Michael Bloomberg Contributes $4.5 Million For Paris Climate Deal After Trump Bails


Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg will write a $4.5 million check to fund the United States’ annual commitment to the Paris climate deal after President Donald Trump withdrew from the pact. Bloomberg, a billionaire philanthropist and the United Nations’ special envoy for climate action, said  he will fill the U.S. funding gap after Congress said it would only pay $3 million this year to the U.N. Climate Change Secretariat. In past years, the U.S. had pledged around $7.5 million annually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a guy. It's a shame that our own government doesn't see this as a priority for the world's well being. 

Go you Bloomberg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“America is part of the problem. America is a big part of the solution and we should go in and help the world stop a potential disaster.” Bloomberg acting more Presidential than some sitting in oval office. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all contribute to our government. The shame is that our government is taking irresponsible positions on climate.
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stormysaga said:

“America is part of the problem. America is a big part of the solution and we should go in and help the world stop a potential disaster.” Bloomberg acting more Presidential than some sitting in oval office. 

well said. Always thought Bloomberg should run for president. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spare me the feigned moral superiority. He probably wipes his butt with that much money before he eats breakfast. He is a huge political donor (one of the biggest?) He spent $65 million in support of gun control and soda tax measures. His $4.5 million spent here is inconsequential. Just window dressing, people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Missy said:

Spare me the feigned moral superiority. He probably wipes his butt with that much money before he eats breakfast. He is a huge political donor (one of the biggest?) He spent $65 million in support of gun control and soda tax measures. His $4.5 million spent here is inconsequential. Just window dressing, people.

I agree with Missy. Not only that his money is inconsequential but this also demonstrate how inconsequential the Paris Agreement is, too, if it can be paid off by one guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bulk of money will be spent on consultants and reports saying that more money is critically needed to finish the report.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Nigerian Price said:

bulk of money will be spent on consultants and reports saying that more money is critically needed to finish the report.

Jared could contributed. He is only one with cash in the family 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites