Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CD

I am buying Huawei phone

...at least to play my favorite music from it or to connect Alexa. So, Department of Justice is investigating Chinese telecommunications firm Huawei over whether it violated U.S. sanctions against Iran. The investigation comes one month after the agency reached a $430 million settlement with another Chinese telecom firm, ZTE, for also violating U.S. sanctions with Iran. At the same time, Apple CEO Tim Cook visited the White House to meet with President Trump amid escalating trade tensions between the administration and China that involve the tech industry.

Just now, 李伟王芳 said:

just to be rebel. it is a crappy phone though 

I still don't see why all which hunt. Made in China, just like Apple

but designed by Chinese engineers in California

just don't say because they are spying on us. Because everybody is spying.

5 minutes ago, Cokiga Damke said:

...at least to play my favorite music from it or to connect Alexa. So, Department of Justice is investigating Chinese telecommunications firm Huawei over whether it violated U.S. sanctions against Iran. The investigation comes one month after the agency reached a $430 million settlement with another Chinese telecom firm, ZTE, for also violating U.S. sanctions with Iran. At the same time, Apple CEO Tim Cook visited the White House to meet with President Trump amid escalating trade tensions between the administration and China that involve the tech industry.

Hopefully, Cook can educate the real estate developer on global trade.

or Trumo just needs some troubleshooting help. Twitter shortcuts and stuff

Just now, Nigerian Price said:

or Trumo just needs some troubleshooting help. Twitter shortcuts and stuff

i also never know to embed the tweet

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cokiga Damke said:

But we're good with Bain Capital, Exxon, Halliburton... violating sanctions.

10 minutes ago, Cokiga Damke said:

because we cant allow Iranian people to buy Huawei. Because it concerns us and we don't have other more important issues to address 

I am sending my Iphone 6 to a randon=m Iranian address. You know, the Iphone with "unexpected shutdown issues"

58 minutes ago, Joanna said:

i also never know to embed the tweet

thank you for that. Maddening, really. 

58 minutes ago, Joanna said:

But we're good with Bain Capital, Exxon, Halliburton... violating sanctions.

I don't know specifically about Bain and Exxon, but Halli and SlumberJ were both fined for violating sanctions (I think Halli settled, actually?)

But that argument that "we're good" with that sounds oddly reminiscent of my teenage daughters, who seem to think that because someone else wasn't punished for a wrongdoing, that their own wrongdoing should go equally unpunished. Sometimes you get caught, sometimes you don't. Thems the breaks.

The bigger issue here is, why should I care about Huawei?

I would buy one purely out of spite. Huawei is growing globally. I think they had like 8% growth or something in '17 but don't quote me on it. Apple is a bit in the weeds right now with their IPhone situation and all they care about is stock buybacks and dividends for their shareholders. They should've bought Netflix a long time ago but they simply don't have the vision. Now Netflix is too expensive. Well, at least for them it is. It wouldn't surprise me if Bezos tried to snatch up Netflix at some point. The idea that Americans shouldn't buy a Huawei phone because the Chinese are using them for nefarious purposes is laughable to me. I have my own gov't to worry about.

• Like 1