Douglas Buckland

Enough is Enough...

I do not know US context of slavery and how African-Americans can feel about it.

I remember how it was in Poland in 1989 when Soviet Union sponsored communism dictatorship ended.

All the monuments of communism heroes/dignitaries etc. were destroyed or moved within days. The small and medium cranes were busy.

Some of the monuments were by famous artists but it has not helped them.

Next all the names of peoples, organizations, everything that was only remotely connected with communism were renamed.

In all of Poland there is no single item, even 10 by 10 yards city mini park that is named by anything that is connected with communism.

That was the will of the majority of the people. 

Authorities had to protect Red Soviet Army monuments, remember that Soviet Union Army liberated Poland in 1944-1945 from Nazi Germany. But many of them were frequently vandalized by people oand repaired by authorities.

I think situation in US could be different and African-Americans are simply in rage against their poor economic conditions.

But my opinion is at least part of their feelings could be the same as were present in Poland in 1989.

• Upvote 2

Are you comparing the occupation of a foreign power with the domestic history of a nation?

• Upvote 1

(edited)

I don't have any problem with taking down statues of Southern Civil War Generals as such; they lost.  And the same goes for renaming military bases.  The fact is, almost nobody even looks at the damn things anymore and if we have the temerity to say that slavery was before my time and therefore don't bother me with it, the least we can do is apply the same logic to these stupid statues: before my time, don't bother me with them.  However, it does mean something to the ancestors of the people that are now free, so take them down.  When's the last time you made a trip to go look at one?  Thought so, take it down.

I cannot imagine walking by a statue of a Japanese General in Springfield Illinois and not feeling odd about it being there.

Many people raised a stink about renaming sports teams some years back, and that has turned into a big nothing burger.   This too shall pass. 

Edited by Dan Warnick

3 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Watching the news in Malaysia this morning I saw where the rioters in the US were pulling down the statues of Confederate veterans, defacing historic sites (including the Lincoln Memorial), and demanding that US miliary installations named after Confederate Generals be renamed.

In other news, British protesters and rioters were pulling down statues, defacing others (including those of Winston Churchil) and demanding institutions named after Cecil Rhodes be renamed.

Slavery was a horrible institution, most agree on that.,But it needs to be seen in the historical context it existed in. Furthermore, almost every society, at some point, kept slaves (including South America, Africa and the Middle East). Slavery was NEVER a solely ‘white’ institution.

The George Floyd/police brutality/racism narrative has now been highjacked. I have never owned slaves and neither have my ancestors. By the same token, no black alive today, in the US or UK, has ever been a slave in either the UK or the US.

I refuse to buy into the white guilt or white privilege trip - I have neither. I am seeing ‘black entitlement’, which is unearned.

I am to the point where I don’t give a rat’s ass about anyone who loots, burns down residences or beats people up for no reason. This is aggrevated robbery, arson and assault. I hope these people are arrested and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I am sick of these people trying to rewrite history because they are ‘offended’.

These rioters are entitled idiots have lost the plot and are doing more damage to their ‘cause’ than the Floyd murder created.

I have zero respect for these rioters and will not shed a tear when they get what they deserve...regardless of their skin color.

But in the eyes of the PC-SJW-Leftwaffe  brigade your 'White privilege' means you carry the collective guilt of what your race did hundreds of years ago. Whether or not you or your ancestors had any benefit is irrelevant 

Interestingly in Islam there is a verse that says 'you can't hold a son responsible for the sins of his Father'

Yet I have met Muslims who seem to hold me personally responsible for the Crusades and have some sort of vicarious liability for the alleged damages. 

Anyway if you watch BBC-Pravda they will have it that the Romans had lots of Sub Saharan Africans in their senior ranks. These people were slaving Britons Millenia before whites got in on the game. As a fellow Anglo surname holder you too can share in our collective pain for the oppression and bondage of our ancestors - perhaps we can seek Compo?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Funny enough, this video is not available in Malaysia...🤔

• Upvote 1

[20] The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Ezekiel 18:20 King James Version

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

[20] The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Ezekiel 18:20 King James Version

Are you sure you want to quote this eclectic collection of incoherent stories, where the allegedly the most merciful and loving supreme being goes and kill all the first born children in Egypt just to prove a point?

• Rolling Eye 2

(edited)

4 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Watching the news in Malaysia this morning I saw where the rioters in the US were pulling down the statues of Confederate veterans, defacing historic sites (including the Lincoln Memorial), and demanding that US miliary installations named after Confederate Generals be renamed.

In other news, British protesters and rioters were pulling down statues, defacing others (including those of Winston Churchil) and demanding institutions named after Cecil Rhodes be renamed.

Slavery was a horrible institution, most agree on that.,But it needs to be seen in the historical context it existed in. Furthermore, almost every society, at some point, kept slaves (including South America, Africa and the Middle East). Slavery was NEVER a solely ‘white’ institution.

The George Floyd/police brutality/racism narrative has now been highjacked. I have never owned slaves and neither have my ancestors. By the same token, no black alive today, in the US or UK, has ever been a slave in either the UK or the US.

I refuse to buy into the white guilt or white privilege trip - I have neither. I am seeing ‘black entitlement’, which is unearned.

I am to the point where I don’t give a rat’s ass about anyone who loots, burns down residences or beats people up for no reason. This is aggrevated robbery, arson and assault. I hope these people are arrested and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I am sick of these people trying to rewrite history because they are ‘offended’.

These rioters are entitled idiots have lost the plot and are doing more damage to their ‘cause’ than the Floyd murder created.

I have zero respect for these rioters and will not shed a tear when they get what they deserve...regardless of their skin color.

Even if you don't own any slaves personally, you still benefit from an environment where white and black races have unequal opportunities, receive unequal pay and are not equally accepted by the majority of the society (all documented facts). 

Considering the so called "Confederate generals", first of all, there was legally nothing like "Confederacy". Lincoln has won the election and abolished slavery (by the way later than Russia). The idea of one man whipping another to death to force him to work without compensation in inhuman conditions was found abhorrent, repulsive, archaic and unfit for modern, civilized society. After that, the southern plantation owners that depended on this inhuman institution rose up, weapons in hands, in an armed uprising, and became a bunch of criminals illegally occupying parts of the US territory. Those criminals were never recognized as a sovereign state. There was a war which these southern criminals lost, some of them were tried, and that was it. There is no reason there should be their statues anywhere. 

Contemporary Germany also does not have statues of Hitler, Goebbels, or an university of Dr. Mengele anywhere. Yes, those people were a part of German history, but that does not mean they deserve to be glorified. If I saw a statue of someone who whipped my grandmother do death, I would also demand such statue to be torn down. 

Edited by Yoshiro Kamamura

6 minutes ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

Are you sure you want to quote this eclectic collection of incoherent stories, where the allegedly the most merciful and loving supreme being goes and kill all the first born children in Egypt just to prove a point?

Unlike yourself, I was not creating a narrative and was simply adding to an earlier comment made by someone else:

”Interestingly in Islam there is a verse that says 'you can't hold a son responsible for the sins of his Father'“

This was meant to show that Islam mirrors Christianity in this issue....asshole.
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 3

(edited)

5 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Unlike yourself, I was not creating a narrative and was simply adding to an earlier comment made by someone else:

”Interestingly in Islam there is a verse that says 'you can't hold a son responsible for the sins of his Father'“

This was meant to show that Islam mirrors Christianity in this issue....asshole.

On the other hand, Christianity burdens people with so called "Original Sin", or "Hereditary Sin" which makes all the humans automatically sinful because of something our alleged forefather (biologically nonsense) Adam did. 

So you may do your cherry picking more carefully next time, so that you don't accidentally step on your own rake, my little simpleton!

Edited by Yoshiro Kamamura
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

Even if you don't own any slaves personally, you still benefit from an environment where white and black races have unequal opportunities, receive unequal pay and are not equally accepted by the majority of the society (all documented facts). 

Considering the so called "Confederate generals", first of all, there was legally nothing like "Confederacy". Lincoln has won the election and abolished slavery (by the way later than Russia). The idea of one man whipping another to death to force him to work without compensation in inhuman conditions was found abhorrent, repulsive, archaic and unfit for modern, civilized society. After that, the southern plantation owners that depended on this inhuman institution rose up, weapons in hands, in an armed uprising, and became a bunch of criminals illegally occupying parts of the US territory. Those criminals were never recognized as a sovereign state. There was a war which these southern criminals lost, some of them were tried, and that was it. There is no reason there should be their statues anywhere. 

Contemporary Germany also does not have statues of Hitler, Goebbels, or an university of Dr. Mengele anywhere. Yes, those people were a part of German history, but that does not mean they deserve to be glorified. If I saw a statue of someone who whipped my grandmother do death, I would also demand such statue to be torn down. 

True. Mind you Japan has memorials to mass murderers from the 20th Century. 

• Great Response! 1

11 minutes ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

British and American societies are also ones where certain groups of Asians (ex. east Asians & Indians ) financial position exceeds that of the white population which tends to suggest colour / religious  discrimination is not a major factor. 

Sikhs are the classic example in the UK  - long hair, turbans and beards but generally successful, low levels of unemployment 

Perhaps there are differences in culture that drive these differences.

Value of education

Cohesiveness of families (is Daddy present😉)

Following religion that require huge amounts of learning effort to rote learn religious texts

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Funny enough, this video is not available in Malaysia...🤔

Get yourself a VPN.  Two clicks and you're watching it.

21 minutes ago, NickW said:

True. Mind you Japan has memorials to mass murderers from the 20th Century. 

Just because someone has them........

IMHO, the Japanese are some of the most lovely racists in the world.  Even though they are a dominant force when it comes to international trade, they largely do not teach the language of international trade.  This makes it difficult to bring in outside influence, or too much "mixing" of the "pure" Japanese race.  Their decision, but not one I would hold up as a good example for this question.

3 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Just because someone has them........

IMHO, the Japanese are some of the most lovely racists in the world.  Even though they are a dominant force when it comes to international trade, they largely do not teach the language of international trade.  This makes it difficult to bring in outside influence, or too much "mixing" of the "pure" Japanese race.  Their decision, but not one I would hold up as a good example for this question.

Watch this - Chinese advert. 

Imagine running this in the UK or USA. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

18 minutes ago, NickW said:

Watch this - Chinese advert. 

Imagine running this in the UK or USA. 

Oh, that's bad.  Makes you wonder: What did they give that fellow to do the Ad?

And the first couple of comments under the video on YouTube:

kwstas sikatos
He needs a second rinse . He came out yellow.

Michael Wetzel
Things shrink in the laundry. Just wait until she looks down.

General Orders No. 100 : The Lieber Code  

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF ARMIES OF THE UNITED STATES IN THE FIELD  

Prepared by Francis Lieber, promulgated as General Orders No. 100 by President Lincoln, 24 April 1863.

Instructions for the Government of Armies of the United States in the Field, prepared by Francis Lieber, LL.D., Originally Issued as General Orders No. 100, Adjutant General's Office, 1863, Washington 1898: Government Printing Office. 

Art. 82.

Men, or squads of men, who commit hostilities, whether by fighting, or inroads for destruction or plunder, or by raids of any kind, without commission, without being part and portion of the organized hostile army, and without sharing continuously in the war, but who do so with intermitting returns to their homes and avocations, or with the occasional assumption of the semblance of peaceful pursuits, divesting themselves of the character or appearance of soldiers - such men, or squads of men, are not public enemies, and, therefore, if captured, are not entitled to the privileges of prisoners of war, but shall be treated summarily as highway robbers or pirates. 

Art. 83.

Scouts, or single soldiers, if disguised in the dress of the country or in the uniform of the army hostile to their own, employed in obtaining information, if found within or lurking about the lines of the captor, are treated as spies, and suffer death.  

