Junior Geo

Greta Thunberg vs Canada

Greta is once again telling (not asking) the Prime Minister of Canada to cancel the Trans Mountain and Keystone XL pipelines.

Here she is, bashing an oil industry with very high environmental standards. I am wondering why she doesn't unleash her "enviro-squad" on Saudi Arabia or Russia, where environmental standards are not held in such regard.

My true question is; why is the Prime Minister of Canada listening to someone who lacks experience and knowledge regarding these issues? And why does she think she has a right to tell Canadians what to do?

She is attacking a sector that not only employs myself, but hundreds of thousands of Canadians.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/greta-thunberg-canada-un-1.5605830

Trans Mountain is already getting built, I can see the construction from my property in Edmonton,  good luck stopping that. Supreme court has already rejected listening to more appeals.

Keystone XL won't happen, it doesn't solve the "one customer" problem, we already have a pipeline to the state, and the states has plenty of their own oil right now.

On 6/10/2020 at 1:39 PM, Enthalpic said:

Trans Mountain is already getting built, I can see the construction from my property in Edmonton,  good luck stopping that. Supreme court has already rejected listening to more appeals.

Keystone XL won't happen, it doesn't solve the "one customer" problem, we already have a pipeline to the state, and the states has plenty of their own oil right now.

It'll happen because we need the heavy crude we won't get from Venezuela or Iran for the refineries on the GC. Lot's of light crude ,yes

Let me rephrase your question. 

The ongoing climate change has been scientifically proven as one of the major risks to the ongoing well being of the human race, namely the possibility of the so called "Hothouse Earth" scenario where positive feedback in the form of thawing methane in the permafrost layers by the Earth's poles could release so much greenhouse gases that the average temperature would rise rapidly several degrees, making adaptation and survival difficult to impossible. 

So despite the mounting scientific evidence, how comes that certain countries do not take this threat with the seriousness it no doubt requires? 

Or is the ongoing survival human race more important than a few quick bucks of profits into the pockets of the privileged few?