or gov spending.

The value of HK reflect why it the 3rd ranking financial capital: highest bank density in the world, lots of fund management firms and geological world trading position, and the transparent and legal systems (similar to NY has 2 large stock exchanges but manufacturing concentrate in Midwest). HK value are not due in export and import because its strength is not in manufacturing but frankly people invest in HK because CCP promise to leave them alone until 2047. If foreign investors trust CCP completely , they would bypass HK and go straight to mainland directly so its position is to fill in gap between the distrust of CCP and access to China big market. Many "sensitives" products are forbidden to export to China but export to HK is another example.

The more CCP intervention the more losing trust, the more losing trust the more losing HK values. HK people know this and that's why they are against CCP intervention, not only losing their freedom but their economy in the futures, they have both or lose both unlike mainland Chinese can sacrifice freedom for economy.

---------------------------

We shouldn't obsess with import export the way as we sell more to you and buy less from you then we gain more than you. The value of trading itself  are in the flow of goods and services and  increase production efficiency thanks to  the competitions pressure(of course both sides have to honor the contracts and the credits in trading is everything). So if the manual labor salary increase but the productivity output per person stay the same. Currently the workers who still have jobs in China is working with even more than half pay cut, and they still consider themselves lucky to have jobs but this will affect the retailers and real estate industry (lots of mortgage and rent) while it try to absorb the Covid19 impact in manufacturing industry. 

One indicator of it is : China surplus of trading is 421.9 billion U.S. dollars in 2019 out of 14 trillions GDP.

The gdp growth of China is mostly not because of the outsourcing labor alone,  western countries tend to over focus in this because of jobs losing prospect than the nature of gdp growth. Take building a new road example:

The value of a road is the numbers of traffic going through it everyday & its quality (so less maintenance cost). The cost of it is the money need to buy lots  the road go through, labors and materials. 

In western countries, the local gov pay the lots with "market" value. In China CCP has the option of just get it and pay crap prices or reallocation (give apartments for farm land). So the cost in China is minimum but due to its populations, more people will use the new road so the road has more value. So CCP have higher return in lower investments and can build more roads--> massive GDP growth while Western countries have higher investment and lower return and tighter budgets -> lower profits, less roads --> less GDP growth. That's the root of China "miracle".

Note that if any Gov simply destroys the road and build a new road that have exactly and same lanes and value, the GDP will increase because of the labor in destroying and build new road, even it is a waste of investment but it create jobs (and corruption officers can pocket state money). Only China can afford this kind of growth because of the "discounted" compensation of land and labor who are ready to work with less than half a pay to keep job and overtime for free. No Western citizens can accept this.

Many US people have the choice to put their pensions, 401k into mutual funds to invest to China or their corporations are having deals in China and most of the China-HK stocks owner want to pass on their hot potatoes to these funds. Most of them just hate their countries being taken advantage off unfairly or hate CCP crimes or don't trust China so it needs to show good prospect for compensate for high risk. Investor do  not hate the money and that is why CCP doesn't need to be a nice and fair. Most people in investments know about cons and pros, the different is the how much weigh we think for these cons and pros and US Gov are simply put more weight in the cons, higher risks, which make CCP needs to promise higher return.

-----------------------

And why don't I say anything about the positive side?Because firstly I think it is inflated and secondly there are lots of analysis mention that already. My love or hate for CCP doesn't matter even in my opinion CCP is not that lovely. 

And what is my gain in invest time in writing these? for discussing, learning, researching, clarifying my thought and anything I misunderstand will be countered, and improving writing skills in English and expressing my political points of view, making online friends and (unintentionally, "enemy"). I cannot express much in my speaking accent so it is kind of a disability. I suspect I got autism myself. 

Edited by SUZNV
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Anyone replying to @BradleyPNW is simply asking for a helical argument designed to wind you up. Why bother?

Oh no. I supply links to reputable sources. For example, remember when you boffed the explanation for why the constitutional convention participants created the electoral college? I gave you a link to a reputable source on US history so you could correct your misunderstanding. 

Still curious to know if you corrected your misunderstanding on that subject yet. I can give you the link again if you need it. 

• Rolling Eye 1

13 hours ago, ronwagn said:

It may come up during the election campaign. That and many other items. 

Donald's disinformation ecosystem keeps stringing his followers along with promises of a great deliverance. It isn't going to happen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

6 hours ago, SUZNV said:

Firstly we should question about the motives of the reports or finance analysis? Can it be fair and independent while its have the purpose of "not too bad" and "long term gaining" to attract funds or selling their shares (most finance analysis tried to be independent to persuade people to invest in them). They cannot sell anything if the analysis are in "no hope" style. The same way these financial analysts in the US for mutual funds or ETF, they appear to be transparent but the main purpose  they exist is  to make people trust and invest in them. They are simply sale man and these financial reports are their marketing flyers. Like any salesman, they will have to deflate the obvious negative and inflate the hidden positive.

Secondly CCP will not tolerate any "spread of rumors" style or people who wrote cause panic in China or HK economy will surely lose their jobs instantly and their bosses won't help them. And any counter argument would be viewed as hate CCP, want China to have a bad future etc. An indicator of this is:why would any business owners or corporations in HK have to praise the security laws before knowing about the details of it (still drafting) if they are not forced too. HSBC at first was quiet, got a warning and then have to publicly supported the HK security laws. They even cannot have the option keep the silence. CCP will use these supports to keep the credit scores to borrow money with lower interests and lend it out with higher interests or pay back the high interest debt or subsidies the industries or gov spending.

The value of HK reflect why it the 3rd ranking financial capital: highest bank density in the world, lots of fund management firms and geological world trading position, and the transparent and legal systems (similar to NY has 2 large stock exchanges but manufacturing concentrate in Midwest). HK value are not due in export and import because its strength is not in manufacturing but frankly people invest in HK because CCP promise to leave them alone until 2047. If foreign investors trust CCP completely , they would bypass HK and go straight to mainland directly so its position is to fill in gap between the distrust of CCP and access to China big market. Many "sensitives" products are forbidden to export to China but export to HK is another example.

The more CCP intervention the more losing trust, the more losing trust the more losing HK values. HK people know this and that's why they are against CCP intervention, not only losing their freedom but their economy in the futures, they have both or lose both unlike mainland Chinese can sacrifice freedom for economy.

We shouldn't obsess with import export the way as we sell more to you and buy less from you then we gain more than you. The value of trading itself  are in the flow of goods and services and  increase production efficiency thanks to  the competitions pressure(of course both sides have to honor the contracts and the credits in trading is everything). So if the manual labor salary increase but the productivity output per person stay the same. Currently the workers who still have jobs in China is working with even more than half pay cut, and they still consider themselves lucky to have jobs but this will affect the retailers and real estate industry (lots of mortgage and rent) while it try to absorb the Covid19 impact in manufacturing industry. 

One indicator of it is : China surplus of trading is 421.9 billion U.S. dollars in 2019 out of 14 trillions GDP.

The gdp growth of China is mostly not because of the outsourcing labor alone,  western countries tend to over focus in this because of jobs losing prospect than the nature of gdp growth. Take building a new road example:

The value of a road is the numbers of traffic going through it everyday & its quality (so less maintenance cost). The cost of it is the money need to buy lots  the road go through, labors and materials. 

In western countries, the local gov pay the lots with "market" value. In China CCP has the option of just get it and pay crap prices or reallocation (give apartments for farm land). So the cost in China is minimum but due to its populations, more people will use the new road so the road has more value. So CCP have higher return in lower investments and can build more roads--> massive GDP growth while Western countries have higher investment and lower return and tighter budgets -> lower profits, less roads --> less GDP growth. That's the root of China "miracle".

Note that if any Gov simply destroys the road and build a new road that have exactly and same lanes and value, the GDP will increase because of the labor in destroying and build new road, even it is a waste of investment but it create jobs (and corruption officers can pocket state money). Only China can afford this kind of growth because of the "discounted" compensation of land and labor who are ready to work with less than half a pay to keep job and overtime for free. No Western citizens can accept this.

Many US people have the choice to put their pensions, 401k into mutual funds to invest to China or their corporations are having deals in China and most of the China-HK stocks owner want to pass on their hot potatoes to these funds. Most of them just hate their countries being taken advantage off unfairly or hate CCP crimes or don't trust China so it needs to show good prospect for compensate for high risk. Investor do  not hate the money and that is why CCP doesn't need to be a nice and fair. Most people in investments know about cons and pros, the different is the how much weigh we think for these cons and pros and US Gov are simply put more weight in the cons, higher risks, which make CCP needs to promise higher return.

-----------------------

And why don't I say anything about the positive side?Because firstly I think it is inflated and secondly there are lots of analysis mention that already. My love or hate for CCP doesn't matter even in my opinion CCP is not that lovely. 

And what is my gain in invest time in writing these? for discussing, learning, researching, clarifying my thought and anything I misunderstand will be countered, and improving writing skills in English and expressing my political points of view, making online friends and (unintentionally, "enemy"). I cannot express much in my speaking accent so it is kind of a disability. I suspect I got autism myself. 

6 hours ago, SUZNV said:

-----------------------

SUZNV, I love your commentary and hope you stick around on Oil Price! I learn a lot from you and get a lot of insight. Your English is good enough to get your ideas across. It will only get better. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

You can be dumb as a stump and still be a successful criminal.

Just wait until these idiots defund or abolish the police, these ‘dumb as stump’ criminals will be coming out of the woodwork!

Did you see this?

https://itsmac.com/2020/06/02/coeur-dalene-idaho-stands-up-antifa-stands-down/

"Antifa has sent a plane load of their people into Boise and three bus loads from Seattle into the rural areas"

Nope. Never happened. Why did some people in Coeur d’Alene get suckered? Because they are gullible AF. How do they resolve their cognitive dissonance so they don't feel gullible AF? They claim their show of force chased Antifa away despite a total lack of evidence Antifa 1) exists as an entity, and 2) ever showed up in Idaho. 

Conspiracy theorists gonna conspiracy theorist. Even if you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt their conspiracy theory was wrong they'll still return to the same sources that mind crimed them the first time. They never learn. 

https://www.idahostatejournal.com/opinion/columns/the-antifa-is-coming-the-antifa-is-coming/article_735ed1fe-e647-5f5d-a946-f18d27b284f9.html

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, BradleyPNW said:

"Antifa has sent a plane load of their people into Boise and three bus loads from Seattle into the rural areas"

Nope. Never happened. Why did some people in Coeur d’Alene get suckered? Because they are gullible AF. How do they resolve their cognitive dissonance so they don't feel gullible AF? They claim their show of force chased Antifa away despite a total lack of evidence Antifa 1) exists as an entity, and 2) ever showed up in Idaho. 

Conspiracy theorists gonna conspiracy theorist. Even if you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt their conspiracy theory was wrong they'll still return to the same sources that mind crimed them the first time. They never learn. 

https://www.idahostatejournal.com/opinion/columns/the-antifa-is-coming-the-antifa-is-coming/article_735ed1fe-e647-5f5d-a946-f18d27b284f9.html

AH, except Antifa/BLM did go from Seattle to the suburbs, but stopped only part way in.  Did not get the response they were looking for, and know that gun ownership goes up to 100% the farther into the sticks you go. 

As for the IDaho idiots... yea, talk about a massive credulity stretch.  Jeepers.  Snot nosed brats of rich liberals(Antifa) would be damned scared of the Mosquitoes/flies.  No way in Hell are they going into rural areas. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/9/2020 at 8:31 AM, BradleyPNW said:

Hong Kong protesters waving Americans flags is evidence of robust US soft power. China is helpless against US soft power.

There is no way to resist American pop culture, it's funny when people even try to deny it. You even see people in pro-Putin crowds wearing Yankee hats. You can send Xi and Putty Poo for a state visit to Africa and get a motorcade and some people waving flags. Send in Beyonce and half the continent goes nuts.

• Like 3
  • Great Response! 1

On 6/10/2020 at 6:02 AM, ronwagn said:

The impeachment was a total sham that was a disgraceful act by the Democrats. The Bidens have history of monetary deals that benefit the family. 

The Democrats have worked hard, for four years, to get rid of President Trump. They now have the Chinese and possibly the Russians and other nations trying to help. The delay in COVID 19 information was part of the CCP attempt to harm the West.

The trade imbalance between China and America has been a thorn in our relations and have China's actions in the South Pacific. 

Prosecutions will start soon on some of the many illegal actions planned by Obama and many agents of his administration aimed at getting rid of him. 

The murder of George Floyd was heinous. The legal action by Minneapolis was too slow. Democrat run cities have atrocious records on handling crime and murders. Between Black LIves Matters and Antifa a heinous act of murder was turned into a cathartic mass of parades and rioting. The rioting and looting was not stopped and controlled. It was allowed to continue unabated. Many police officers were killed or harmed trying to control things without hurting anyone. Meanwhile many black on black shootings and killings occurred in Chicago and St. Louis etc. Now there are movements to defund and further rein in police departments.

All of the above actions play a role in the result of the next election. We will soon see how it all works out. The Presidency and control of the House and Senate are at stake. The American voters will decide what America will look like in the next four years. 

That's not accurate, there are many republicans struggling to remove Trump from the office too, because this incompetent narcissist has cost America dearly in American lives, international reputation and state of the US economy. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

18 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

AH, except Antifa/BLM did go from Seattle to the suburbs, but stopped only part way in.  Did not get the response they were looking for, and know that gun ownership goes up to 100% the farther into the sticks you go. 

As for the IDaho idiots... yea, talk about a massive credulity stretch.  Jeepers.  Snot nosed brats of rich liberals(Antifa) would be damned scared of the Mosquitoes/flies.  No way in Hell are they going into rural areas. 

People armed themselves to fight a conspiracy theory about a tyrannical government during a pandemic. Then they armed themselves to fight a conspiracy theory about decentralized anarchists during police brutality protests. That kind of person is thoroughly controlled by fear. 

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, BradleyPNW said:

People armed themselves to fight a conspiracy theory about a tyrannical government during a pandemic. Then they armed themselves to fight a conspiracy theory about decentralized anarchists during police brutality protests. That kind of person is thoroughly controlled by fear. 

Isn't a conspiracy theory.  Just got to Capitol hill dude and enjoy your fantasy "conspiracy".  Try walking anywhere in Portland.  The authoritarian fascist thugs named ANTIFA are out in force ready to beat anyone up they do not agree with. 

Got to love a lack of morality.  Ah, the results of "if it feels good, do it", "the ends justify the means", and "you define your own morality". 

5 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Isn't a conspiracy theory.  Just got to Capitol hill dude and enjoy your fantasy "conspiracy".  Try walking anywhere in Portland.  The authoritarian fascist thugs named ANTIFA are out in force ready to beat anyone up they do not agree with. 

Got to love a lack of morality.  Ah, the results of "if it feels good, do it", "the ends justify the means", and "you define your own morality". 

Seattleites are laughing at the Cap Hill Autonomous Zone. It's a tourist attraction. Someone set up a food cart called Non-cop Co-op. If locals are laughing at Cap Hill how much more do you think they're laughing at Idaho for panicking over Antifa. 

EaRgJDTU0AEuJEV.jpg

EaNB-uGU8AAz06C.jpg

Annotation 2020-06-11 184931.png

• Haha 1

Trumpsters having panic attacks about Antifa taking over Seattle should know an Antifa takeover comes with hot dog stands and makeshift hippie food organic street co-ops. Better hide in yer bunkers. 

EaHQJ-gUEAEp5BK.jpg

EaHQJo3U0AANdlU.jpg

• Haha 1

(edited)

On 6/10/2020 at 11:49 AM, BradleyPNW said:

I went to high school north of Coeur d Alene, it's not gullibility it's a total suspicion of outsiders that already exists that got them 'suckered' if you want to call it that. People walking around with semi's and vest is nothing up there. There's nothing to do on the weekends anyway, all the stick dwellers prob. thought it was a hoot going to the 'big city' for the weekend.

Edited by Strangelovesurfing
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BradleyPNW said:

Trumpsters having panic attacks about Antifa taking over Seattle should know an Antifa takeover comes with hot dog stands and makeshift hippie food organic street co-ops. Better hide in yer bunkers. 

EaHQJ-gUEAEp5BK.jpg

EaHQJo3U0AANdlU.jpg

Six bucks for a hot dog?! Corrupt progressive capitalist pigs! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

(edited)

On 6/10/2020 at 5:46 PM, ronwagn said:

SUZNV, I love your commentary and hope you stick around on Oil Price! I learn a lot from you and get a lot of insight. Your English is good enough to get your ideas across. It will only get better. 