Art. 157.

Armed or unarmed resistance by citizens of the United States against the lawful movements of their troops is levying war against the United States, and is therefore treason.

Interesting stuff ^^, Douglas.  What's your point?

1 hour ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

On the other hand, Christianity burdens people with so called "Original Sin", or "Hereditary Sin" which makes all the humans automatically sinful because of something our alleged forefather (biologically nonsense) Adam did.

So, you just proved you do not have kids and do not know how to read. 

There is not an infant alive who is not a selfish willful asshole hellbent on getting their own way. 

As for the reading, all one has to do is look at our nature from birth.  Not exactly Christ like... ergo, original sin.  And no, being an ass is not taught at birth...  Comes with the DNA.  That is no burden, that is an aspiration to be better.  To OVERCOME.  Not to wallow in self pity and selfishness. 

As for the confed statues, I have always been against them.  Should never have been allowed to be erected to begin with.  WHO cares if he was a good general.  So?  He was supporting scum.  Rommel was a good general too...  Of course someone will finally figure out that everything named after Wilson and other prominent Democrats also must be renamed...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I thInk what we are seeing is the result of too much policing and not enough social assistance. As MLK said ’you can't pull yourself up by your bootstraps if you can't afford boots’

Unfortunately your reference to ’these people’ is the definition of white privilege.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Rolling Eye 2

4 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Let me help . 

None shall carry the Burden of Any Other on the Day of Resurrection

God the Exalted explained what He has revealed in the Scripture of Ibrahim and Musa,

أَلَّا تَزِرُ وَازِرَةٌ وِزْرَ أُخْرَى ﴿٣٨﴾

That no burdened person shall bear the burden of another.

Meaning, every soul shall carry its own injustices, whether disbelief or sin, and none else shall carry its burden of sin, as Allah states

وَإِنْ تَدْعُ مُثْقَلَةٌ إِلَى حِمْلِهَا لَا يُحْمَلْ مِنْهُ شَيْءٌ وَلَوْ كَانَ ذَا قُرْبَى ۗ

And if one heavily laden calls another to (bear) his load, nothing of it will be lifted even though he be near of kin. (35:18)

================

When it was necessary to take Benjamin and decided to leave him with Joseph according to their confession, they began to waver for him and sympathize with them, “Then they said, my dear, that he has a great old father.” See you from philanthropists, "meaning fair, equitable and benevolent.

قَالُواْ يَا أَيُّهَا الْعَزِيزُ إِنَّ لَهُ أَباً شَيْخاً كَبِيراً فَخُذْ أَحَدَنَا مَكَانَهُ إِنَّا نَرَاكَ مِنَ الْمُحْسِنِينَ

They said: "O exalted one! Behold! he has a father, aged and venerable, (who will grieve for him); so take one of us in his place; for we see that thou art (gracious) in doing good."

قَالَ مَعَاذَ اللّهِ أَن نَّأْخُذَ إِلاَّ مَن وَجَدْنَا مَتَاعَنَا عِندَهُ إِنَّـا إِذاً لَّظَالِمُونَ

He said: "Allah forbid that we take other than him with whom we found our property: indeed (if we did so), we should be acting wrongfully

5 hours ago, Marcin2 said:

I do not know US context of slavery and how African-Americans can feel about it.

I remember how it was in Poland in 1989 when Soviet Union sponsored communism dictatorship ended.

All the monuments of communism heroes/dignitaries etc. were destroyed or moved within days. The small and medium cranes were busy.

Some of the monuments were by famous artists but it has not helped them.

Next all the names of peoples, organizations, everything that was only remotely connected with communism were renamed.

In all of Poland there is no single item, even 10 by 10 yards city mini park that is named by anything that is connected with communism.

That was the will of the majority of the people. 

Authorities had to protect Red Soviet Army monuments, remember that Soviet Union Army liberated Poland in 1944-1945 from Nazi Germany. But many of them were frequently vandalized by people oand repaired by authorities.