* Did China blink ?

* Does China need U.S. ?

* Is China worried about Hong Kong losing "Special Status" ? (Answer: YES !)

* Is China trying to repair their reputation of disregard for  fair trade and not honoring agreements ? 

China will most likely threaten to cancel trade agreement if U.S. cancels Hong Kong's "Special Status".

Trump will not cave, he'll call China's bluff. 

Quote:

(June 11th)  "Former Chinese finance minister and Cabinet adviser Zhu Guangyao said on Thursday evening that relations between the U.S. and China were “far from satisfactory” and that the two countries should “waste no time” improving them, according to the Associated Press.

“Objectively speaking, the epidemic has had an impact on the implementation of this agreement, but in this kind of situation, China emphasizes that we should work hard together to ensure the implementation of the Phase 1 agreement," he said."

There is a reason for everything Chinese authorities say or do. 

Edited by BLA
  • Like 2
  • Great Response! 1

13 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Six bucks for a hot dog?! Corrupt progressive capitalist pigs! 

Locals living right next door to the CHAZ laugh because $6 veggie hot dogs is the reality of Cap Hill communist LARPing. Yet, just four hours ago Donald is ready to hide in his bunker again. 

Annotation 2020-06-12 111647.png

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Strangelovesurfing said:

I went to high school north of Coeur d Alene, it's not gullibility it's a total suspicion of outsiders that already exists that got them 'suckered' if you want to call it that. People walking around with semi's and vest is nothing up there. There's nothing to do on the weekends anyway, all the stick dwellers prob. thought it was a hoot going to the 'big city' for the weekend.

They really believed Antifa was coming to invade the city. Same thing happened in Placerville, CA. Even the sheriff in Placerville thought Antifa was coming from Sacramento. When Antifa didn't show in Placerville the Trump army claimed the same victory, "we scared them away." 

There's plenty of recreation around Placerville. It's a recreation hub sitting at the intersection of hwy 50/49. They aren't bored, they're gullible dupes. 

(edited)

They really believed Antifa was coming to invade the city.

Of course they did, this is the same area thats been getting ready for the race war thats 'just around the corner' for 70 years. If you live in the boonies your always sure 'those' people are coming to get you sooner or later. If you think this round of repelling outsiders is anything new you haven't spent much time in the Pacific NW, they've been defeating non-existent invaders forever.

Edited by Strangelovesurfing
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BradleyPNW said:

They really believed Antifa was coming to invade the city. Same thing happened in Placerville, CA. Even the sheriff in Placerville thought Antifa was coming from Sacramento. When Antifa didn't show in Placerville the Trump army claimed the same victory, "we scared them away." 

There's plenty of recreation around Placerville. It's a recreation hub sitting at the intersection of hwy 50/49. They aren't bored, they're gullible dupes. 

Well they showed up in Taylorville, IL which is a very unlikely place. We have had peaceful marches here in Decatur, IL also. There has been some damage nearby from a few criminals though. There is nothing wrong or stupid about being ready for troublemakers. What is stupid is not being ready for criminality. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

Well they showed up in Taylorville, IL which is a very unlikely place. We have had peaceful marches here in Decatur, IL also. There has been some damage nearby from a few criminals though. There is nothing wrong or stupid about being ready for troublemakers. What is stupid is not being ready for criminality. 

America's right to peaceful assembly is one of our strongest sources of soft power. See Hong Kong. 

Calling protesters rioters and criminal plays into the hands of America's enemies. Donald, in conjunction with his enablers, frequently attacks the American institutions that are so powerful in supporting American superpower status. Or, let me put it this way, the reason the world speaks English isn't because of some doofus ZeroHedge idea of currency theory but because American institutions -- right to peaceful protest -- are attractive. 

• Like 1

American institutions -- right to peaceful protest -- are attractive

This is true and also why I laugh at @frankfurter :x and his cluelessness all the time. Not only are these protests reaffirming American values for the world to see. They're going to endear the US to the entire continent of Africa for decades to come. You can't get that same emotional connection with a BELT or find it on the ROAD. Keep dumping that money Xi.

• Upvote 1