I think situation in US could be different and African-Americans are simply in rage against their poor economic conditions.

But my opinion is at least part of their feelings could be the same as were present in Poland in 1989.

IMHO, the truly Patriots should be the Poland insurgent army against the Nazi, Soviet Army didn't help them when they were camping in the other side of the river for days and later on made them outcast. Remove the holocaust from Nazi and I couldn't see much different between Nazi and Soviet Union. Mikhail Gorbachev seems to be a truly Patriot. I don't think the vandalists back then was from being free and wouldn't want to see the things they hate everyday. In Soviet Union or China or Vietnam, many vandalism events were organized to eliminate opposition.  Mao stirred up the Red Youth to eliminate his opponents under the disguise of "people's will" in the Culture Revolutions. Whenever we have a Culture Revolutions, we have to chop up the history monuments. 

----------------------

I don't think the protests or the vandalists are the will of people but simply an organized events to use race for amplifying up social conflicts, and many people were misleaded by the propaganda. If these 2 knew each other and working in securities in the same club so what does skin color have anything to deal with it but Politicians want to use that and try to have a mini version of Culture Revolutions. 

Racism does exist but I think many people silently benefit from the skin color and would want to keep that advantage out of the fear they will lose their chances of promotion or employment because of the prejudice. 

Sometimes it is the minority community that didn't open enough and stick to their community and it will be hard to not being isolated. If they leave their communities and move to another city on themselves, it is very likely that their future will be different. 

When I moved to new place, I went to the nearest barber shop. When I came in, all Africa-American were inside and stared at me. I think I shouldn't step out because of skin color and I am new to the US and this would be a new experience, so I sat down and wait. Even they didn't have any other customers than me but they keep chatting and made me wait for 40 minutes. I don't know much about hair style so my universal words for having hair cut in both NZ or US are "tidy up, number 2". It seems different system here but they didn't clarify with me for what I want and I ended up very short jar head.  I didn't get angry and the next day I explain to my colleagues who were curious about my hair style as "miscommunication" and didn't mention anything about race. I think they didn't want to serve me (one of the employee has a toddler next to her but the other 2 didn't have any customer), they are focus on their community customers only.

When I was in NZ, I love Turkish doner kebab (similar to gyro). I found one near my house and came in. One Muslim lady  came out to make my "to go"(in NZ people called takeaway, no one knows what "to go" means and vice versa). The lady was stone face or even looked angry. I was surprised at first but after a few times, I  remember that maybe it is forbidden for Muslim women  to smile to the strangers for welcome. Although I truly love the food and didn't have any interest in making conversation so it is okay. 

I am weird myself so  I don't have any problem but you cannot have a good busy business with that kind of customer service where customers are welcome else and they will get more money. Rationally  I feel that I was the one got discriminated because of race or religion or sex. Politicians who keep telling these people are victims of discrimination will not help them more open to accept people from other communities and being accepting back.

Back in NZ I even read a story on newspaper about an air hostess refused to serve her customer alcohol because it is against her religion, or Muslim immigrants complained about local Oktoberfest insult their religions. Seriously anyone inside these communities should advocate for opening their communities to accept other cultures  instead of keeping their silence and wait for politicians to make discrimination disappear as if they really care. Otherwise the discrimination will get from bad to worse with more "activities" like this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

So, you just proved you do not have kids and do not know how to read. 

There is not an infant alive who is not a selfish willful asshole hellbent on getting their own way. 

As for the reading, all one has to do is look at our nature from birth.  Not exactly Christ like... ergo, original sin.  And no, being an ass is not taught at birth...  Comes with the DNA.  That is no burden, that is an aspiration to be better.  To OVERCOME.  Not to wallow in self pity and selfishness. 

As for the confed statues, I have always been against them.  Should never have been allowed to be erected to begin with.  WHO cares if he was a good general.  So?  He was supporting scum.  Rommel was a good general too...  Of course someone will finally figure out that everything named after Wilson and other prominent Democrats also must be renamed...

Agree with most of what you write, but "scum"?  A bit harsh, but I think I understand where you're coming from.  History has proven that the South was fighting for the wrong side of common sense, decency and history.  The generals quite possibly should be allowed their share of blame in the history books, and therefore their monuments should be removed without fanfare, but soldiers with a gun not only pointed at them from the front, but from the back by their own masters and "superiors", should not necessarily be termed scum.  As far as I'm concerned, the soldiers of the South had not much choice, if any, more than the blacks did, and neither should be put into the column of scum.

But that's just my opinion.

(edited)

Did you miss it?  Because it just happened.

America just lost the 2nd Civil War.  

The reason you don't see it is because it didn't look like the last one.  But let me break it down:

- The 1st Amendment has been eradicated.  If you even try to say that rioters killing a black cop is equivalent violence to a rogue cop killing a black man, you are eviscerated and called a 'Nazi' by a cabal of Democratic Party and Corporately Owned Propaganda (Mainstream Media).   You will be banned from whatever social media they control (all of it).

Your opinion is now the property of 5 major media corporations.  That's fascism.  No question.  They won, you lost.

- The DNC (Minnesota AG) can call on a Militia of Antifact Fascists to burn cities down.  The compliant media comes up with the narrative that makes burning cities down 'justice' for [insert victim name here].    Is the Minnesota AG under arrest for directing a violent insurrection against the President?  Nope.  He won.  Winners don't get arrested for violence.

-  They did burn down your cities

-  They did kill your police officers

- Then, after they kill you police officers, the Narrative still is that police are the problem and they should be 'defunded.'  This offends so    many police that thousands walk off the job.  'Defunding' can simply include not restaffing those positions.  Don't buy the 'defunding doesn't mean defunding' crap.  Reallocating funds away from PDs is defunding.  The end. 

So a terrorist organization can take orders from the Democratic Party (fact), attack the United States and its Public Defenders (fact), and in the end we're negotiating how much 'defunding' is okay and 'this is a bad idea' is the worst anyone is saying.... to the terrorists.

This is like being on the losing side of the Treaty of Versailles:  "You cannot have a Navy, You cannot have an Army, You cannot have an Airforce, and we promise not to kill you".   Even 'conservatives' are obeying the terms of the terrorits' ceasefire.

Patriotic Americans are like Iranian women after the fall of the Shah.  "Just put your headscarves on girls and don't ask to go to school.  If we do, they'll get violent." 

If your enemy is willing to get violent and you'll appease them so that they don't, YOU have just legitimized terrorism. 

Don't believe me?  Wave an American flag in Seattle, Portland, Chicago, NY, DC but not from behind a barricade.  You are in occupied territory and may be maimed or killed.  For NOT waving the Antifa flag.  Fact. 

They are not the Union.  The Union flies the American Flag.  The Confederate Flag is flown by like 20 people.  It's irrelevant.  The new Army (call them soyboys if you want) fighting against the Union flies the Antifa Flag.  They just kicked your teeth in. 

Burned your cities.

Killed your cops.

Danced on their graves.

Forced thousands to resign.

Permanent narrative is that 'police are the problem.'  It only gets worse from here. 

Am I not getting through yet?  They won. 

We live under a failed terrorist state.  No, Donald Trump is not the leader of it.  We now live in a world where the US President is not the most powerful man in the world.  The Globalist Cabal just kicked his ass. 

The left just conquered Free Speech on his watch.  It is now treasonous against your masters to support America.   George Soros is your lord and master.  All hail Soros.

The 2nd Civil War is already over.   Not having to cower with your American Flag in many corners of the United States will require further assessment.

The biggest problem I have with 'Patriots' and 'Conservatives' is that they refuse to believe anything other than 'We're winning!', 'We won!', 'We're gonna win!'   Not being able to identify when you had your ass handed to you doesn't bode well in poker or politics. 

Edited by GunnysGhost
  • Great Response! 7
  • Upvote 2
  • Rolling Eye 1